Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My Charles Manson painting and letters on Hardcore Pawn Chicago

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Dariablue

Dariablue

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,576 posts
  • 24-October 08

Does it strike you as kind of funny that you are literally profiting from the murder of others? I'm not saying you are a bad person or anything, as someone is going to own the stuff and it is their right to sell it, but still, there's no question that the letters and painting would not be worth nearly as much were Manson not an infamous murderer. 

That's exactly why items such as Nazi memorabilia are not allowed to be sold.

I thought that was only in Germany though.

licksig.jpg

"There is no good guy, there is no bad guy, there is just Axl and Slash and they just disagree." - Marc Canter

"You're offended? Shut up. Everyone is awful."

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,917 posts
  • 01-October 11

Does it strike you as kind of funny that you are literally profiting from the murder of others? I'm not saying you are a bad person or anything, as someone is going to own the stuff and it is their right to sell it, but still, there's no question that the letters and painting would not be worth nearly as much were Manson not an infamous murderer. 

In the states too, although I don't believe it's law.  I have some authentic WWII memorabilia that was passed along in my family, I can't sell it even if I wanted to because it's Nazi stuff.  Ebay won't allow it to be sold on their website.

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

spunko12345

spunko12345

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts
  • 25-January 08

In the states too, although I don't believe it's law.  I have some authentic WWII memorabilia that was passed along in my family, I can't sell it even if I wanted to because it's Nazi stuff.  Ebay won't allow it to be sold on their website.

Lemmy from motörhead has tons of Nazi gear he collects the stuff for years and he lives in the states now. I don't think it's illegal to trade the stuff.
Jmapelian - i'll agree w/ the guy who said axl is bat-shit crazy

shutupandsing - And I'll agree with the first person that calls you a self-important little half-baked cunt cake.

sugaraylen

sugaraylen

I am a Gunner!

• Supporters
  • 25,359 posts
  • 14-February 10
I've got a red nazi shirt exactly like the one Sid Vicious used to wear, all red with a massive swastika bang in the middle. Actually i been saying that for years but i ain't seen it recently but i'm sure it's in the cupboard somewhere. Thats not really Nazi memorabilia though.

I always liked the leather jackets thats the ol' Luftwaffe wore but given the choice i'd go for the Allied one, the Schott A2.

ARSENAL TIL I DIE

Fearless N***** get slapped in Manhattan

For rappin'

Big Ghost steps off laughin'

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • 15,547 posts
  • 03-January 04

Yeah, I gotta say, the Nazis had some sweet leather jackets. Too bad they're Nazi jackets now.

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

sugaraylen

sugaraylen

I am a Gunner!

• Supporters
  • 25,359 posts
  • 14-February 10
Actualy, that design is actually quite common now and not really like...i mean nobody has any nazi associations with em anymore than many people wouldn't equate a Schott A2 with WW2 airmen on the Allied side. But yeah, sharp dressers them Nazi's, shame about the whole mass genocide bit, sort of overshadowed their satorial elegance somewhat :lol: Didn't Hugo Boss do their gear or something, remember reading that somewhere.

ARSENAL TIL I DIE

Fearless N***** get slapped in Manhattan

For rappin'

Big Ghost steps off laughin'

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,917 posts
  • 01-October 11

Lemmy from motörhead has tons of Nazi gear he collects the stuff for years and he lives in the states now. I don't think it's illegal to trade the stuff.

Yeah I knew he had a place in NYC, that's probably why he performed with Slash when I saw them at HOB Boston last year.  I didn't know he collected Nazi stuff though.

Sweersa

Sweersa

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • 04-July 08

cool, birk! isnt that in detroit though?

There are two different Hardcore Pawn shows.  The most popular (or original) longer running one is in Detroit, the newer one with the OP is in Chicago.

I like them both, the girl in the Chicago one is strangely cute too.
No...she isn't...at all.

Elyse-Cohen-Hardcore-Pawn-Chicago.jpg

You don't even find her slightly attractive?  I'd give her a 7/10 at best.

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,917 posts
  • 01-October 11

cool, birk! isnt that in detroit though?

There are two different Hardcore Pawn shows.  The most popular (or original) longer running one is in Detroit, the newer one with the OP is in Chicago.

I like them both, the girl in the Chicago one is strangely cute too.
No...she isn't...at all.

You don't even find her slightly attractive?  I'd give her a 7/10 at best.

I think you're looking at just one ... err, two things. 

I agree with AiO.

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,778 posts
  • 28-February 10

Yeah I knew he had a place in NYC, that's probably why he performed with Slash when I saw them at HOB Boston last year.  I didn't know he collected Nazi stuff though.

He has a lot of Nazi stuff and even some tanks. He showed them in the film /documentary about his life (49% motherfucker 51% son of a bitch). 

21km35y.jpg

No son ojos porque los ves. Son ojos porque te miran.

drtydane

drtydane

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts
  • 15-February 06
http://www.theonion....ique-naz,31172/
"Life is all about Guns n' Roses. Bittersweet like friends n' foeses. Some get left behind, some get chosen. Just like life, Guns n' Roses..."
Jay-Z Feat. Lenny Kravitz

Birk

Birk

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • 20-October 03

Sorry for the long delay lol, i never intended on selling the painting to them, an artist i know from Detroit did it for me, and he is working on a Gacy and Dahmer one also, i would of sold the letters, but i put a high price on them, i told them $2500 for everything, since it is a Pawn shop, but they were kind of freaked out about it, and basically wanted the items for the show, they said that they couldnt even make an offer on the items because customers could get offended if they seen that in the shop.  The chick Elyza or whatever is pretty short, so is the kid, he is even shorter.  And i cant get past her teeth always popping out, i didnt talk to her really..it was a fun experience, and my fiance loved it, cause she came with because she wanted to be on tv.   Dont forget this is a TV show, so they were like, "why are you marrying this guy" and all this stuff...it was fun, they were really cool...i actually framed the letter in a large frame a few days ago, and i may still sell them, "Manson letters FEATURED on hardcore pawn chicago" lol, i also think the "Love and Cult Terror" CD is awesome,  my band actually does a cover of CLANG BANG CLANG, its the last song here

http://www.reverbnat.../3012353#!/cat3

im the singer, i used to cover this song in like 96 lol....but yeah, if anyone is looking to purchase or trade some serial killer stuff hit me up lol...

The truth is the truth hurts, dont you agree

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • 15,547 posts
  • 03-January 04

Yeah that's the reason why. Nobody else but TV personalities would ever think the same.

Dont forget this is a TV show, so they were like, "why are you marrying this guy" and all this stuff.

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

Birk

Birk

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • 20-October 03

Yeah that's the reason why. Nobody else but TV personalities would ever think the same.

Dont forget this is a TV show, so they were like, "why are you marrying this guy" and all this stuff.

I kind of like that it offends people, because the less amount of people i have to deal with the better, people are fuckin morons

The truth is the truth hurts, dont you agree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users