Brand new song from Liam Gallagher's Beady Eye!

Randy Lahey

Great album. Great bonus tracks.

The first Beady Eye album was good in the sense that it was a cool 1960s throw back album you'd put on as background music by the pool or at the beach - very simple music, very simple lyrics, cool vibe. This album you can actually put on, sit down, and listen to it.

It definitely gives Noel's High Flying Birds album a run for its money. Personally, I think Beady Eye made some track-list errors: 2 or 3 of the album tracks should have been swapped for the bonus tracks - I've read this from many people. How is Evil Eye only a bonus track, seriously??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't know which songs which for the most part but that's because I've been playing it straight through. I like Soul Love a lot now. At first I thought it was a bit bland but it's got this kind of weird offness to it that makes it intriguing.

I'm Just Saying is the only one that really sounds like a run of the mill Oasis outtake.

First 10 tracks are pretty strong, then side two gets pretty epic if you can stay the course.

personally Liam is kicking Noel's ass, hope he tours with Axl in the UK.

I couldn't think of a more mismatched pair than Axl and Liam.

The first track sounds great. I'll buy the album (since I don't do dodgy free downloads :P). I've always loved Liam. He's just fucking cool IMO and check out the amazing collar on his coat that he's wearing on the Flick of the Finger graphics! The guy's got style. :shades:

I can see Axl and Liam going binge drinking in Amsterdamn.

I think BE might be more epic than CD with the whole 17 tracks. What is Girls in Uniform about, sounds a bit dodgy to me.

I love that clappy breakdown bit in Face in the Crowd, makes you want to TURN IT UP.

• 7 months later...

I can't be the only fan still listening to this album? It's a real belter. Evil Eye is great. I hoped the SBOTA single got more attention, it was a great, catchy, feel-good song.

I blindly purchased Be on Boxing Day. I haven't listed to any Beady Eye until spun that record and I must say i was very impressed and I listen to often (I've only had it for just over a month though.

I think I'll seek out their first album. Which do you prefer?