Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

12 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Odd Future were my favourite rap group for a couple years, I loved the uniqueness of them!

I still don't understand what happened to them and it was a pretty quick "fall"

I hope they come back soon

I was more in to certain individual members than the collective as a whole, but I'm pretty sure Domo Genesis and Earl have 'made up' with Tyler. Not sure if he and Hodgy have settled things, and Frank is probably just sleeping all the time. Their music was really fun, and they always seemed to be enjoying themselves so it's a shame.

The Internet is a pretty great group, their sound is definitely something I've appreciated recently. Syd's got a great voice. 

I can definitely see why Frank, and probably Syd might've come to be uncomfortable in the group. It was probably a mixture of drugs (besides Tyler) and too much reliance on one another that ruined them tbh.

Edited by toroymoi

Couple of news items I saw today:

Class action lawsuit filed against Ye for allegedly tricking millions into subscribing to TIDAL by claiming TLOP would be an exclusive, only to reneg on his promise

Ye makes TLOP style amendments to 2013 album Yeezus (Apple Music version)

Artists aren't underrated or overrate. They are what the market and fan base say they are. 

Just because you love or hate an artist at a different level than the masses doesn't mean they are underrated or overrated. It just means you love/hate them at a different level than everybody else. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well, i haven't been in this threadfor a while (for a lot of reasons) but here's the "New Slaves" ripoff again:http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/20/kanye-west-sued-new-slaves/

Gabor agreed, but says that was only under the assumption a formal deal would be laid out.

According to the docs -- obtained by TMZ -- Presser says Kanye sent him a $10k advance to push the deal through, but Presser says he never cashed the check.

It could end up costing Kanye way more. Presser's suing for at least $2.5 million

lol bacardi

Edited by Strange Broue

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

Tour announced. Got a ticket to the State College show in PA.

Nice!

I will for sure be buying a ticket to the Toronto show, I saw him on the Yeezus tour in 2013 (unreal show)

No opener for the tour has been announced yet, I wonder who it's going to be?

Last tour was Kendrick Lamar

Saint Pablo has been added to TLOP. Such a good song. It reminds me of old Kanye in its' honesty.

I like TLOP, it's definitely a good album, but I think with more focus and less tracks it could've been a great album. Saint Pablo should've been here from the start as the album closer.

Edited by Jakey Styley

17 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

Saint Pablo has been added to TLOP. Such a good song. It reminds me of old Kanye in its' honesty.

I like TLOP, it's definitely a good album, but I think with more focus and less tracks it could've been a great album. Saint Pablo should've been here from the start as the album closer.

Agreed, Saint Pablo is a great song!

Considered the tour but I couldn't swing it for $200 a ticket. Thats a bit much, and was all I was pulling for MSG. I paid $150 to see him on the Yeezus tour and it was incredible, so if I never see him again I'll be fine. Just can't swing that this year with GNR being back and all. But I do enjoy Life Of Pablo and would love to see him live again. Still kills me I saw the BEGINNING of the Yeezus tour and by the end when he came back around he was doing that whole added College Dropout section along with stuff like Dark Fantasy. I definitely would have waited and seen THAT show over the one I got, but can't really complain that much. No one would have predicted that.