What Axl NEEDS to do to become successful!

HORA_FITTA

I have been thinking long and hard about what Axl needs to do in order to become successful again, and I had an epiphany!

and I think the logical thing would be:

- do interviews where he answers HARD HITTING QUESTIONS, none of this sugar coated, nicely nicely -suck up bullshit like eddie trunk and jimmy kimmel or del james

- talk more with the fans, come here or go on paradise city or the like, and post and communicate with the fans and address any of their concerns the best way you can

- release some music videos of the cd songs

- streamline the entourage , get rid of 90% of the people there, really they aren't necessary

- release new music in 2013

ANY MORE IDEAS?

Not much he can do at this point. He's 51, his voice is gone, his reputation is shit, and his current band is pretty bad.

The best thing he could do to restore his reputation is reconcile with and reunite with Slash, but that wouldn't fix his voice or his age.

Edited by bacardimayne

I am sick and tired of the crap that the current band members are spitting out and using the gnr name to flog their crap!

if they are in the band, they should be completely devoted to GnR, and not waste time shovelling crap merchandise, swag or time in other bands. I would stipulate that in the contract and if they don't want to sign it, then I would tell Axl not to let the door hit their ass on the way out, If you are not devoted, you get demoted!!! EDIT*

I was watching gnr reviews on youtube, and I think this video is fitting, particularly the 5:00 mark onwards

Edited by HORA_FITTA

I am sick and tired of the crap that the current band members are spitting out and using the gnr name to flog their crap!

if they are in the band, they should be completely devoted to GnR, and not waste time shovelling crap merchandise, swag or time in other bands. I would stipulate that in the contract and if they don't want to sign it, then I would tell Axl not to let the door hit their ass on the way out, If you are not devoted, you get demoted!!! EDIT*

I was watching gnr reviews on youtube, and I think this video is fitting, particularly the 5:00 mark onwards

What can they possibly devote their time to if Axl isn't interested in making new music?

Hes tried with other managers but apparently most of them have told him to reunite the old band. Obviously he isn't going to do that which is why hes staying with current management. Hes also communicated with fans on forums too and answered a lot of questions. Really all he can do is start releasing more music. There would have been some finished songs that didn't make it to Chinese Democracy, so why not put some of those for sale on iTunes or something? Were off to a decent start with the upcoming live in Las Vegas DVD though.

What can they possibly devote their time to if Axl isn't interested in making new music?

Oh, I dont know let me think... why dont they just get together in a studio for a few months as a BAND (minus Axl) and come up with some decent fucking song ideas? Doesn't that sound logical? you know, this is what bands do, I didn't realize I had to state the obvious

And furthermore ,I would ban the members from speaking out in public media filmed events, where they are representing GnR.the first one on the list would be bumblefoot, just watch this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4ThHLxt7oI think actually banning him from filmed events is a bit excessive, however I would probably have to severely reduce the amount of exposure they receive otherwise it would be detrimental to GnR's image of being a bad ass, and not a laughing stock

A/ Release the Democracy outakes as a double cd immediately.

B/ Get a vocal coach and start turning up to soundchecks.

C/ Do a short tour of CD2 then enter the studio and start making another album.

D/ Do interviews and music videos like normal artisits

E/ Sack all of the dicksuckers, del james, jarmo, lebeis family

F/ Apologise to Slash

G/ Sort out the fan club

Then Axl would have solved everything.

I don't think Axl is really interested in becoming more succesful. He is already a living legend. I don't think he's missing the times when everyone was talking about him and he had no privacy whatsovever. I believe all he's really interested in is staying as succesfull as he is now.

He knows that when he's dead, all the badmouthing will end and he's gonna be remebered for the things that he achieved. So contrary to what many people here think, I believe he is interested in making new music. But he wants to make great music and that takes time. He is probably trying to come up with melodies and lyrics all the time, but sometimes inspiration takes time. And he wants to be satisfied with the lyrics before he's ready to ask someone to write the guitar parts.

Well obviosly I don't know anything for a fact, but that's the way I see it.

He takes time? Whole bands have had their entire career in the time it has taken Axl to release records!! The Beatles released their whole discography in a far shorter period than the time it took Axl to follow up Illusion.

He takes time? Whole bands have had their entire career in the time it has taken Axl to release records!! The Beatles released their whole discography in a far shorter period than the time it took Axl to follow up Illusion.

Axl has written many records worth of material since Illusions. He could probably release a new album any day he wanted. The problem is that he probably wants the next album to have at least a couple of songs that are written entirely by the members of current GNR. And he probably wants those songs to be good enough to be singles.

Not much he can do at this point. He's 51, his voice is gone, his reputation is shit, and his current band is pretty bad.

The best thing he could do to restore his reputation is reconcile with and reunite with Slash, but that wouldn't fix his voice or his age.

Or what about the alternative? He's 51, he can still sing pretty well, his reputation is better than it has been in recent years, and his current band is pretty damn good and getting better every tour.

he needs to get rid of the jarmos and lebeis family of the world and focus on doing the one thing he does best, making kick ass music!

Axl considers Beta his mother so getting rid of her for music related issues is kinda off the table.

Hire Slash.

LOL, as if AL style riffs are going to inspire Axl to write anything.