How many people became a Guns fan because Slash quit?

iftheworld

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one was tired of his drunken inconsistent behavior on stage. I must be the only one. I'm not trolling. I seriously feel this way.

Yes, you are the only one.

Without Slash, GN'R wouldn't have had all the fame they did in the 80's/90's.

And without him, they haven't been that big since.

Drunken, inconsistent behavior? At least he had the common decency to not show up 2 or 3 hours late during the early 90's, unlike someone else. And didn't incite riots, or start fights. Or get in lawsuits. Or be bitterly angry for 20 years.

This. Fucken this.

I for one was tired of his drunken inconsistent behavior on stage. I must be the only one. I'm not trolling. I seriously feel this way.

Yes, you are the only one.

Without Slash, GN'R wouldn't have had all the fame they did in the 80's/90's.

And without him, they haven't been that big since.

I completely and utterly disagree. But I respect your opinion.

Yes and the totally sober and uber guitarist now are shredding up the worlld with thier own music as we speak. Well see how when its all over in the end (hopefully many years from now) who has been, and will be forever remembered for GNR's guitarist. No matter how you argue, deny or even make comparisons.... Slash has yet to have to make his bones playing a Dj Ashaba or a Bumblefoot song and yet those two as GNR hired guns ...have to play ummm what 90% of his to patch together a show...just saying. So cupcake away... if you like your rock and roll wearing pink panties...or chicken buckets or cat in the hat Sox.. have at it we all have our own fucked up tastes.

I honestly think that even Axl would tell you what you are saying is retarded. Noone became a fan because slash left. Axl would say that slash leaving turned everyone in the media and alot of old fans against Axl when it wasn't his fault, and slash is a liar, blah blah blah

The day Slash quit GN'R was the day I heard the future leak of 'Better Gone', which obviously hadn't been written or recorded at that point but I heard through a trustworthy source (MSL, while at Survivor Series '96). It totatlly blew my mind.

Seriously though, GN'R are a lot better off the way they are just now. I'm surprised there hasn't been shit loads of topics about how much of a great song-writer Paul Tobias is. It'd be a lot more beneficial to the board as a whole if there was a lot of Paul Tobias lovin'.

paul%20tobias05.jpg

I do. Slash is so ugly and he used to drink a lot of alcohol and did drugs and most probably he slept with a lot of women without loving and admiring them. Yeah, Buckethead changed my way of seein' Guns N' Roses. Just look at UYI tour and CD tour. How can u like Slash at all??!

Not bcos Slash quit but CD definitely has the ghost of past GNR. Its hard to listen and not think Axl is addressing the old band on certain tracks. Lyrically its about the struggle. Its defiance and denial all the way. Other than that there is a freshness from the new guitarists. By Spag Inc it was getting kind of predictable.

I wouldn't say I became a fan as a result of Slash leaving because I was a huge fan since the very late 80's.

HOWEVER I became a bigger fan of GNR when Axl surrounded himself with better guitar players like Buckethead and Robin.

And now with Bumble and DJ the band is so much more professional and respectable.