Are There People Who Became GNR Fans Cuz of ChiDem?

ChristmasFnatic

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a casual fan of the old band. But once I heard DJ and BBF play the classic songs.............well, this new band just took all the classic songs to a different level. DJ simply owns Slash in every aspect of the guitar. This current band really does make the old band, who were full of drug addicts and alcoholics, look like grade A rank amatuers.

I'm super glad that the old band split up. Judging from the works of Slash and Duff's solo careers, one can only shudder at what a 1996 album would have sounded like from GnR. The mediocrity and chemical dependencies of Slash/Duff and Sorum would have drug Axl down to embarrassing levels. We are SERIOUSLY lucky as fans to NOT have any music from Axl from the 1993-through-1999 time frame. It all would have been horrible. Especially with the way Slash and Duff bullied poor Axl. They constantly enforced their will on him, causing him to be late to years worth of shows and turning him into an egomaniac prick. All because of they way those two abused him. MAKES me so angry.

Luckily Axl hired an excellent group of musicians to replace the old guys. And that band really created a masterpiece. Unfortunately, the majority of the music world was NOT intelligent enough to understand the complexities of Chinese Democracy. Also, the mainstream media are all biased against Axl Rose. And the label chose to screw Axl by ONLY spending 14 million dollars and waiting over a decade for Axl to finish it. Clearly Axl deserved an 19-million dollar budget and 15 years to complete it. The label was so stupid and biased against Axl.

So the album really never got the credit it deserves. Some people say that the songs just didn't excite people............but we all know that is false. People ONLY dislike the album because Slash is not on it, they are mad the old band broke up, and because they are jealous of Axl. Oh, and because they are too stupid to understand it. And it had no label support.

Luckily times two......Axl got rid of some of the dead weight from that second group. He got rid of the overrated Bucket and just terrible playing Robin, and replaced them with powerhouse BBF and DJ Ashba, who is probably the most talented guitar player on the planet. And not only is he a guitar playing mastermind, but he also designs and sells a top-notch clothing line called Ashba Swag. The man is just an all around legend, delighting us with stories of how much alcohol he can drink and how much ass he has kicked. This guy is pure Rock n Roll bad-ass. (If you don't believe me, just ask him - he'll tell you). Dj also sells cars. And was bullied as a kid. Axl also replaced the drummer.

Around the time that Axl put this true dream super group together, he also made a decision that lifted GnR to heights not yet acheived by any band in history (Or as Gary Busey likes to say, a place 10,000 miles higher than the top of heaven).

SOMEHOW Axl was lucky enough to win the career-lotto of having the most succesful and well known manager in the world choose to work with GnR. She also filled out the management team with her children, who are all no doubt extremely qualified for their positions.

Since snagging the super manager and her family, as well as securing the three latest members of his dream-team..............GnR has continue to rock the heck out of the songs created by the former bands. Playing them at a level that the former bands could only dream of. They have also set trends and reached goals that normal bands can only dream of..........playing for weddings, private shows for fashion designers, putting Axl's face on baseball trading cards along side Kip Winger and the girl from the Cherry Pie video. They have also released a killer concert video and a 3-D blue ray video, as well as several music videos from CD................but unfortunately, all the people out there who are in cahoots against Axl, have prevented those things from being released. Luckily though, being a paid member of the band's fan club has given me a chance to earn a one-size only tour t-shirt from last year, or a beach towel.

The band is excellent live and that is where I believe the majority of current fans have came from. DJ's hulk hogan poses and the way the current band plays all the former band's material...........it is all magical!!!!!!!!!! Again, the common rock fan just isn't sophisticated enough to enjoy the music, and that's why the band attendance numbers aren't that great. But to be honest, Axl could sell out 50,000 seat arenas in the US. He just chooses to play 3,000 seaters instead to give the fans a more personal experience. Slash plays small venues because that's all the tickets he can sell, Axl plays them because he wants to give fans their money's worth. Slash is such a media whore, with all his tweeting and playing the super bowl and winning a grammy and wearing his top hat on stage and releasing new music every couple of years!!!!! He could really learn a thing or two from DJ on how to promote your career without going overboard on the media whoring. Swag up baby!!!!!

We might not hear a new GnR album this year, and all the band members might be confused about when one might happen.......but that is all just part of the Beta and family master plan!!! Trust them, people. Their background in the music industry should calm all your fears and worries. They know what they are doing.

So to answer the question........yes, I'd say that the new band has drawn in millions of fans to the GnR fanbase.

I've been on the fence about this issue for a very long time.

But compelling posts by Warchild and Volcano have finally made me see the light.

To some people, GnR will always be Axl-Slash-Duff-Izzy............and those people are blind bitter ex-fan haters.

GnR is Beta-DJ-Axl. Deal with it.

groghan just made the post of the century. well done!

+1

My apologies. Thankfully you were able to point out my slipping off topic. I just LOVE the work that DJ and Beta have done with the new band that I get carried away sometimes.

So let me correct that sentence.

So to answer the question............yes, I'd say that the new band and CD has drawn millions of fans to the GnR fanbase.

So to answer the question........yes, I'd say that the new band has drawn in millions of fans to the GnR fanbase.

The question was if CD drew new fans, not the new band. Nice rant though.

I've been on the fence about this issue for a very long time.

But compelling posts by Warchild and Volcano have finally made me see the light.

To some people, GnR will always be Axl-Slash-Duff-Izzy............and those people are blind bitter ex-fan haters.

GnR is Beta-DJ-Axl. Deal with it.

groghan just made the post of the century. well done!

+1

My apologies. Thankfully you were able to point out my slipping off topic. I just LOVE the work that DJ and Beta have done with the new band that I get carried away sometimes.

So let me correct that sentence.

So to answer the question............yes, I'd say that the new band and CD has drawn millions of fans to the GnR fanbase.

>>

The question was if CD drew new fans, not the new band. Nice rant though.

Fuck the new band, what about CD on it's own?

You're forgiven, by the way.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Beta-DJ for life, bro!!!!!

How do other fans not see this?

This team has accomplished so much more than any other line-up, especially the overrated drug-addicted original group. Thank God that we have the new group to play all those old songs properly.

Can you imagine if this current band had been backing Axl in the mid-80's????? They might have sold 500,000 million albums!!!!

Now thats how you show you are a NuGuns fan!