I hate pedalboards

You know why?

I've got nine pedals. Sure, it's not the biggest one out there, but somewhere I've got a short. This means I'm now either just going to have to suck it up and replace all the small connecting cables (to be fair, most of the ones I've got are the cheapest I could get) or switch out one at a time to find out which cable has the short.

Being a guitarist is tough sometimes. Let's use this thread to bitch about gear issues!

Not fond of pedals either....but that's probably because I'm more of an effect guy than a "tone" guy, being in an electro band and all...

This is why I like Line 6 and Axe-Fx gear more than "actual" gear, because it allows me to switch from a "neutral" sound to a completely overridden digital one in a single foot tap.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

What's wrong with the pick-up?

I hate hooking them all up did you check into this? : http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-POD-HD500-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Processor-106089741-i1540622.gc

satrani came out with one several years ago I wanted to get ( if I'm not mistaken )

See I'm not really a multi effects kind of guy. I'm right into stomp boxes, though I've heard amazing things about the POD. At this stage I've spent so much on the board and pedals and with little resale value it wouldn't be worth it to sell/trade into getting a multi effects unit.. I'm happy with my tone and set up, but damn, after spending so much time getting all the pedals neat and the cables tied this is going to be a pain in the ass. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so my pedalboard is a total bitch: I bought that philosopher's tone 2 years ago, but I wasn't able to use it until march 2013. Why? Because it is a piece of fucking shit! That's why. After receiving the PS all my pedals stopped working. I lost an entire looking for a reason.

The reason? I don't know! There was nothing with it, I was told! And then after all that bullshit it started working again just like that. That fucking thing has self consciousness. Period.

At least it's working now... for now...

BTW, I have 7 pedals so far.

Edited by Chewbacca

I finally diagnosed the problem. It wasn't a cable. My MXR Noise Gate went for a shit out of nowhere. It was working totally fine until the day I made this thread, assuming I had a bad connection somewhere.

What happens is it doesn't filter probably, so even if it detects signal it won't always turn itself "off" if that makes sense, so my strongest signal warbles in and out. Turn off the pedal and everything is fine. Only problem I've ever had from an MXR/Dunlop product. I generally swear by MXR.

I think it's still under warranty so I'm going to take it into my local shop tomorrow or Friday. Might just trade it for another pedal anyways. My rig isn't that noisy.