Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

Such a bipolar album. I really liked it overall, but it had its waaaay highs and waaay lows. The first four tracks absolutely kill. I've loved New Slaves and Black Skinhead since Yeezus played SNL a few weeks back, and On Sight and I Am A God were fitting tracks to join them. Everything from Hold My Liquor to Send It Up felt kinda flat for me. I'm In It was ok, but the civil-rights-as-sexual-inuendo theme felt really forced and tired by the end (esp. in the wake of Weezy's Emmet Till controversy of late). Bound 2 is fucking incredible. Probably second favorite of mine on the record, behind Black Skin Head. Overall, an excellent effort. I really enjoyed it. Glad it leaked in time for me to listen while I was out running today.

Holy shit, people.... I've heard it once. Good lyrics, horrible tunes! I don't see myself listening to this shit on my way to college, at the gym, anywhere... Bound 2 is by far the best song and it wouldn't even be a standout on Dark Fantasy. Either this a huge grower or it's a huge pile of shit. Fuck this "edgy" crap he's trying to pass with this album. I wanted to like this shit but I'm not forcing it down my throat. It is shit. I'm gonna listen to it again when I'm in a better mood 'cause I don't have the patience of going through that again. Fuck...

Holy shit, people.... I've heard it once. Good lyrics, horrible tunes! I don't see myself listening to this shit on my way to college, at the gym, anywhere... Bound 2 is by far the best song and it wouldn't even be a standout on Dark Fantasy. Either this a huge grower or it's a huge pile of shit. Fuck this "edgy" crap he's trying to pass with this album. I wanted to like this shit but I'm not forcing it down my throat. It is shit. I'm gonna listen to it again when I'm in a better mood 'cause I don't have the patience of going through that again. Fuck...

I kinda agree. I mean, yeah, Bound 2 is pretty awesome... for an older Kanye album. It's completely out of place on this album. The album has some cool, edgy beats, and then one retro sounding sample/beat at the end. It's odd. And to be honest, it really doesn't work like a song like Devil In A New Dress does. That song really fit well in the middle of MBDTF, but this feels tacked on at the end.

The rest is pretty meh for me, and I love Kanye. About half of the album is pretty good, but the other half is really off-putting. That being said, Blood On The Leaves is awesome.

Either way, I'm gonna try another listen later and see how it goes. I mean, it's not awful, but it's really not doing much for me still.

While I love it dearly, I look at this album like a modern day 808s & Heartbreak. It's consumed by a drastic, experimental new style, and I predict that the next album will apply this style more liberally to his classic Kanye style and create the next MBDTF-like masterpiece.

The first four songs fucking slay, Hold My Liquor is kind of slowing things down though. Mostly because of Chief Keef.

His part is so miniscule it's not worth complaining about. I'm just eternally grateful he didn't actually get a verse.

I've never been a fan of how Kanye likes to shove autotune on people who obviously can't sing even with it, it sounds like a warbly synth or something, and Keef's part is a pretty big offender of that.

Listened to the album again. Some tracks did grow on me - Black Skinhead, I Am A God, New Slaves and Hold My Liquor. Bound 2 is still my favorite, though. They're good. Not great. Again... I don't think they would be any kind of standout in MBDTF. On Sight is horrid and Blood On The Leaves seems like a lost B-side that didn't make it on 808s and Heartbreak. Yeah. Didn't make on THAT album.

The first four songs fucking slay, Hold My Liquor is kind of slowing things down though. Mostly because of Chief Keef.

His part is so miniscule it's not worth complaining about. I'm just eternally grateful he didn't actually get a verse.

I've never been a fan of how Kanye likes to shove autotune on people who obviously can't sing even with it, it sounds like a warbly synth or something, and Keef's part is a pretty big offender of that.

Keef sounds like a fucking retard on Hold My Liquor, but the rest of the song is pretty cool.

Starting to warm up to this album now.

I've listened to it a few times now and I'm just not digging it nearly as much as MBDTF, but it does have its moments, and I respect the...ambition behind it. It's definitely admirable that he's willing to experiment and go anti-radio-friendly, and there are definite moments of absolute genius, but there are more lows here than perhaps any of his previous work, bar 808s.

Kanye West is a fucking thief

He steal a very old hungarian rock bands most famous song Gyöngyhajú Lány without crediting them
So the "hooray for tolerance!" can suck my motherfucking dick with his autotune shit
This is really annoys me
around 2:52 when the autotune shit comes on and the end on this "song" you clearly hear the hungarian original vocals...
Fuck this dipshit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p_jS8uNs3rI

The original track

He reinvents himself and sometimes even the genre with each album.

So true. He keeps evolving and leaving behind each successful groove that he's created for himself. Most artists would just kick back in a successful formula and make a career out of it. Kanye's a legit artist.

IMO, best rapper alive. By far.

Nope.
the biggest cocksucker poser fag ever on this planet
Rapper?
lol, just a rich pussy, with a whiny autotune lack of any talent, nothing more
I bet some gangs would beat his scrawny ass!

Edited by Crash Diet