The Axl hacks: truth, or attempts to save face?

Guest NGOG

axlrose_496883.jpg

Axl, out of the blue, cancels the then upcoming shows in 2010. GNR then publicly refute the tweet as the work of a hacker.

Then there was the instance where 'Dexter', the account from which Axl conducted various chats in 2008, posted to claim there would be a new GNR record in 2012. While one of the then mods suggested he didn't see anything suspicious about the post, the post was later blamed again, on a hacker.

Do you think these's instances genuinely were the acts of a scammer, or the then unofficial Team Brazil attempting to save face publicly?

Edited by NGOG

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost certain those weren't hacks. Just a gut feeling I suppose. Probably just something he did out of the blue (like the new album announcement - he probably got excited and jumped the gun) and then were later deleted and blamed on a hacker to save face.

Son of a bitch, I was gonna make this topic. Anyway, obviously a pathetic damage control. I suspected when they did on the first time, but then again?

Looks like that's their basis excuse for when Axl does something without consulting Team Brazil aka annoucing a new album or cancelling a tour.

By the way, one of the mods - I don't remember if it was HV or Montrealer or anyone else - confirmed that Dexter's IP was from Central America on the incident: exactly where Axl was.

Edited by ManetsBR

A guy doesn't have to be bi-polar to say something and regret it. He just needs a few drinks.

That would explain a soppy tweet to Izzy, but not an abrupt tour cancellation. As I said, I would blame that more on Axl's impulsiveness to certain situations.

I'm sure if someone went to ticketmaster after the tweet was made they would not have got a refund, so they were never cancelled.

I doubt Axl is a person that would simply contact Ticketmaster to cancel a tour. I'm sure the promoters flooded GNR with concerned calls.

according to the emails that were stolen from beta and held hostage by MSL, axl would regularly go on a manic depressive whirlwind and attempt to quit or dissolve, but then beta would talk him off the ledge and keep the cash cow flowing.

Yes. On 2002 when he cancelled the tour, that's exactly what happened. He was about to check himself into a psychiatric hospital. Yet, people still bash you if you say Axl's is literally crazy and mentally disabled.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=8172

Edited by ManetsBR

Maybe Axl would love nothing more than to be spontaneous, in the true sense of the word, but ultimately isn't, and back tracks, all thanks to his disorder. When you want to control everything, but ultimately cannot, requires much thought, far too much thought to even consider being spontaneous. This probably leads to a lot of frustration on Axl's part, which probably goes some way to explaining his source of inspiration for the lyric's 'oh.. my frustration..'

according to the emails that were stolen from beta and held hostage by MSL, axl would regularly go on a manic depressive whirlwind and attempt to quit or dissolve, but then beta would talk him off the ledge and keep the cash cow flowing.

Yes. On 2002 when he cancelled the tour, that's exactly what happened. He even checked himself into a psychiatric hospital. Yet, people still bash you if you say Axl's is literally crazy and mentally disabled.

That's not what your article says. It says that "sources" claim he was "close to checking himself into a psychiatric clinic to deal with 'exhaustion' and a number of other emotional problems". Do you have a source that says he actually did check himself in?

Yes. On 2002 when he cancelled the tour, that's exactly what happened. He even checked himself into a psychiatric hospital. Yet, people still bash you if you say Axl's is literally crazy and mentally disabled.

what i don't get is how they act like accepting this false belief that axl is healthy and sane is an essential part of being a fan. and if you think axl's crazy, that it somehow means you can be a true fan. fuck no. the only reason i still even follow axl rose is BECAUSE he's crazy. that's what's fun about it. that's why he's uniquely fascinating, and despite all depressive quicksand of the chinese democracy years, he may yet still be capable of making something great. 'cuz he's crazy! there's literally no way to predict what that crazy guy's gonna do next. (to a certain extent anyways -- the older he gets, the farther certain windows close).

it's like if there was a singer or artist who, despite being born with mental retardation, went on to create some awesome, expressive art that revealed a lot about his experience or perspective. having downs syndrome wouldn't be something fans would have to be in denial about to enjoy his art -- it would be a crucial part of why and how the art exists and part of the fun and fascination of enjoying the work and following the artist's life.

crazy is axl. no need to convince yourself of anything else to enjoy his music.

Soul Monster, I misread that news and I will edit my post, thanks for pointing that out.

Still, I don't think it loses the strenght of this argument. It was reported that Axl has an own psychiatrist travelling with him to convince him every single night to go on stage and when that didn't work out he cancelled the whole tour, was close to check himself into a psychiatrist hospital - we'll hardlly ever know if ended up checking himself in or not - and was unseen for another 4 years.

Yeah, that's a normal's person behaviour.

what i don't get is how they act like accepting this false belief that axl is healthy and sane is an essential part of being a fan. and if you think axl's crazy, that it somehow means you can be a true fan. fuck no. the only reason i still even follow axl rose is BECAUSE he's crazy. that's what's fun about it. that's why he's uniquely fascinating, and despite all depressive quicksand of the chinese democracy years, he may yet still be capable of making something great. 'cuz he's crazy! there's literally no way to predict what that crazy guy's gonna do next. (to a certain extent anyways -- the older he gets, the farther certain windows close).

it's like if there was a singer or artist who, despite being born with mental retardation, went on to create some awesome, expressive art that revealed a lot about his experience or perspective. having downs syndrome wouldn't be something fans would have to be in denial about to enjoy his art -- it would be a crucial part of why and how the art exists and part of the fun and fascination of enjoying the work and following the artist's life.

crazy is axl. no need to convince yourself of anything else to enjoy his music.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity" - Oscar Levant.

I even wrote a big and well praised article on Axl's disease on Whiplash: http://whiplash.net/materias/news_829/175141-gunsnroses.html

It has 10 thousand views. I plan to translate it to English sometimes.

Edited by ManetsBR

Soul Mosnter, I misread that news and I will edit my post, thanks for pointing that out.

Still, I don't think it loses the strenght of this argument. It was reported that Axl has an own psychiatrist travelling with him to convince him every single night to go on stage and when that didn't work out he cancelled

Oh no, I wasn't trying to argue against your point, just pointing out that you might inadvertently be creating a lie that is prone to spread in the fan community.

As for Axl being crazy, I wouldn't make a fool of myself by claiming he is either sane or insane based on what little I know of him. We are all complex individuals and occasionally do things that may appear irrational to other people. The difference is that our quirks won't get biasedly blown up by the media.

here's one example of how i think axl's mental illness has manifested itself in awesome guns n' roses songs... sweet child o' mine starts out as a tender song about idealized, almost comically perfect, love, then abruptly changes. not only the music, which is obvious, but the lyrical theme too. suddenly, it's about loss and disillusionment. axl no doubt swung that hard in both directions multiple times -- over girls, bandmembers, business associates, etc... if he hadn't been bipolar, that song probably wouldn't exist. or at least not in that way.

Do effective meds explain the happier, more co-operative Axl of late?

Maybe the band finally has a manager who is looking out for Axl's health n' interests rather than trying to dupe the band into a reunion.

Who would that be? There was noone with the band in Canada except Team Brazil. And Axl wasn't as outgoing/happy/co-operative then as he is now.