Fortus confirms many songs for the new GNR album are already finished

ManetsBR

so 2014 it is then ? The Red Panda is coming !

I'm still sticking to 2015-2016. One can hardly overestimate the amount of problems that will arise when GN'R attempts to release anything. IN either way it is really cool to see Richard being so adamant about the band's intention to release more music. Good news for all of us who wants more music.

Edited by SoulMonster

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumblefoot doesn't seem too comfortable with the idea of releasing Chinese leftovers.

That's true. I would think many members would prefer making new songs with the current lineup rather than releasing music they only had a minor hand in writing.

How long until another member comes out and says something contradictory?

The only one who has really said something that might be interpreted as contradictory, is Bumblefoot, which has made me wonder if he is out of the loop in regards to the next record.

The only one who has really said something that might be interpreted as contradictory, is Bumblefoot, which has made me wonder if he is out of the loop in regards to the next record.

Nice conclusion. One could also say that it's bullshit from the others.(like before)

The only one with a clue as to when it might be released is Axl. That's been obvious for a long time. I doubt that it's changed.

"Hair's breath."

Bumblefoot doesn't seem too comfortable with the idea of releasing Chinese leftovers.

Ron wants writing credits, period. Of course he isn't gung Ho about releasing something else.

Then he better get busy creating something better than Glad to be here.

Nice conclusion. One could also say that it's bullshit from the others.(like before)

Oh absolutely. But the laws of parsimony would suggest we should trust the majority.

Nice conclusion. One could also say that it's bullshit from the others.(like before) The only one with a clue as to when it might be released is Axl. That's been obvious for a long time. I doubt that it's changed. "Hair's breath."

Ron wants writing credits, period. Of course he isn't gung Ho about releasing something else.

Then he better get busy creating something better than Glad to be here.

Agree with you there.

Well we have known for ages that there are tons of songs ready to be put on an album

The issue isn't with the genesis of the material, the issue is actually putting it out there for the world to hear. And in that regard I have serious doubts that even in 2014 there will be an album release

I think Axl left the follow up to ChiDem 75 percent finished. He probably has enough releasable music right now, but I think with music sales going up, he'll start focusing on the studio again.

I don't blame him for not being enthusiastic to do it.

What it often sounds like to me is that these news outlets (not incidentally, they are often foreign sources translated to English) pick up the same vague generalities we already know -- for instance, that more songs than just those on ChiDem have been recorded before -- and try to kinda twist them to suit an attention-grabbing headline. Nothing in this substantially indicates that Richard said a proper album has been recorded, or that it will be released next year. They're almost putting words into his mouth. It seems like he just gave the same answer we've been hearing since 1999, which is that more than just the dozen or so tracks from ChiDem have been recorded, and may one day be released.

Nothing to get excited about, unfortunately.

Whether they are recent contributions or not it baffles me that some people think there are no songs, Axl will not set himself up for promises he can't keep again. As for Bumble who i respect alot, it seems he's saying certain things (or not) to keep the ball rolling and not cause friction behind the scenes. I have a gut feeling that alot goes on we never hear about.

Well we have known for ages that there are tons of songs ready to be put on an album

Some people even disputed that..

Just saying.

Yeah, some of the band members have said there really isn't much ready to be released, just songs in various states of completion and that further work is necessary before a record can be released.

I don't trust the hired hands.

Then you can't trust Bumblefoot, either.

So? What exactly would be the motive for him lying? I consider the sources, unlike some. Unless you want to label him as disgruntled, I see no reason to dismiss his statements as lies. As for the others, do we need graphs and shit to explain what their motives would be for the excessive hype-fests?

I don't trust the hired hands.

Then you can't trust Bumblefoot, either.

So? What exactly would be the motive for him lying?

I was just pointing out that if you don't trust anyone in the band except Axl, then you are left in a position where you can't trust Bumblefoot, either.

Personally I don't think anyone is lying. When Bumblefoot says they haven't worked "as a band" on new music, then I believe that is the truth. When Richard says they have been tossing ideas back and forth, then that is also the truth. When Dizzy says they have worked on new songs, that is also the truth. And when Tommy says more work needs to be done on the leftover material, then that is also the truth. People make it seems like there are so many contradictory statements here, but I don't see that. What is contradictory is people's interpretations and paraphrasing of what the band members have said, not what they actually have said. And hence, I don't need to try to figure out who is lying because I don't think anyone really is.

And then you have different personalities among the band members that sort of mold what they say. Dj is the positive guy who wants to sell the new record already, so he will come across as more optimistic than the other guys. Richard might be a bit naive when it comes to release date, but that is just his personal belief. Bumblefoot is more of a curmudgeon who will express things a bit more negatively. But again, there isn't really anything contradictory as far as I see it.

They have old material in various states of completion and individual band members have new songs that they have started to toss back and forth. Unfortunately, no one has said Axl has been involved in these new songs, and us old-timers know what that means in terms of the amount of work and time needed for a new record of new material to be ready for release.

Edited by SoulMonster

Do you people see a problem with Axl or one of the Brazil group putting out an official statement to the fans, just letting them know where things stand with the new album?

What/when are you plans for releasing the next album

How much of the new album will be CD leftovers

How much of the new album is complete

Is there a problem with the label, is that why it's taking so long

How many albums do you still owe the label

Status of DVD releases?

Whatever happened to the rumored remix album

A two-paragraph response to those questions - even if the answers aren't specific, but just touching on them (example - don't have to say they are releasing an album on Nov 17th. But could say something like "the plan is to try and release an album in 2014, hopefully by summer time."

Just a quick answer to those questions would go a LONG way for Axl's millions of fans.

YES I know he doesn't owe us anything, And we need to live our lives, etc, etc, etc.

But keeping your fans in the loop about the band's music plans is a pretty normal thing that every other bands do. Would be cool if Axl and the Brazil Group felt the same way!!!!

Fortus has more credibility to me than Ashba. We might see something in 2014 or 2015.

Groghan is right though, the secrecy surrounding everything the band does has grown tiresome. We know that even the band members are out of the loop as to plans; they don't even know about some of their concert dates until days before they happen. Some more letters or statements from Axl would be very welcome news.

Edited by Flayer

Fortus has more credibility to me than Ashba. We might see something in 2014 or 2015.

Groghan is right though, the secrecy surrounding everything the band does has grown tiresome. We know that even the band members are out of the loop as to plans; they don't even know about some of their concert dates until days before they happen. Some more letters or statements from Axl would be very welcome news.

Why do you think they operate in such secrecy?

At the end of the day, this is just a rock band we are talking about. The band talking about songs or release dates aren't going to cost people lives or start wars.

Most bands seem excited when talking about future songs - why are they so secretive in the GnR camp?

Why do you think they operate in such secrecy?

At the end of the day, this is just a rock band we are talking about. The band talking about songs or release dates aren't going to cost people lives or start wars.

Most bands seem excited when talking about future songs - why are they so secretive in the GnR camp?

I believe it's because they're scared to commit to anything. With Axl's track record of having no capability to stick to a schedule whatsoever, it's probably smarter for them to stay quiet. Even though it pisses us off, we'd probably react worse if a bunch of promised dates came and went. It is pretty ridiculous that Axl's mommy can't get him on track though, it was the only reason I used to have optimism over her forcing her way into management. :shrugs: