Beyonce vs Shakira vs Rihanna

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Beyone, Rihanna or Shakira?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They're all shit but Beyonce and Shakira are at least well fit. Rhianna looks like a fucking bulldog.

A bulldog? Really?
Maybe a staffy terrier but definitely a proper fucking dog.

Beyonce makes classics, Rihanna makes 6 week pop anthems.

That's funny, because I can't remember a six week period in the last ten years in which one of her songs wasn't a huge hit.

True.

And what classics has Beyonce made? To be honest, I can probably name more Rihanna songs than Beyonce (solo) songs.

That's funny, because I can't remember a six week period in the last ten years in which one of her songs wasn't a huge hit.

The last ten years? She released her first song in 2005 and only really became a big deal in 2007 with Umbrella. Jakey is right though, Rihanna's songs are catchy as of right now but she won't be young and hot forever. Once that leaves her then she won't have made any impact because that was all she ever was, a hot girl with catchy songs. Beyonce has a voice beyond her looks and the ability to create music that will resonate, she's beyond a level that Rihanna can't reach.

True.

And what classics has Beyonce made? To be honest, I can probably name more Rihanna songs than Beyonce (solo) songs.

Beyonce has made Crazy in Love, Single Ladies, Irreplaceable and Halo but still I agree. Rihanna has more recognisable songs but as I said, that's all she is, a hit machine (hold back on the CB jokes). Once that runs out, her music will becomes something that people look back on and regret liking because they're flavour of the month. Not to mention the fact that she releases a new album every November with the same purpose, to make hit songs. Beyonce's music isn't made with the sole purpose of getting hit songs.

Rihanna will never make a song with the lasting power and legendary status of songs like Crazy in Love and Single Ladies.

You two probably like her Diamonds song...

I just don't see the evidence behind that statement unless you have a time machine that can go ahead twenty or thirty years. I'm pretty sure my generation loves Rihanna, continues to love her singles year after year, and her songs are as likely to remembered as anything else from this time, for better or worse.

My generation loves Rihanna too but Beyonce more so, there's more to that assessment than their chart success. Rihanna may be able to get hit songs but when it comes to album sales, tour gross and general media attention; Beyonce wins. Beyonce has sold more than her when it comes to albums, is a much bigger touring force (which says more than what singles people know) and Beyonce doesn't even need to try and get media attention. People are so thirsty for anything from her that they'll pounce on the tiniest bit of news. There's also the small fact that the big corporations and companies prefer to get Beyonce to represent their products.

Meanwhile, Rihanna struggles to gain a headline with her pathetic whoring out of her on-again-off-again/will-they-won't-they relationship with Chris Brown.

Classics? What the hell are you talking about? Beyonce makes pseudo-retro black music-wannabe in desperate need of passing the image of a respected and critically-recognized artist which she is not. If I were a boy, Single Ladies and Halo are solid pop tracks that do not stand out from the everyday hits. Now tell me what the fuck is Diva?! That is one of the worst songs I have ever heard. It screams "treat me like I'm your modern day Whitney Houston, pleaseee!!!".

Beyonce thinks she's Miichelle Obama 2.0. That is sad. Rihanna on the other side makes hits that last 6 weeks and she knows it, she's not on that constant ego-boosting pursuit of critical acclaim Beyonce is ever since she married Jay-Z. Rihanna knows that the radios will play the fuck out of her songs to a point no one will stand listening to Diamonds two months from now. She's gonna get you a song that won't freakin' leave your mind during that period and that will serve for it's right purpose - for people to have fun. That is pop nowadays. That's what you gotta do when you're nothing but a good voice on a good looking body that got the attention of the big guys on the music industry and rely on outside writers to get you going. Rihanna knows her place. Beyonce doesn't. It's that overinflated ego of hers and her husband.

Classics? What the hell are you talking about? Beyonce makes pseudo-retro black music-wannabe in desperate need of passing the image of a respected and critically-recognized artist which she is not. If I were a boy, Single Ladies and Halo are solid pop tracks that do not stand out from the everyday hits. Now tell me what the fuck is Diva?! That is one of the worst songs I have ever heard. It screams "treat me like I'm your modern day Whitney Houston, pleaseee!!!".

Beyonce thinks she's Miichelle Obama 2.0. That is sad. Rihanna on the other side makes hits that last 6 weeks and she knows it, she's not on that constant ego-boosting pursuit of critical acclaim Beyonce is ever since she married Jay-Z. Rihanna knows that the radios will play the fuck out of her songs to a point no one will stand listening to Diamonds two months from now. She's gonna get you a song that won't freakin' leave your mind during that period and that will serve for it's right purpose - for people to have fun. That is pop nowadays. That's what you gotta do when you're nothing but a good voice on a good looking body that got the attention of the big guys on the music industry and rely on outside writers to get you going. Rihanna knows her place. Beyonce doesn't. It's that overinflated ego of hers and her husband.

I've yet to see proof that Beyonce is arrogant like some people are suggesting, confidence =/= cockiness and if you wanna get into cockiness, then Rihanna has that in abundance. Calling herself the "HBIC" and thinking that she's anything more than a toy that record executives will play with until they're done. Rihanna doesn't know shit about her music or how long it will last because she has nothing to do with it other than adding her out-of-tune vocals on to an instrumental. Not all pop is like that nowadays, you're mistaken.

What is Beyonce's place exactly? Because she isn't where Rihanna is, she's far above her. She's a fantastic performer, great singer, great dancer and at least TRIES to contribute to her music and the process of making it (beyond the vocals). It's funny that you bring up Diva because if you got the concept of the album that it was on, she was her persona "Sasha Fierce"; like how Marshall Mathers becomes Slim Shady or whatever. That persona is not representative of her wholly as an artist and definitely not her as a person; heck, not even her on stage is the same person off the stage. I'm sorry that you're not able to differentiate between them.

Beyonce's music may not be out of this world amazing but it sure as hell is of a higher standard than Rihanna's.

Edited by Deepest Shame

Beyonce likes to think she is the new Tina Turner. Rips her look off constantly.

But...

She aint no Tina Turner.

They'll probably all be replaced by younger, sexier, sluttier birds in 5 years time.

How does she think she's Tina? Simply saying something doesn't make it true.

• 1 year later...