Any chance you could ban the trolls?

Guest NGOG

Wait, who attacked someone for being Brazilians?

Maynard has been an absolute dick to Manets for no good reason.

I haven't seen it. Maynard, imo, has always been straight forward and only attacks those that attack him. The same as a lot of people here. I don't speak for him but they can settle it between themselves if neither of em report it. No need to stir the pot when it;s between them.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, who attacked someone for being Brazilians?

Maynard has been an absolute dick to Manets for no good reason.

They're both from Brazil and they had an argument in the Portuguese section as far as I'm concerned. Since I'm not Brazilian I don't know what they were talkin' about. :lol:

I'm pretty sure maynard is Brazilian too, so he's having a go at his own country. Besides, I thought he and Manets had a minor reconciliation in one of the recent threads.

Really, everyone, can we take a deep breath here?

And since we're doing full disclosure. I've been around since the beginning. Didn't post for a long time, then got banned in 2006(?) for calling the band AxlRoseCoverBand.

Edited by magisme

Guest NGOG

Both extremes are equally annoying. Be it the stalker like infatuation with Axl's person, to the point where he becomes a reverred demi-god exempt from any degree of scrutiny. Or the opposite side of the spectrum where he can't do anything right.

Both extremes are equally annoying. Be it the stalker like infatuation with Axl's person, to the point where he becomes a reverred demi-god exempt from any degree of scrutiny. Or the opposite side of the spectrum where he can't do anything right.

And no one should be banned for being annoying. And creating a thread asking for people to be banned does nothing but create animosity in the forum. If you felt this strongly, you should have sent a pm to a mod.

I don't think it's that he can't do anything right, he hasn't DONE ANYTHING. People are bored and this is just how they're killing the boredom.

Axl's deluded fans won't stop.

If...

1. You like Slash = You're shit.

2. You like the old band = You're shit.

3. Consider Axl does not sound good = You're shit.

4. Consider Axl's band should release music = You're shit.

5. Consider Axl physic state is bad = You're shit.

6. Consider Axl's hangers-on are keeping him down = You're shit.

7. Think Axl sounds better than ever and his music is awesome and his band is 1000 times better than the old band = Brilliant poster.

And the list goes on and on.

__

Personal insults should not be allowed though. No matter what side of the fence you are. But mods let that happen continuously. Why? I don't know. I was told things were going to change but never happened. Still, I'm not complaining because that's just retarded. I'm just commenting on the issue.

I also think the whole "if you have a problem with a post report it" excuse is lame as fuck.

If I was to do that then I'd be reporting posts all fuckin day.

EDIT: To clarify I mean posts that break the rules. When it is a clear rule break the mods shouldn't need to have people report it. Just get on with it, that's your job as a mod. If you can't do that then you need more mods. This doesn't have to be hugely fuckin complicated.

Edited by TheDiceMan

I'm not going to name them because that violates forum policy. Axl fans, alternatively know as nutswingers, Axlites, lunatics, Brazilians, Beta's boys, whatever the latest fad is to attack us with; do not have a problem with cohesive questions with regards the direction of GNR. Repeat, I respect the right of pro-reunionists, Slash fans, Axl haters to voice their concerns in a constructive way. I am not trying to invigorate some Jarmo style revolution of MyGNR.

The issue is that a couple of users are essentially a variant of one unhelpful, non-discussion encouraging point of view. I actually believe they are multiple accounts fronted by no more than one or two people. Basically, they are hijacking every single thread in the main board diverting it into petty squabbling and making discussion with regards the actual topic virtually impossible with their provocative assertions.

I hope am I not alone in wishing for this small, but persistent grouping to be warned or better still, banned from posting. They do not represent anybody but cheap jibe artists.

Some time ago I would have agreed with you. I couldn't understand why this site would not only allow, but actually accommodate people who only come here to ridicule the new lineup and Axl. Sure, I laugh of the occasional "Axl is fat" joke like everyone else, but when hearing it every time a picture is posted then it becomes a wee bit old. And sure, it is funny to ridicule Dj, and we all know he has it coming, but again, it gets kinda repetitive after a while. And when some people ONLY post jabs and never anything constructive, they clearly have no value at a fan site except to amuse themselves and their likeminded. So originally I couldn't understand why they weren't simply banned. It just made no sense to me. Constructive criticism, yah; constant, inane and monotone bashing from some members, nay.

But then I realized that Attitude is like an asylum. You don't want these guys loose in the world of GN'R fan sites, you want them contained in a marginalized small area where they can amuse themselves with retarded threads and petty fighting. I suddenly saw the brilliance of the admins decision and their sheer sacrifice by accepting the dregs of the fan community. I'll admit that I sometimes wonder if some fence has a hole, because they do keep popping up at proper discussion sections, but all in all I am very happy with the situation. Someone said something clever once about judging a society about how it treats its loonies, I think it must be realized that mygnrforumis doing one very compassionate yet ungrateful job.

Edited by SoulMonster

Lock up everyone here and they will never be heard from or seen again.

You probably shouldn't question other methods to run a site when your site can't even get off of the ground. Time is better spent on the things you spent your money on.

I am not questioning how this site is run at all. I appreciate it. Sincerely.

What do you mean by "time is better spent on things you spent your money on"?

When you invest your money into a website, and spend most of your time at another site getting into irrelevant semantic discussions and wondering why the other sites moderators are more relaxed, your time might be better spent making your website a more attractive place for people to visit so you didn't piss your money away on something you could have done for free on Weebly.

Maybe it will help you "understand" the relaxed approach you are so perplexed by.

Lock up everyone here and they will never be heard from or seen again.

You probably shouldn't question other methods to run a site when your site can't even get off of the ground. Time is better spent on the things you spent your money on.

I am not questioning how this site is run at all. I appreciate it. Sincerely.

What do you mean by "time is better spent on things you spent your money on"?

He politely told you to get the fuck out of here. :lol:

When you invest your money into a website, and spend most of your time at another site getting into irrelevant semantic discussions and wondering why the other sites moderators are more relaxed, your time might be better spent making your website a more attractive place for people to visit so you didn't piss your money away on something you could have done for free on Weebly.

Maybe it will help you "understand" the relaxed approach you are so perplexed by.

Oh, you are still talking about my site. Out of respect for the admins I suggest you talk about this in its relevant thread in the Ain't It Fun section: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/198154-appetite-for-discussion-a4d/ . But just to clarify a misunderstanding of yours: I haven't spent money on my site (except for hosting a few files), only time and love ;).

Edited by SoulMonster

Well, since all the cry babies who came here to give their "so-important" opinions on this matter left really butthurt. Is there anyone else who would want to express their opinions? Otherwise I think a mod should lock this. Have a nice day goodfellas. :thumbsup:

Nobody hosts for free. Remember that the next time you want to evaluate the moderating methods somewhere. For starters, toss a fucking donation into the pot before you criticize. :shrugs:

Again, I would be happy to explain to you the economics of my site in its proper thread, but not here. And again, I am not criticising this site at all (you probably only read the start of my post), I am commending it, this site is basically taking a bullet for the rest of us by being a refuge for the dregs of the fan community and having to deal with the crap on a daily basis. That deserved nothing but heartfelt thanks.

Edited by SoulMonster

The dregs of the fansites? Can you name more than one other board that isn't a ghost town? What you see is ALL that remains.

Your sly attempts to give backhanded compliments don't go unnoticed. I hope so, at least.

I really don't care about your site or for you to explain anything. You aren't the first guy to purchase a domain name and pay for hosting. It's not a complicated process. My point is before trying to give backhanded compliments when it's clear that you have a problem with a lot of those that post here, and even that doesn't make sense because your whole time here is spent turning every topic into a semantic debate about shit irrelevant to the topic, and you're engaging in that type of posting with the very people you call dregs, you could worry more about your site.

Edited by Rustycage

The dregs of the fansites? Can you name more than one other board that isn't a ghost town? What you see is ALL that remains.

Your sly attempts to give backhanded compliments don't go unnoticed. I hope so, at least.

I really don't care about your site or for you to explain anything. You aren't the first guy to purchase a domain name and pay for hosting. It's not a complicated process.

Uhm, no, I mean "the dregs of the fan community". I have corrected my post above. Thanks for notifying me of this.

Why do you still keep talking about it then? Get your answers here and stop obsessing about it, especially in this thread: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/198154-appetite-for-discussion-a4d/