Josh Freese Talks About GN'R/ChiDem

mcmurray

Well I see with you logcial reasoning has well run its course. I never said I hated Axl , still making shit up man :lol:

Well I see with you logical reasoning has well run its course. I never said I hated Slash, still making poop up man!

Silly cherry nose picker! LOL

There is little point trying to look for conspiracy theories about Slash's recruitment of Josh Freese. It is just a simple case of, Slash needed an excellent drummer for an one off album who could also work with multiple people. Freese, a journeyman of an excellent pedigree, fitted the bill. It is possible that Slash was not even aware that Freese was in Nugnr before he hired him.

It is possible that Slash was not even aware that Freese was in Nugnr before he hired him.

That's ridiculous.

I have it on good authority that Slash knows the names, addresses, date of births and telephone numbers of all past and present NuGnR personnel.

There is little point trying to look for conspiracy theories about Slash's recruitment of Josh Freese. It is just a simple case of, Slash needed an excellent drummer for an one off album who could also work with multiple people. Freese, a journeyman of an excellent pedigree, fitted the bill. It is possible that Slash was not even aware that Freese was in Nugnr before he hired him.

I agree completely.

Glad to see some sanity persists.

Glad to see some sanity persists.

Agreed, after responding to the guy a few posts up I would say sanity is more than welcome

Since Buckethead and Robin quit on Axl, does that mean they are on Axl's ever growing list.. I guess it is safe to say, all current hired-hands will make the list at some point..

/back on topic

Good interview. Just straight up, saying it like it is (..or was)..

You tell me who is the one still bitter, angry, and playing mind games with Axl.

Yes because Slash playing with someone who worked with GNR over 10 years ago is a "mind game" :rolleyes:

No, you cherry nose picker! LOL

If you state it like you did in one sentence, well then of course it doesn't look like Slash is still bitter and angry and still trying to mind fawk with Axl.

It is when you put into context with all the things Slash has said and done, that it makes you wonder why out of the drummers in the worlds did Slash *purposely* hire Josh Freese?!

Let me put it back into context again for you:

So just like Slash refused to help Axl with CD ... just like Slash tried to show up to those Vegas gigs ... just like Slash showed up drunk to Axl's house begging for his old job back when he was still running his VR outfit with Scott Weiland ... just like Slash would always be claiming to know when CD was to be released ... just like Slash with the Guitar Hero controversy ... just like Slash bashed Axl for wanting to be alternative rock like Pearl Jam but yet Slash has hired more alternative rock musicians for his bands than Axl has ...

And I'll add another one: just like Slash accused Axl of breaking up the "real" band and starting "new" band ...

That "new" GnR had Josh Freese in it ... but now Slash is cool with having the drummer of the "fake" GnR band in his band ... LMAO

Marc Canter was right about Slash.

After this post, can we all agree that nobody should ever take anything this person posts seriously?

Talk about Cherry picking..........it's all you are doing! Especially with the Canter comment.

People get mad when we use the term Nutter or cult member or axl worshipper.........feel free to PM your apologies. I thought Lolcano was delusional, but this guy is ever more ridiculous.

Edited by Groghan

Agreed. Like Marc Canter said, "Slash single handedly ruined GNR---he stole DJ Ashba's solos and riffs!"

Also, it's like that famous quote by Abraham Lincoln: "Only a Slash could ruin the Union thusly."

And remember what Marilyn Monroe said about Slash? "Everything was fine until Slash came along."

True story, true quotes.

So just think. Josh accomplished more in the 2 or so months it took to record slash's than the two years he worked on CD. And people wonder why he didn't resign his contract. Which begs the question, when are DJs and Bumble's contracts end and will they re-sign even if no new album is on the horizon and continue touring and collecting paychecks? Or will they show an ounce of integrity and leave the money train that's been supporting them? I'm guessing they re-sign so they can continue to hawke their product lines. And some people here call slash a $$ whore sell-out.

Guest Gunns

Josh was very humble about Brain re-recording his drums, even though he's primarily a session musician, he seems to have a lot of respect for Axl and mostly had only great things to say about him.

I've always had a suspicion that all of the stories around Bucket are just made up and passed along because everyone gets a kick out of keeping it going, even when they don't work with him anymore. I have a very hard time believing he's actually as weird as what everyone says.

He says he was excited about having co-written 3 or 4 songs that were on the potential master list (they had a master list of 20 songs and a 'b' list of 20 other songs).

The most interesting part for me

Yet people say there are no songs left...

I've always had a suspicion that all of the stories around Bucket are just made up and passed along because everyone gets a kick out of keeping it going, even when they don't work with him anymore. I have a very hard time believing he's actually as weird as what everyone says.

Knowing how much he loves all things Disney, I'm pretty sure Josh wasn't stretching the truth.

Probably because it was 10 years ago. He is pretty much a session drummer I think. I doubt he would turn down work because of loyalty to a bygone project. Even Bach flits between Axl and old Guns members and he is supposedly a good friend of Axl's.

Axl offered Freese a great opportunity that was in large part responsible for the launch of his career. I would say with a certain degree of certainty that he understood the emotional place Axl had been in motivating Chinese Democracy. I do not find it surprising therefore that Axl was 'bummed out' by Freese playing with Slash.

And it's specifically Slash by the way. Bach only collaborates with old GNR elements that have either found a degree of reconciliation or are frankly irrelevant (Matt Sorum).

923286_499993776716323_137673140_n.jpg

Sorry, you were saying...

bach is out, myles is in for south africa

It is when you put into context with all the things Slash has said and done, that it makes you wonder why out of the drummers in the worlds did Slash *purposely* hire Josh Freese?!

Jesus you hate Slash so much you are just making random shit up and extrapolating that Freese was hired for spite. You are obsessed with the dude lol seriously man you hate him so much yet most of your posts are directed at slandering him

Carry on :lol:

He'd change his tune of Axl had no problem with Slash

Sorry for the delay, but I have been too busy here. I did get to finish this story, though, which is fabulous:

I love Buckethead, but one of the funniest things about him is his love for Disneyland. [...] When I first met him, I go, "So Warren says you like Disneyland, you go there often", "Yeah", "When was the last time you went there?", "I went there on Monday." It was, like, two days ago. [...] "You know what I do there sometimes, man, I've recorded my own versions of the soundtracks to certain rides with me playing guitar and I go in there with my own walkman or whatever and when I go to the "Haunted Mansion" I listen to me playing the 'Haunted Mansion', and when I go to 'Pirates of the Caribbean' I listen to me playing 'Pirates of the Caribbean'. And I am like, "Shit, man," sitting there, trying not to crack up, "That's cool!" And I go, "What do you do on 'Space Mountain', man?" I was trying to trip him up because there is no music on 'Space Mountain'. "Ah, there's no themes off that ride so it's just me going off, man, it's just me soloing." [Laughter] He's the best, I love him. [PodOmatic, April 2013].

Agreed. Like Marc Canter said, "Slash single handedly ruined GNR---he stole DJ Ashba's solos and riffs!"

Also, it's like that famous quote by Abraham Lincoln: "Only a Slash could ruin the Union thusly."

And remember what Marilyn Monroe said about Slash? "Everything was fine until Slash came along."

True story, true quotes.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• 8 months later...