Looks like Chester Bennington is the new singer for STP...

Powerage5

Good singer.

Really? I think he's one dimensional and boring. He has the 'angry' voice and the 'touchy feely' voice. Nothing interesting going on there imo.

Technically he is a good singer though.

I'm really surprised by this. The 3 of them are really talented but I guess they have bad taste in singers. (except Scott)

OP is incorrect. There is going to be an STP without Scott. It says so in the link.

I have nothing against cult of personality. I think there can be only one qualified David Bowie impersonator, and his name is Scott Weiland.

http://stonetemplepilots.com/news/2013/05/stone-temple-pilots-and-chester-bennington-make-surprise-appearance-at-kroq-weenie-roast/

Nope, nope, nope. Personal feelings about Scott aside, there can't be a Stone Temple Pilots without him. And seriously...Chester Bennington? Gimme a break.

one step closer to get rid of the stupid linkin park

that band goes nowhere

Chester is a good singer, imo

would be interesting on an STP album

They are nothing without Weiland. Not looking forward to STP with another singer

Weiland post 2000 is a big pile of shit

/thread

Chester is an amazing singer! You guys have no idea what you're talking about. Linkin Park doesn't gove him the chance to show his full potential but search for performances where's he's alone or in another band. He's the best singer that has come out from a big 2000's band easily. What a voice. Not Scott, of course, but you guys are hating him in a very ignorant way, with no idea what you're talking about. I wouldn't like for there to be an STP without Scott as it makes no sense to me and I think Chester should be in Linkin Park. If he turned down VR because of LP, he should have turned this down too. However, STP is his all-time favorite band so I think he just couldn't say no.

EDIT: That song rocks, BTW. But yeah, would've been a lot better with Scott.

Edited by Cosmonaut

Well, fuck. me running.

I can't believe they really replaced Scott, and can't believe it is with Chester. I feel like I'm in bizzaro land right now.

I have always hated Linkin' Park, but that's more about their music and style, Chester's voice isn't horrible. Still, Scott defined that music and all you need to do is watch Chester try and sing those songs to know that while he can hit most of those notes, he can't own the old material.

At least the new material doesn't sound so bad...