Any chance you could ban the trolls?

Guest NGOG

Funny how this is the one thread where they come off as at all decent.

Rich coming from you. Mr Talk Shit About People on other people's profiles. Mr Laugh About Trolling Mygnr on other forums.

I am not the only one to spot the pleasure you get from following people all over the forum being a snide sneery little fucker every chance you get.

You get off on playground games and stoking arguments between posters every chance you get.

Why don't you two geniuses and models of forum etiquette actually post suggestions on how to improve the forum like I did instead of just sniping from the sidelines?

Put up or shut up. Get on board or fuck off. Pick your line.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not mine, or anybody's, job to tell the administration how to run their own board. I don't suffer from this same strange case of entitlement that you seem to be afflicted with. :shrugs:

What do want? A medal?

It's not mine, or anybody's, job to tell the administration how to run their own board. I don't suffer from this same strange case of entitlement that you seem to be afflicted with. :shrugs:

What do want? A medal?

No, but a fucking cookie would be nice.

Rich coming from you. Mr Talk Shit About People on other people's profiles. Mr Laugh About Trolling Mygnr on other forums.

I am not the only one to spot the pleasure you get from following people all over the forum being a snide sneery little fucker every chance you get.

You get off on playground games and stoking arguments between posters every chance you get.

Why don't you two geniuses and models of forum etiquette actually post suggestions on how to improve the forum like I did instead of just sniping from the sidelines?

Really? Bringing up shit from 2 years ago as if it matters in the present day? I'm fairly sure I've got a good reputation among the current staff, so that's not going to work. Go ahead and try though. I'm sure there's a lot more you can dig up on me.

Playground games? Rich coming from the guy who acts like this place is his 80s high school and he's the star football player.

I've made plenty of suggestions in the Support section. My suggestion to fix the issue in this thread would boil down to either banning all of the people who shit up threads on a daily basis (highly unnecessary save for sailaway) or simply cracking down on their efforts. No need for vast changes like the lot of you are suggesting. Fact of the matter is the GNR section right now is a fucking warzone. It's impossible to talk about anything without some asshole (from either side) coming in and taking a shit on everything, leading to the thread becoming a multi-page quotefest between the same six people about the same fucking shit before eventually being moved to Attitude because the mods would rather just hide it than deal with the problem.

Playground games? Rich coming from the guy who acts like this place is his 80s high school and he's the star football player.

I've made plenty of suggestions in the Support section. My suggestion to fix the issue in this thread would boil down to either banning all of the people who shit up threads on a daily basis (highly unnecessary save for sailaway) or simply cracking down on their efforts....

... because the mods would rather just hide it than deal with the problem.

80s high school and he's the star football player? :lol: Seriously what the actual fuck are you on about?

You've made plenty of suggestions alright. Calling for people to be banned all over the shop, not to mention falsely accusing me of starting threads and asking me to be banned for it. Get your facts straight buddy before you point the finger.

Now you are trying to row back on calling for myself, Sailaway, Rusty, pi2loc and maynard to be banned.

Only Sailaway now is it?

At least your last point actually makes some sense. For once.

I sincerely apologize for confusing maynard or rustycage or whoever it was that started the sailaway thread with you, though I did not ask for anyone to be banned over it.

I really couldn't care less who gets banned. If the problem can be dealt with without banning everyone, that sounds fine to me. But it needs to be fuckin' dealt with. Not ignored and pushed under the Attitude rug. If that's not doable, then yeah, I'd support a banocide.

Really? Bringing up shit from 2 years ago as if it matters in the present day? I'm fairly sure I've got a good reputation among the current staff, so that's not going to work. Go ahead and try though. I'm sure there's a lot more you can dig up on me.

I've made plenty of suggestions in the Support section. My suggestion to fix the issue in this thread would boil down to either banning all of the people who shit up threads on a daily basis (highly unnecessary save for sailaway) or simply cracking down on their efforts. No need for vast changes like the lot of you are suggesting. Fact of the matter is the GNR section right now is a fucking warzone. It's impossible to talk about anything without some asshole (from either side) coming in and taking a shit on everything, leading to the thread becoming a multi-page quotefest between the same six people about the same fucking shit before eventually being moved to Attitude because the mods would rather just hide it than deal with the problem.

I appreciate your suggestions and agree with a lot of what you're saying.

I don't think it's gotten past anyone that D&N is kind of a mess right now, and it has become increasingly difficult to moderate. We're aware of this. We're discussing it and trying to come up with solutions. We don't want to have to ban tons of people (agree with you there) but for whatever reason, maybe because of the situation with the band, people seem extra hostile just within the past year or so.

For now, I'm going to lock this thread, since it continues to spiral into a he-said/she-said situation. Give us a little time and we're going to be trying to come up with fresh ideas for the forum.

All I'll ask people like Damn Smooth is that if you really think you're just defending yourself, then that's half the problem - don't get into petty arguments with posters like DiceMan, just report whatever posts you think are abusive and, though it might take us anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours, we'll see those reports and try to take care of them. But responding to 'defend' yourself just worsens the situation and creates these clusterfucks.