I hate elitist Punk fans and people like Lenny.

Vincent Vega

Some of them seem so elitist and like everything to do with music has to do with fucking Marxist class conflict and a lot of punk rock fans just seem to have this smugness and arrogance about them, just this elitist attitude, and it's all about class conflict and 'realism' or whatever and knock any music that isn't all RAW and about the PUNK ATTITUDE and fucking nail Sid Vicious to the cross as some kind of god or worship The Germs....Punk Rock music itself was good but come on it wasn't the end all, be all of music ever. It was just good music that was made better by bands who took it and perfected by rolling Punk into other genres....But by and large the original punk bands themselves seem pretty just average...Just angry music with an edgy image.

Edited by Vincent Vega

Guest Len B'stard

Especially when they give their opinions on my Metalica thread, don't ask for em if you don't want em you spotty cunt :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Especially when they give their opinions on my Metalica thread, don't ask for em if you don't want em you spotty cunt :lol:

No just the whole fucking musical Marxist class conflict Sid Vicious worship bullshit.

Isn't your old lady meant to be on her last legs right now? And you've got nothing to do but get up my arse about a dead bass player?

God damn, every genre has its "Sid on the cross" and elitist assholes. Ever read some black metal boards? Trve kvlt shit man. You ramble about elitists, then post a picture of the band you consider elite in another genre.

Sid Vicious, Bob Marley, Jimmy Page, Euronymous, they're all poster boys for different kinds of "elitists", don't know why you get so hung up on punk fans man.

Edited by RickRoses

Punk fans are alright. I don't see how they're any more elitist than metal fans, honestly. :P

Most rock and metal fans just enjoy the music for the music, not for the sociological class conflict Marxian ideas that underlie it. Punk fans seem to feel some weird sense of superiority because their music is somehow more real for the lower class or some shit and tend to look down on Rock music as being music for less enlightened cave men or "suburban white kids."

Like if I listen to a Stones song or a Led Zep song I don't pick it to death and hate it because Mick Jagger went to the London School of Economics, and trash it as somehow being less "real" or raw or whatever the fuck shit Lenny says. A song doesn't need to have a point about how the Queen isn't a human being in order for it to be a legitimate expression of feelings.

Edited by Vincent Vega

Guest Len B'stard

Punk fans are alright. I don't see how they're any more elitist than metal fans, honestly. :P

Most rock and metal fans just enjoy the music for the music, not for the sociological class conflict Marxian ideas that underlie it. Punk fans seem to feel some weird sense of superiority because their music is somehow more real for the lower class or some shit and tend to look down on Rock music as being music for less enlightened cave men or "suburban white kids."

No Miser, thats just me feeling that i'm superior to you...which i am and even that ain't much of an achievement, Jimmy Saville was superior to you :lol:

No Miser, thats just me feeling that i'm superior to you...which i am and even that ain't much of an achievement, Jimmy Saville was superior to you :lol:

You're really not superior, though. Aren't you on a no fly list or some shit?

Like if I listen to a Stones song or a Led Zep song I don't pick it to death and hate it because Mick Jagger went to the London School of Economics, and trash it as somehow being less "real" or raw or whatever the fuck shit Lenny says. A song doesn't need to have a point about how the Queen isn't a human being in order for it to be a legitimate expression of feelings.

At least punk fans have a legitimate reason. Generalizing here, rock and metal fans think they're better than you solely because of music taste. And they praise AC/DC for being a fantastic band and complain about Nickelback for writing the same song over and over again. And they complain that today's music is just about sex and partying when in the meantime, their favorite band is Aerosmith.

I gotta hand it to punk fans. At least they're consistent. :lol:

Miser, most punk fans don't wear studded leather vests with foot-high green mohawks, people who like punk music dont always tattoo it on their forehead. I openly admit to liking everything from Cradle of Filth to Foxy Shazam to Dr Dre. I don't know why you feel the need to group everybody into one-dimensional categories, I mean you go on about Zep and the Stones, does that mean you're not gonna give Eminem a chance? Just because Punk might be someones thing doesn't mean they don't also kick back to Jazz, Techno, or anything else. "Elitists" aren't a punk thing. You're fighting an imaginary enemy.

Edited by RickRoses

At least punk fans have a legitimate reason. Generalizing here, rock and metal fans think they're better than you solely because of music taste. And they praise AC/DC for being a fantastic band and complain about Nickelback for writing the same song over and over again. And they complain that today's music is just about sex and partying when in the meantime, their favorite band is Aerosmith.

I've been pretty consistant. Most rock music today is actually fucking depressing watered down shit. And AC/DC is garbage and one of the most overrated bands ever in history except for a few songs off Back in Black. I don't think I am better than Punk fans, they enjoy what they enjoy, I just find the musical marxists of the lot, who try to tear down everything else, to be really fucking annoying.

He's a Paki 'n all! :lol:

*hides and grabs popcorn*

I've been pretty consistant. Most rock music today is actually fucking depressing watered down shit. And AC/DC is garbage and one of the most overrated bands ever in history except for a few songs off Back in Black. I don't think I am better than Punk fans, they enjoy what they enjoy, I just find the musical marxists of the lot, who try to tear down everything else, to be really fucking annoying.

That's why I said "generalizing here." Since you're generalizing punk fans, I'm generalizing rock fans and saying they can be an equally obnoxious group (and personally, I find them more annoying even though I'm among them). All fans have their share of twat buckets.

Guest Len B'stard

Allah u Akbar! :lol: yes i am miser, im cleverer than you, better looking and in a fight id beat you like a woman :lol: Edited by sugaraylen

Allah u Akbar! :lol: yes i am miser, im cleverer than you, better looking and in a fight id beat you like a woman :lol:

You're like black or some shit, so in terms of the looks department, you lose by default. Which is sad, because I'm a fat fuck who fucks a woman who looks like Elizabeth Taylor every night.

In a fight you probably would, because I've never been into fist fights.