kendrick lamar : is he the best rapper alive ?

pepsicoca

Kendrick has bullshit college boy content that makes it kinda boring. Fantastic just to admire the skill set though, that alone makes him cool.

On his features, sure (and that's not even a rule anyways), but gotta disagree about the college stuff when it comes to either of his albums or the singles that are out from the new one. Even Backseat Freestyle, the song you could most obviously say that about, is a relevant part of the overall story of GKMC.

Edited by Mansin Humanity

Len was getting at his usual complaint about Kendrick, which is that he's a noncey poff because of the song "The Art of Peer Pressure".

Shut the fuck up.

On his features, sure (and that's not even a rule anyways), but gotta disagree about the college stuff when it comes to either of his albums or the singles that are out from the new one. Even Backseat Freestyle, the song you could most obviously say that about, is a relevant part of the overall story of GKMC.

He's like an old young man, a geography teacher, it's like getting rapped at by Samuel L Jacksons character out of the movie One Eight Seven, it's really dull and opinionless by way of presenting as many positions as it possibly can and firmly committing to neither. It's a great way to sound clever by getting a lot of shit out but committing nowhere. But have everybody going 'ooooh, he's deep' cuz you mentioned Malcolm X or something.

There's something so boojie about it. Something so cum-ba-yah. 'it's fucked up out here...but y'know, we should look at ourselves too', how fuckin' beige is that? It's a wilfully non-commital debate team approach to writing so you can get on the weighty topics and commit to nothing. It's almost politically correct in an odd way, yes, thats exactly what it is actually, politically correct rap, designed to please everyone and make Kendrick look thoughtful. Why would I want to listen to that?

'Black Hippy', that shit used to be an insult for good reason folks :lol: Putting Malcolm X on that video beginning is a fuckin' insult. Tupac too, with gay ass Dre producing over it, yeah, he'd've been all for that. I'd buy his albums though.

Having said that i think he rhymes fantastic and these criticisms only express why he's not someone i would stand behind, i think his rhymes are fantastic and he has some great songs too.

Edited by Len B'stard

around 2006 until 2008, lil wayne was the best

Yep and Soulja Boy is a lyrical genius.

Lil Wayne's last decent album was Tha Carter II, even then I wouldn't consider him the best rapper alive.

Hahahaha. I think lil Wayne is the most over-rated rapper of all time. He has some ok word play and metaphors, but his flow is boring and voice is annoying as fuck.

around 2006 until 2008, lil wayne was the best

No

He was probably the biggest/most hyped rapper during that time -- I remember when Carter III dropped it shattered sales records and you couldn't go anywhere without hearing Lil' Wayne's name or Lollipop on the radio. However, he was not the greatest rapper alive, despite his proclamations, and frankly, he's fallen so far so swiftly, that now it's painful to even consider he used to have such talent. I mean he is literally one of the laziest, worst rappers out there right now; the Sizzurp fried his brain.