MSL discusses Guns n Roses

jimb0

Without reading this entire mess, I'm going to go out on a limb and make a couple guesses at what has been said.

MSL is trying to drum up publicity for his website, and continues to be a spokesperson for Team Brazil. If anybody has questioned him or his motives, he has twisted around their posts to imply they are haters and they are unhappy in their real lives off of the forum.

Coma, Andre and one other guy, I can't remember his name off the top of my head, are really going overboard praising and defending MSL.

On the MSL board, many posters are talking about how bad mygnrforum is and are keeping track of everything that is being posted and then insulting this forum's posters.

Brainsaber is letting us know he takes a lot of delight and joy that Slash fans are irate, butt-hurt and angry about this topic. Slash fans will be discussing the matter civilly, the only people showing great emotion will be guys like Brainsaber. Who will be taking all this information very, very srsly. And saying things about people spending time on a forum of a band they don't like, ooops. Followed by saying how he laughs out loud at how angry Slash fans are.

Volcano and Wf*ckina (who both are actually pretty nice guys) will have several posts calling Slash and Duff junkies and loser drug addicts. Brainsaber will join those two in saying how stupid and dumb Slash and Duff are.

Ali will be defending Axl's every move.

Rita, dangerous curves and a couple others will be bashing any user who says anything negative about Axl or what he did. All in the hopes that Axl will send them a PM.

I bet I'm pretty close with my predictions.

As for the actual issue here?

I really don't care. And am confused as to why so many people on this forum are more worked up about it than the actual members of the band. Weird.

Axl is a prick, is hard to work for, and pulled a prick move with the contract.

Slash and Duff were stupid to give up the name so easily. Was it because they were strung out? Or because they were tired of dealing with Axl's bullsh*t, so they said "f*ck it"? Probably a combination of both.

It was how many years ago? Why are "fans" now arguing and fighting about it?

Who cares. None of us were there, none of us know the real story.

Everybody actually involved has moved on. Shouldn't the fans as well?

Ha! Not bad at all.

And 'no-one cares' may turn out to be the only verifiable truth in all this. And that's like kryptonite to msl.

Groghan - do you lurk M's site on a daily basis? Feel free to join, it is less creepy!

Naw. I checked it out a couple of times and you know what I saw? Half the discussion involved his forum members talking about this forum!

I also don't like the way that MSL talks down to people that disagree with him. A year ago, he challenged those people to $15,000 ping pong matches or 100-yard dashes (with the money going in escrow). Today, he distorts what they say and then ends his posts by saying the person must be really unhappy in their real lives.

And then there is the whole trying to blackmail the band thing.

And somebody told me that he is actually working for Team Brazil as a pro-GnR spokesman. If that is the case, it sort of discounts 99% of his posts.

The guy is super intelligent and knows a ton about music and the entertainment industry. He just takes himself way too seriously and I don't like how he talks to people. Which is fine. Not everybody has to like everybody.

He just isn't really my cup of tea, so I don't care to help out his forum numbers. But I'm glad you like it there!!!

• Like 1

Groghan - do you lurk M's site on a daily basis? Feel free to join, it is less creepy!

Naw. I checked it out a couple of times and you know what I saw? Half the discussion involved his forum members talking about this forum!

I also don't like the way that MSL talks down to people that disagree with him. A year ago, he challenged those people to $15,000 ping pong matches or 100-yard dashes (with the money going in escrow). Today, he distorts what they say and then ends his posts by saying the person must be really unhappy in their real lives.

And somebody told me that he is actually working for Team Brazil as a pro-GnR spokesman. If that is the case, it sort of discounts 99% of his posts.

The guy is super intelligent and knows a ton about music and the entertainment industry. He just takes himself way too seriously and I don't like how he talks to people. Which is fine. Not everybody has to like everybody.

He just isn't really my cup of tea, so I don't care to help out his forum numbers. But I'm glad you like it there!!!

You should check out the non-GNR section of his forum.

He'd like to think he's super-intelligent. He claims to have 'savant syndrome'. Check out that one in the dsm.

In reality he's just a fairly ordinary narcissist. The treads on his site end up being about him rather than guns. So I kinda gave up going there.

Also I think his 'support' for Axl, which is just a vehicle for his own ego, will harm guns in the long run if he manages to worm his way in.

You should check out the non-GNR section of his forum.

To be honest, I hadn't done that yet.

But thanks for the suggestion. I will check give it a look.

HubbaBubba.....isn't that what all this boils down to? Who really cares? What does fans fighting about it really mean in the real world?

This issue was settled. The people involved have moved on. Why can't we?

It's just one more idiotic reason to flame the axl-vs-slash drama that so many fans are obsessed with.

Edited by Groghan

Answers they were, but bits of that interview were ill-advised.

To anyone outside Axl's group, doing an interview in 2011 blaming writers block on what steph said in 1992 looked crazy. You'd struggle to find readers outside the hardcore who even remember her.

The slash and duff blaming was more legit I guess, but it looked all the more bitter because they've both clearly moved on.

