Looks like Chester Bennington is the new singer for STP...

Powerage5

That song would have been one of the standouts from the last album. Fact it... It sucks 'cause it makes no sense for there to be an STP without Scott Weiland, not 'cause they chose Chester, he was an excellent choice. Dude rocks. So yeah... I don't support an STP without Scott but I sure as hell am not complaining they chose Chester.

Well, fuck. me running.

I can't believe they really replaced Scott, and can't believe it is with Chester. I feel like I'm in bizzaro land right now.

I have always hated Linkin' Park, but that's more about their music and style, Chester's voice isn't horrible. Still, Scott defined that music and all you need to do is watch Chester try and sing those songs to know that while he can hit most of those notes, he can't own the old material.

At least the new material doesn't sound so bad...

Actually...I find myself, not hating that.

Well, fuck. me running.

I can't believe they really replaced Scott, and can't believe it is with Chester. I feel like I'm in bizzaro land right now.

I have always hated Linkin' Park, but that's more about their music and style, Chester's voice isn't horrible. Still, Scott defined that music and all you need to do is watch Chester try and sing those songs to know that while he can hit most of those notes, he can't own the old material.

It's okay. Don't like the half time pre-chorus. The song in general reminds me of She Builds Quick Machines too much for comfort...I can even hear Chester trying to sound like VR-era Scott at times. Would like to hear Scott sing this.

Honestly, I was really against this at the start, but that song is actually pretty good. Surprisingly a lot of the vocal lines sound similar to what Scott would write, too. And anyway, from the sound of it, I don't think he's the permanent singer and this is just a one-off.

Well, fuck. me running.

Actually...I find myself, not hating that.

Track's pretty damn sweet. If the STP guys have to replace SW, Chester a great fit, not sure why so there's so much strong dislike.

That said, they should start under a new band name. And you can bet Scotty won't stay silent on this, we'll be hearing from him any time now(tick tock, tick tock goes the bomb about to explode). :tongue2:

Well, fuck. me running.

It's okay. Don't like the half time pre-chorus. The song in general reminds me of She Builds Quick Machines too much for comfort...I can even hear Chester trying to sound like VR-era Scott at times. Would like to hear Scott sing this.

Bingo. When I heard this, my mind immediately registered the connection to VR-Scott. (and more specifically for that matter, Libertad Scott)

I think, lyrically, Chester is going to lack that je ne sais quoi that Weiland brings to the table. There's a bit more substance to an STP song than "You're running out of time!"

Scott would have delivered a message that was powerful and abstract, at least the Scott Weiland who sang on STP's first five albums would've...

I think the song blows.

Bring back Weiland, start writing some new shit and let the Deleos have more influence on the music so it doesn't sound as soft cock as that self titled horror.

The DeLeos write everything first, Scott sits down later and decides what he wants to work on. It's not their fault that every song with balls was vetoed by Scott. He doesn't like brash rock and roll anymore. He's gone on record as saying that he prefers to do more eclectic and melodic songs at this stage in his career. I believe he made a comment about retiring his leather pants. Such a bloody shame.

I wouldn't be surprised if this new song is something that was left over from the self-titled sessions. Something Scott turned his nose at.

I think the song blows.

Bring back Weiland, start writing some new shit and let the Deleos have more influence on the music so it doesn't sound as soft cock as that self titled horror.

The DeLeos write everything first, Scott sits down later and decides what he wants to work on. It's not their fault that every song with balls was vetoed by Scott. He doesn't like brash rock and roll anymore. He's gone on record as saying that he prefers to do more eclectic and melodic songs at this stage in his career. I believe he made a comment about retiring his leather pants. Such a bloody shame.

I wouldn't be surprised if this new song is something that was left over from the self-titled sessions. Something Scott turned his nose at.

I dunno...I mean it's not that far a departure from Between The Lines.

I am glad I got to see STP with a good-performing Weiland at the Hollywood Bowl in 2008

Weiland is a shadow of his former self now. But I still have no intrest in an STP without him, man if only he could get his act together. He was pretty good during the year they first reunited but now he can barely do the Core and Purple era tunes.

Damn shame, STP used to be amazing

I am glad I got to see STP with a good-performing Weiland at the Hollywood Bowl in 2008

Weiland is a shadow of his former self now. But I still have no intrest in an STP without him, man if only he could get his act together. He was pretty good during the year they first reunited but now he can barely do the Core and Purple era tunes.

Damn shame, STP used to be amazing

Couldn't disagree more. Saw Scott with VR in 2007, STP at least once per year from 2008-2012, and solo this year. The STP show I saw in '08 was absolutely the worst performance I've seen from him, and the solo show this year was by far the best I've seen from him. Generally speaking, 2008 was probably one of his stronger years. The best I saw him with STP was in '09.

I was reading up on this on the stp forum, was surprised to see msl over there talking to someone briefly about mygnr

Below Empty? I post there occasionally, but everyone over there seems so whiny about everything. Last straw was when instead of thanking me for taping Scott solo a couple months ago, they told me I'd wasted my time, money and effort.

It's like being on a GN'R forum :P

I was reading up on this on the stp forum, was surprised to see msl over there talking to someone briefly about mygnr

Below Empty? I post there occasionally, but everyone over there seems so whiny about everything. Last straw was when instead of thanking me for taping Scott solo a couple months ago, they told me I'd wasted my time, money and effort.

It's like being on a GN'R forum :P

That's the one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHiEYrJJlZY

Doesn't do it for me, dude is off key more than he is on

If that is the closest choice to sounding like Scott and they don't want to try someone with their own style, they should not go forward. STP was amazing live and everything was perfect. VR was unbearable and they seem cast as "club rock band" in an after school movie. Maybe I didn't go deep into their material but the name alone is contrived.