Appetite for Destruction or Use Your Illusion

seely

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A lot of hate for the UYI albums around here lately it seems.

So I pose the question, taken as a whole, would you argue that the UYI albums considered as one big album (which they basically are) is better than the mighty AFD?

I favour AFD over any individual album, but when UYI is taken as a whole I'm more inclined towards that.

Not an original thread but fuck it, i'm bored.

My favorite album from GNR is Use Your Illusion 1, only because i like the variety in it and the complexity of it.

however when i picture myself without It's so Easy (my favorite GNR song), Jungle, Brownstone, SCOM, Roquet Queen and My Michelle, it leds me to think that Use Your Illusion really isn't my favorite GNR album, and that would have to be Appetite for Destruction and maybe i'm just tired of it, because i heard it all the time.

So my vote goes for Appetite!

Edited by AndreCC

AFD is a piece of (rock) art and a timeless album and UYI is just a great album(s) - much less raw, 'pure' and angry than AFD. Too much influence already from Axl in some songs with that overdubbing crap, keyboards and synths that ultimately destroyed Gn'R a few years down the road...

So not really comparable imo.

Both great records. AFD is the perfect hard rock album and is the definitive GNR record. It's far more cohesive and has less filler. But I admire UYI for it's sheer scope and ambition. It's a more experimental and grandiose record. I haven't voted because I can't choose between the two.

The Illusion albums are the best in my honest opinion. I believe everyone in the band achieved their best levels, especialy Axl, whose voice is just out of this world. I really love Appetitte, but the Illusions took GnR to another level for me!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...