Smartphones

vulgar

Which is the best OS?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've got an Android, but I follow Blackberry closely for stock purposes and I think the Q10 will bring them back from the dead. It's all about the keyboard.

I should be getting my Q10 as soon as they come out. Z10 - nothing but problems.

Did you update your iPhone wirelessly or when it was plugged into your computer? I believe if you made it wirelessly that could be the problem. The update from Apple had a few glitches I believe. If I'm correct the only solution would be backing up all your music, apps, and other data on your computer and restoring your iPhone. I assume it isn't jailbroken correct?

Nope, do my updates via USB. I've tried the hard reset also, still no luck.

I believe the only alternative is to restore it. I'm not even sure if that will fix your phone. It almost seems like a hardware malfunction.

I'm an Android kinda guy myself.

That's why you're a big hooray for tolerance! :awesomeface:
>

>>iOS :shrugs: even though iTunes can sometimes be a pain in the ass

>
Especially the newest version. Can't even fucking search what's on my device anymore, only what's in my library.
Is it worth updating iTunes on my computer? I haven't taken the time to for a while... at least over a year since I've updated it.

@Powerage, you could speed your phone up (normally this works if you don't already do it) by doing this.

When on home screen, double click home button.

Hold down the first app until the minus sign comes up.

Get rid of all the apps.

You can do this whenever you want, I normally do it every time I put my device on sleep.

No, in the name of all that is holy - keep using an old version of iTunes.

THIS. I've got the old version of iTunes and have no problems. My partner has the latest version and he's constantly screaming at it because it's such a piece of shit. The only thing that Apple seem to have royally fucked up, unfortunately.

Did you update your iPhone wirelessly or when it was plugged into your computer? I believe if you made it wirelessly that could be the problem. The update from Apple had a few glitches I believe. If I'm correct the only solution would be backing up all your music, apps, and other data on your computer and restoring your iPhone. I assume it isn't jailbroken correct?

Nope, do my updates via USB. I've tried the hard reset also, still no luck.

I believe the only alternative is to restore it. I'm not even sure if that will fix your phone. It almost seems like a hardware malfunction.

Restore is what I meant by hard reset. I've literally done everything, and I still have the same problems. Besides, even if I fixed the lag issue, I'm still more concerned about the lack of push notifications and alerts for calls and texts.

I'm an Android kinda guy myself.

That's why you're a big hooray for tolerance! :awesomeface:
="3406890">>

>>iOS :shrugs: even though iTunes can sometimes be a pain in the ass

>ockquote> Especially the newest version. Can't even fucking search what's on my device anymore, only what's in my library.
Is it worth updating iTunes on my computer? I haven't taken the time to for a while... at least over a year since I've updated it.

@Powerage, you could speed your phone up (normally this works if you don't already do it) by doing this.

When on home screen, double click home button.

Hold down the first app until the minus sign comes up.

Get rid of all the apps.

You can do this whenever you want, I normally do it every time I put my device on sleep.

No, in the name of all that is holy - keep using an old version of iTunes.

THIS. I've got the old version of iTunes and have no problems. My partner has the latest version and he's constantly screaming at it because it's such a piece of shit. The only thing that Apple seem to have royally fucked up, unfortunately.

It's funny that they get the hardware so perfect every time (barring my current iPhone 5 :tongue2:), but they fuck up the one absolutely essential piece of software beyond comprehension.

EDIT: Whoa, quote got all fucked up. My response is in the last quote window for some reason :shrugs:

I have the current version of iTunes and have had no problems with it.

Yeah, me too. The only people I know that complain about the new iTunes are the ones that aren't great with technology anyway. I actually much prefer it, the design is amazing.

Edited by Deepest Shame

Blackberry - love ease of emails etc.

And particular reason why it's better than an iPhone in this day and age? Mine syncs just fine with my gmail and calendars etc.

Not saying it isn't - but I don't use gmail or calenders like that, I like having a physical qwerty keyboard, the actual style and the fact names/formatting actually come up okay is a big plus.

I have nothing against iPhones, but I just really like the interface and the way a BB works.

Bought a Nexus 4 a few months ago and it's pretty much perfection. Pure Android running Jelly Bean(4.2), the latest version of Google Now and to me a 4.7" screen is the ideal size. LG did an amazing job with the hardware, has such a premium feel with the design and back glass. Also, at $299 off contract, the value can't be touched.

http://www.google.com/nexus/4/

A no-brainer, truly, for any Android fan buying a new phone at this time.

Edited by Turn_It_Up

So I updated my apps over pc, and synced them a few days later. Same day I noticed 4 more updates so I did it quick while I had iPhone plugged in. I go to sync them, and it says computer needs to be authorized with iTunes. So I did it, and now apparently I have 2 computers authorized with that account (what the fuck?). The apps also got deleted from my device, but lucky I could still get them back on by dragging each on individually. Anyway, the point is, Apple needs to get its shit together.

• 1 month later...

I had a Blackberry for a year and absolutely hated it. The firmware actually crashed on me to the point where I couldn't even use it. It would constantly reset, give me a white screen with random errors, etc. An absolute piece of garbage. I'll never use another Blackberry ever again.

I've had my 4S for over two years now. Not a single problem since.

• 1 year later...

Annoucing the new iPhone 6 today.

I have the 4S and my contract is about up, so I could be a possible customer. The only problem is that my mobile plan sucks and I really want to lower it. I still consider my 4S a great phone (but in need of a battery upgrade). So the new iPhone 6 will really have to be something special for me to jump on board.

Anyone else going to follow the live event?

Starts in about an hour and can be watched here

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3, but lately it's been quite shit. It was great at first, but seemed to get shittier with each update it got, ironically.

Didn't know about this pure Android shit and whatnot and was thinking it was just the OS in general, but I guess a lot of it comes from the modified versions of the updates/OS that Samsung (and other manufactuers release). I had considered looking into the iPhone 6, but I think after some more research and finding out about the phones running pure Android, I might stick with Android and go with the new Moto X.

I've tried using Android and always get frustrated. I'm not a fan of widgets and screen clutter, and finding specific apps on my Dad's Galaxy 3 is often a chore (perhaps if I owned the phone finding stuff would be easier).

I'm not sure what else they can do with the smartphone that hasn't already been done at this point. The margins for innovation seem to get smaller and smaller.

The Sony Xperia Z3 has peaked my interest as well. At this point, it's between that and the Moto X for me. I've never been a big fan of the iOS in terms of anything really, aside from the fact that it seemed like it crashed a lot less than my Android OS. But after talking to someone who knows more about phones than I do, and learning about the pure android and whatnot, it makes sense as to why I seem to have a lot more issues with my droid than other droid users with different phones.

I've had a Galaxy Note 2 since January last year. Love it to pieces. I've dropped it about 10 times on hard surfaces to the point where it falls apart but there's hardly any visible damage after reassembling it, and I don't even use a case/screen protector. This thing's a fucking tank.

The only flaw I can think of is that the battery seems to die pretty quickly ever since I installed the most recent update.

Edited by bacardimayne