Better appreciation thread

TombRaider

I think Better is, hands down, the best song on Chinese Democracy. Maybe the chorus could've been a little bit better, but still, it's a great song. Great melody, there's a solo there I really like and I like Axl's performance on it. I also think it's the best single from Chinese Democracy.

Anyone else loves it too?

While we're appreciating Better, I love how it sounds like two songs in one. I love songs that change it up half way through (a very Sabbath thing to do). You have the first two brilliant verses and choruses, then at 2.25 that great riff starts and Axl screams "I never wanted you to be so full of anger".... fucking epic stuff right there!!!

The intro riff is cool but had they made it less complicated, I think this could've been a decent follow up single to CD. As it is, that part seems to divide a lot of people on the song as I do like to hear more from that 'other song' it contains.

I think Better is, hands down, the best song on Chinese Democracy. Maybe the chorus could've been a little bit better, but still, it's a great song. Great melody, there's a solo there I really like and I like Axl's performance on it. I also think it's the best single from Chinese Democracy.

Anyone else loves it too?

This was the first leaked CD song that i heard, i kinda think it would be a big hit...

My former favorite track from CD

Edited by Crash Diet

Better kicks ass. I love it and think that it is quintessential Axl getting the emotion out. He does that so well and is one of the main reasons why I've loved him all these years.

In fact I'm going to listen to it right now...........

I have total mixed views towards Better..

It is better than the not so great tracks: Sorry, Shacklers, IRS, Chinese Democracy..

..but not as good as say The Blues, Madagascar.

Better was always the most interesting leak, as the leak was short and sounded interesting. Then over time, I grew to dislike Better to the point where the only bit I like about the song is Robin Finck's solo, which no onc else can play live..

Edited by vaida