Josh Freese Talks About GN'R/ChiDem

mcmurray

JOSH FREESE IS A HOMO! ...the real fans will know the origin of that.... btw, thanks for the transcript Soulmonster. Your site is always a go-to for me when I need to look up fact-checked GNR related info. No trolling or that bullshit, just straight up facts.

Ha!

Thanks SM, appreciated!

We need a mygnr podcast to get interviews and charge expenses to.

Oh hell yeah

Josh freeze said after working on slashs album a few years ago, he heard that it "bummed Axl out"

Jesus H. Christ Axl needs help.

So weird. People that know Axl say he can't get past old grudges....but people on this forum say that he is happy, healthy and has moved on from the past!!!!

Great interview though. Nice to hear from people who have worked with GnR and that can speak freely about their experience.

this interview hasn't a lot of substance, it's quite high on the dorkmeter, it's just a couple of silly anecdotes about buckethead and walt disney... i fail to see how gnr would have something to do with that kind of stuff...

Probably because it was 10 years ago. He is pretty much a session drummer I think. I doubt he would turn down work because of loyalty to a bygone project. Even Bach flits between Axl and old Guns members and he is supposedly a good friend of Axl's.

Axl offered Freese a great opportunity that was in large part responsible for the launch of his career. I would say with a certain degree of certainty that he understood the emotional place Axl had been in motivating Chinese Democracy. I do not find it surprising therefore that Axl was 'bummed out' by Freese playing with Slash.

And it's specifically Slash by the way. Bach only collaborates with old GNR elements that have either found a degree of reconciliation or are frankly irrelevant (Matt Sorum).

923286_499993776716323_137673140_n.jpg

Sorry, you were saying...

Edited by downzy

Probably because it was 10 years ago. He is pretty much a session drummer I think. I doubt he would turn down work because of loyalty to a bygone project. Even Bach flits between Axl and old Guns members and he is supposedly a good friend of Axl's.

Axl offered Freese a great opportunity that was in large part responsible for the launch of his career. I would say with a certain degree of certainty that he understood the emotional place Axl had been in motivating Chinese Democracy. I do not find it surprising therefore that Axl was 'bummed out' by Freese playing with Slash.

And it's specifically Slash by the way. Bach only collaborates with old GNR elements that have either found a degree of reconciliation or are frankly irrelevant (Matt Sorum).

it's so easy.

this interview hasn't a lot of substance, it's quite high on the dorkmeter, it's just a couple of silly anecdotes about buckethead and walt disney... i fail to see how gnr would have something to do with that kind of stuff...

If you fail to see the connection then you need to study up on your new GNR history.

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=mattsorum

@myleskennedy is replacing @sebastianbach in Africa thank you we will rock it

Nobody can deny Freese's ability as a drummer but he is also a careerist drummer that lacks loyalty. It's difficult to fathom how he could enter a project like Chinese Democracy for a year, understand the politics behind it, and yet work with Slash ten years down the line.

I think it is absurd that Freese should somehow pass up an opportunity to work with Slash 10 years down the road. Why should everyone be pulled into Axl's petty feud? It's not his fight or grudge. Especially ten years after the fact....

Nobody can deny Freese's ability as a drummer but he is also a careerist drummer that lacks loyalty. It's difficult to fathom how he could enter a project like Chinese Democracy for a year, understand the politics behind it, and yet work with Slash ten years down the line.

If anything Josh is loyal to the thing that matters most: music. He is loyal to music so much that him playing with other people transcends silly 10 year grudges that he was not even personally involved in...

If anything Josh is loyal to the thing that matters most: music. He is loyal to music so much that him playing with other people transcends silly 10 year grudges that he was not even personally involved in...

Get it right people: Slash wanted and hired Josh Freese

So just like Slash refused to help Axl with CD ... just like Slash tried to show up to those Vegas gigs ... just like Slash showed up drunk to Axl's house begging for his old job back when he was still running his VR outfit with Scott Weiland ... just like Slash would always be claiming to know when CD was to be released ... just like Slash with the Guitar Hero controversy ... just like Slash bashed Axl for wanting to be alternative rock like Pearl Jam but yet Slash has hired more alternative rock musicians for his bands than Axl has ...

Slash went out and hired Josh Freese.

You tell me who is the one still bitter, angry, and playing mind games with Axl. HINT: The guy who on Letterman admitted to being bitter and angry towards Axl for a very long time

Edited by gnrfan2007

You tell me who is the one still bitter, angry, and playing mind games with Axl.

Yes because Slash playing with someone who worked with GNR over 10 years ago is a "mind game" :rolleyes:

No, you cherry nose picker! LOL

If you state it like you did in one sentence, well then of course it doesn't look like Slash is still bitter and angry and still trying to mind fawk with Axl.

It is when you put into context with all the things Slash has said and done, that it makes you wonder why out of the drummers in the worlds did Slash *purposely* hire Josh Freese?!

Let me put it back into context again for you:

So just like Slash refused to help Axl with CD ... just like Slash tried to show up to those Vegas gigs ... just like Slash showed up drunk to Axl's house begging for his old job back when he was still running his VR outfit with Scott Weiland ... just like Slash would always be claiming to know when CD was to be released ... just like Slash with the Guitar Hero controversy ... just like Slash bashed Axl for wanting to be alternative rock like Pearl Jam but yet Slash has hired more alternative rock musicians for his bands than Axl has ...

And I'll add another one: just like Slash accused Axl of breaking up the "real" band and starting "new" band ...

That "new" GnR had Josh Freese in it ... but now Slash is cool with having the drummer of the "fake" GnR band in his band ... LMAO

Marc Canter was right about Slash.

It is when you put into context with all the things Slash has said and done, that it makes you wonder why out of the drummers in the worlds did Slash *purposely* hire Josh Freese?!

Jesus you hate Slash so much you are just making random shit up and extrapolating that Freese was hired for spite. You are obsessed with the dude lol seriously man you hate him so much yet most of your posts are directed at slandering him

Carry on :lol:

Edited by WhazUp

Jesus you hate Slash so much you are just making random shit up. You are obsessed with the dude lol

Carry on :lol:

Jesus you hate Axl so much you are just making random poop up. You are obsessed with the dude lol

Carry on ... you cherry nose picker! LOL