What Axl NEEDS to do to become successful!

HORA_FITTA

Even a casual fan would know he's highly successful. At his peak, he couldn't be touched as king of the entertainment world. Sold out stadiums, supermodels, excess to the infinite degree, millions in thr bank, and a sick house in malibu. We all dream of a day like that, hes lived it. Has he fallen, yes, but everyone does. Most should know he could care less what outsiders think.

He will release another album and retire, both on his terms...

What the most successful member that has ever been in GN'R has to do to be successful? Since he obviously knows far better than any of his former bandmates how to be sucessful, I'm absolutely positive that he can learn something from a group of barely above minimum wage making forum dwellers. Go team MyGNR!

What the most successful member that has ever been in GN'R has to do to be successful? Since he obviously knows far better than any of his former bandmates how to be sucessful, I'm absolutely positive that he can learn something from a group of barely above minimum wage making forum dwellers. Go team MyGNR!

ha ha ha ha . Best post on here!

I have been thinking long and hard about what Axl needs to do in order to become successful again, and I had an epiphany! and I think the logical thing would be: - do interviews where he answers HARD HITTING QUESTIONS, none of this sugar coated, nicely nicely -suck up bullshit like eddie trunk and jimmy kimmel or del james - talk more with the fans, come here or go on paradise city or the like, and post and communicate with the fans and address any of their concerns the best way you can - release some music videos of the cd songs - streamline the entourage , get rid of 90% of the people there, really they aren't necessary - release new music in 2013 ANY MORE IDEAS?

The way he does interviews gets more attention than if he routinely did them.

Some people would've been happy to have one great album out. I mean, the guy who came up with "Monster Mash" always had money coming in from it, the guy who came up with the Chipmunks built a whole thing out of a novelty song.

If I ran a record company and he was one of my artists, he'd be obligated to work on music for me, but he doesn't. Artists always butt heads with business people, a few can balance both, but usually not that great at it.

I think one of the hardest roads for anyone to go on is a full time career as a musician. Even those that become teachers and professors, arts can be really tough to make a living in, it's also the first to get budget cuts.

I think the down side of a major label is when someone just thinks of the money aspect and not about the art and ownership aspect. A painter who does work for commission doesn't own their work.Michelangelo didn't own the Sistine Chapel, he was just an artist for hire.

It's great when an artist is on his rise to fame, accomplishes something that gets him success, but to try to follow it up because they're under contract? That shit can make people go crazy.

Depends on the definition. To make money doing what you love touring around the world? Keep doing what he's doing.

If success is making the most money possible or being in the public eye, call Slash.

Axl doesn't seem to measure his success by how much money he makes or even how relevant he is musicaly. If he did, the guitar player with the top hat and les Paul would have curly black hair.

Still clearly all he does he does it for money. Otherwise he wouldn't be touring a greatest hits tour now for so many years. He also doesn't give a shit for the fans, keeps them in the dark and blames it all on Slash and other people.

NEWS FLASH:

Axl is famous and successful.

VERY SUCCESSFUL

New fans are following every day.

Top Billboard #65 this week and has been in top 105, 96, 125 respectively the previous weeks better than new BonJovi and Stone Sours album.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200?page=3

Headlining Concerts

LOL....are you really using the chart position of their Greatest Hits album as a measuring stick of the current band? You do realize that album has zero songs on it that were created by the current band, right?

But if that is really what you are laying your hat on, did you actually look at that chart? Just looking at Greatest Hits albums, GnR currently sits behind TWO George Jones albums, Alan Jackson, Kelly Clarkston, Journey and Bob Seger.

And because GnR's greatest hits album is ahead of two regular albums put out by two other bands (BJ and SS) that means they are succesful today? Did you see who else was a head of GnR on this chart? Ed Sheerow, Hunter Hayes, Frank Turner, Jonathan Nelson, Phil Phililps, ONE Direction and Jason Aldean. And Luke Bryan has two albums ahead of GnR. Who are these bands? I have no idea.

The way you people try and blow up everything that GnR does is just hilarious. Why not just face the facts and deal with what the rest of the music world already knows?

In terms of success, GnR is a shell of its former self. In terms of album sales, the music charts, and critical acclaim. And also in terms of releasing music for their fans to enjoy.

Axl has turned GnR into a touring band. He has put together an accomplished group of musicians, that cover the old band's songs quite well. Axl has been hit or miss himself, but for the most part he has performed pretty well over the past few years. The band puts on a good show, performs the old songs well, start the shows on time now, and for the most part give people their moneys worth.

GnR hasn't reached greater success simply because of Axl Rose. And Beta, I suppose.

If Axl wanted to get in top shape and took his performing seriously and put forth 100% effort............and he released new music every few years...........then GnR could rejoin the ranks of being a top 10 rock band in the world. IMO, they could reach that height very easily.

But the man seems content to just tour the world, have fun playing the old hits, fatten his bank account......and just glide into retirement. Which is his 100% right to do. It is his life, his career and he can do whatever he wants!!!!!!!!!!!! As a 25 year fan of the singer, though, it would be amazing if he decided that he still wanted to achieve more in the rock world/his career. Especially regarding creating new music - and sharing that experience with his MILLIONS of fans, who would LOVE it.

Depends on the definition. To make money doing what you love touring around the world? Keep doing what he's doing.

If success is making the most money possible or being in the public eye, call Slash.

Axl doesn't seem to measure his success by how much money he makes or even how relevant he is musicaly. If he did, the guitar player with the top hat and les Paul would have curly black hair.

He does, just not on his head :shock: