Why there could be a slight chance now to get Buckethead back for a bit...

Blusky Grenfield

According to this info:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/198075-buckethead-selling-buckets-for-500/

Buckethead is currently trying to raise some funds to help out his family.

I know it's a crap shot really and I don't mean to be disrespectful towards Buckethead or his family, but maybe if camp Guns gives him a call, he might re-consider a collaboration of some sort, if only for a couple of shows? I mean if it's true that Axl worked his ass off to get him back in the band, maybe this could be a win-win situation for all? What do you think?

Edited by Blusky Grenfield

Wouldn't want it. I like this version of the band. Buckethead is a fantastic talent, but I like where GNR are now. Things are finally starting to balance out abit and baby steps are being made towards what could ultimately become a new release.

This band has spent too much time looking back, time to focus on the future and stay on a path.

A guest appearance or two on TWAT would be magic though...

Wouldn't want it. I like this version of the band. Buckethead is a fantastic talent, but I like where GNR are now. Things are finally starting to balance out abit and baby steps are being made towards what could ultimately become a new release.

This band has spent too much time looking back, time to focus on the future and stay on a path.

A guest appearance or two on TWAT would be magic though...

You got a very valid point there, but on the other hand I think it's safe to say Buckethead will pull crowds and sell tickets like sliced bread, especially in Europe where he is never touring alone. Mabye they could get him to open for Guns and guest on a song or two? He would get to do his thing and Guns could feature an original songwriter in their live shows, if only for a couple of songs. The guest thing went pretty well with Izzy and people loved it. Those who like Buckethead and his contributions to CD could enjoy it like crazy but at the same time the current lineup won't have to compromise anything but would still benefit a lot from it. It's probably not going to happen, but I would love to see it and keep my fingers crossed.

Edited by Blusky Grenfield

Well, never say never. Izzy, Duff, Brain and Robin all played with Guns N' Roses on 2010.

Which show did Robin play in 2010? Any videos or images? Would love to see some!

Manets is a little wrong there. These are the shows that each former member played (they were not all in 2010):

Duff: London O2 2010, Seattle 2011 and LA 2011

Izzy: London O2 2012 (both nights), London surprise club gig 2012, Vegas 2012 (last two nights)

Robin: House Of Blues 2012

Brain: House Of Blues 2012

He should've auctioned the buckets off, or did the paintings on pickguards and sell guitars he endorses.

As far as Bucket and Axl goes, it would prob. have to be up to Brain to get them together. Axl did say he didn't rule out working with Bucket again, even after what happened. Who knows, maybe they reconnected when Axl did the Bridge School.

Guest NGOG

Is the OP insinuating Axl should capitalize upon a time of financial crisis in Bucket's life and force him to swallow his pride by rejoining GNR in order to appease said crisis? I couldn't think of a worse pretence for an artist to become part of a project.

Is the OP insinuating Axl should capitalize upon a time of financial crisis in Bucket's life and force him to swallow his pride by rejoining GNR in order to appease said crisis? I couldn't think of a worse pretence for an artist to become part of a project.

I think it would be more that Axl/GNR would be doing BH a favour to help earn him money.

Guest NGOG

I think it would be more that Axl/GNR would be doing BH a favour to help earn him money.

No offence, but why would Axl want to do Bucket a favour after the difficulty he caused for the project by abruptly leaving and giving the camp no degree of certainty as to his status? Axl unfortunately doesn't owe Bucket such a kind gesture as to play with GNR again simply to benefit his father's situation. He earned enough money with GNR while he was there frankly.

Ron's Dad is currently extremely ill. Should Axl also subsidize his father's treatments? Surely Ron has the greater case for funding right?

The only viable way I could see Axl helping Bucket's financial status is if he genuinely still wanted Bucket as part of GNR. And that ship seems to have sailed long ago.

This.

Plus a lot of fans love Buckethead, so the band wouldn't do a sole case of charity here, they would probably benefit from it too a bit, if only to have a cool guest performance of a former member and songwriter. Having Izzy and Duff sure didn't hurt anyone but a lot of people enjoyed it.

Guest NGOG

Plus a lot of fans love Buckethead

A lot of fans love Slash, too. Doesn't make Axl any more partial to Slash does it?

Bucket's association with GNR stopped on very negative terms as signified by his continued refusal to even slightly address the topic publicly. It's ludricous to suggest that Axl would feel compelled to contribute financially to the health of Bucket's family irrespective of how sad it may be.

Axl unfortunately doesn't owe Bucket such a kind gesture as to play with GNR again simply to benefit his father's situation.

The only viable way I could see Axl helping Bucket's financial status is if he genuinely still wanted Bucket as part of GNR. And that ship seems to have sailed long ago.

I think it's because Axl doesn't owe Buckethead that gesture, it would be so much cooler of him to do it regardless. As far as Axl wanting Buckethead back, well it's known he went through great lengths trying to get him back on board and was very frustrated about losing him. How about overcoming the grudge and bitterness, knowing how far it actually gets people in life?

I doubt Buckethead would even accept such an offer, knowing he'd have to sawllow even more pride than Axl for that, but I'd still be offering. It's a matter of class, not of ego, and a gesture like that would be a great oportunity to even out things on a personal level, all the bullshit that went on aside. Talking about forgiveness and greatness here on both sides of the fence.

No offence, but why would Axl want to do Bucket a favour after the difficulty he caused for the project by abruptly leaving and giving the camp no degree of certainty as to his status? Axl unfortunately doesn't owe Bucket such a kind gesture as to play with GNR again simply to benefit his father's situation. He earned enough money with GNR while he was there frankly.

Ron's Dad is currently extremely ill. Should Axl also subsidize his father's treatments? Surely Ron has the greater case for funding right?

None taken. That's just the way i interpreted the OP.

Also, sometimes people to good gestures not because they owe somebody but rather because they want to. Just sayin'

In regards to Ron's situation. Maybe he has money and doesn't need help. Or maybe the band collectively donated? I have no idea really :shrugs:

Edited by Coma16

Plus a lot of fans love Buckethead

A lot of fans love Slash, too. Doesn't make Axl any more partial to Slash does it?

Bucket's association with GNR stopped on very negative terms as signified by his continued refusal to even slightly address the topic publicly. It's ludricous to suggest that Axl would feel compelled to contribute financially to the health of Bucket's family irrespective of how sad it may be.

Most everyones association with Guns ended on negative terms or else it would not have ended. Remember when Izzy left and how much it ate Axl? He said hated him for it, but 20 years later they are having a blast together on stage. If there is only the slightest chance of reaching that level with Buckethead ever, they shouldn't wait another 20 years and rather see what life is throwing at them more as signs and less as opportunities. In my opinion, it has very little to do with swallowing pride and a lot with personal growth, in lack of a better word. Guy needs help and you can help, you help. Period. At least that's how my mom raised me. I hate my neigbours with a passion because they make my life harder than it should be, but if their house was on fire, I'd get my ass over and help in no time regardless. I can still hate them when their loved ones are safe again but then at least I won't feel like a stupid idiot for letting them burn because I was too fucking proud to be a human being.

If Axl really felt for Buckethead's predicament an annonymous donation would be the way to go, but the whole idea that it could somehow be leveraged for gain or favour is ridiculous.

this.

i'm sure axl would help an old firend if necessary.