But that is what made bail from the interview. I think to a less rigorously obsessed person it was just part of the why it take so long, plus there was some stuff about "such a loss of time" related to business issues.

It was also tinged with pride, like they said I sucked but here I am playing a Residency with songs from CD I wrote and it's going to be dvd etc.

But yes, in that interview I'm fairly sure he's pretty positive about the band and a new record coming out "sooner" than 14 years later. But it could take about he same time, 2018 doesn't seem so far away. Axl just doesn't repeat stuff and things might changed. I'm just listening to ITW, Shackler's, Sorry, TIL and Catcher and thinking they knocked it out of the bowling alley. It's gone, way, way, way, back.

Edited by wasted

Without reading this entire mess, I'm going to go out on a limb and make a couple guesses at what has been said.

MSL is trying to drum up publicity for his website, and continues to be a spokesperson for Team Brazil. If anybody has questioned him or his motives, he has twisted around their posts to imply they are haters and they are unhappy in their real lives off of the forum.

Coma, Andre and one other guy, I can't remember his name off the top of my head, are really going overboard praising and defending MSL.

On the MSL board, many posters are talking about how bad mygnrforum is and are keeping track of everything that is being posted and then insulting this forum's posters.

Brainsaber is letting us know he takes a lot of delight and joy that Slash fans are irate, butt-hurt and angry about this topic. Slash fans will be discussing the matter civilly, the only people showing great emotion will be guys like Brainsaber. Who will be taking all this information very, very srsly. And saying things about people spending time on a forum of a band they don't like, ooops. Followed by saying how he laughs out loud at how angry Slash fans are.

Volcano and Wf*ckina (who both are actually pretty nice guys) will have several posts calling Slash and Duff junkies and loser drug addicts. Brainsaber will join those two in saying how stupid and dumb Slash and Duff are.

Ali will be defending Axl's every move.

Rita, dangerous curves and a couple others will be bashing any user who says anything negative about Axl or what he did. All in the hopes that Axl will send them a PM.

I bet I'm pretty close with my predictions.

As for the actual issue here?

I really don't care. And am confused as to why so many people on this forum are more worked up about it than the actual members of the band. Weird.

Axl is a prick, is hard to work for, and pulled a prick move with the contract.

Slash and Duff were stupid to give up the name so easily. Was it because they were strung out? Or because they were tired of dealing with Axl's bullsh*t, so they said "f*ck it"? Probably a combination of both.

It was how many years ago? Why are "fans" now arguing and fighting about it?

Who cares. None of us were there, none of us know the real story.

Everybody actually involved has moved on. Shouldn't the fans as well?

to put it in a nutshell, as ever the gnr fanbase is infested by pricks !!

sincerly,

your commander in chief

The name was always verbally owned by Axl and they were always ok with it. Axl wanted it written in contract to prevent any legal trouble with they're families in case slash or any other member died and they agreed with it.

It's that simple. The name only became an issue years later when they realized the mistake they made and wanted to get some more money.

• Like 1

The name was always verbally owned by Axl and they were always ok with it. Axl wanted it written in contract to prevent any legal trouble with they're families in case slash or any other member died and they agreed with it.

It's that simple. The name only became an issue years later when they realized the mistake they made and wanted to get some more money.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

No, there was a partnership. All of the original members were owners. Things begun to change the day Steven was fired. He was no longer a partner so they needed to rewrite who the partners were. Then in 1991 Izzy left, another change. He was no longer a partner. The final partnership was Axl, Slash and Duff. But we don´t have all the documents to see what was writen, when it was writen and when it was signed by the 3 of them. What MSL is showing is one paragraph of an Memorandum Of Agreement, not an entire Memorandum and not a final contract.

This! Right on!

Axl is an asshole and Slash and Duff are idiots, no matter how you slice it.

Beautifully stated.

There seems to be competing factions breathlessly trying to prove Axl is a misunderstood victim and Slash and Duff got duped. Its all nonsense. The above quote sums it all up.

A memorandum of understanding (MoU) is describing a bilateral or multilateral agreement between two or more parties. It expresses a convergence of will between the parties, indicating an intended common line of action. It is often used in cases where parties either do not imply a legal commitment or in situations where the parties cannot create a legally enforceable agreement. It is a more formal alternative to a gentlemen's agreement.

Whether or not a document constitutes a binding contract depends only on the presence or absence of well-defined legal elements in the text proper of the document (the so-called "four corners"). The required elements are: offer, consideration, intention (consensus ad idem), and acceptance. The specifics can differ slightly depending on whether the contract is for goods (falls under the Uniform Commercial Code [uCC]) or services (falls under the common law of the state).

Unless the date next to Slash and Duff's signatures were changed or fabricated, they still signed the MOA at a time when GN'R wasn't on tour.

Ali

I don't know who's the stupidest : GN'R past & present members or posters who choose sides without knowing shit and think that makes them smarter?

And they are all going to sort it all out. They are going to have a fresh new take that's just a game changer.