Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

Love the new shit that I've heard. Black Skin Head and New Slaves are both INSANE. When Watch The Throne came out, there were lots of critics upset that Ye and Jay hadn't put more social commentary into the record. This record seems to have, in addition to the standard Ye self-aggrandizing, a real hard-hitting and controversial message. I absolutely fucking love it. can't wait for the whole thing to drop.

Also I'm really disappointed that Chief Keef is on the album, I'm hoping his contribution is extremely small.

Meh. If Nicki and Ricky didn't ruin MBDTF, I'm not worried about this.

Deleted my previous post because Def Jam said it wasn't fully right but still, Keef is terrible. Nicki is a great rapper (regardless of what some of her releases would have you believe), she destroyed everyone else on Monster and her intro on Dark Fantasy suited the song.

Keef is in serious competition with Soulja Boy for the title of 'worst rapper ever'.

Also I'm really disappointed that Chief Keef is on the album, I'm hoping his contribution is extremely small.

Meh. If Nicki and Ricky didn't ruin MBDTF, I'm not worried about this.

Deleted my previous post because Def Jam said it wasn't fully right but still, Keef is terrible. Nicki is a great rapper (regardless of what some of her releases would have you believe), she destroyed everyone else on Monster and her intro on Dark Fantasy suited the song.

Keef is in serious competition with Soulja Boy for the title of 'worst rapper ever'.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I hear it. Kanye's got a pretty good track record with the people he brings in for guest appearances, so I'm not giving up hope.

not sure if this has been posted already, but Liam Gallagher was asked about Kanye West !

"I couldn't give a fuck what that fuckin' clown gets up to. Have you seen when he bumped his head? He's coming out of the gym with that bird and there are geezers taking pictures. You have to put your head up and carry on walking. He's gone [mimes putting his head down] and walked straight into a fucking pole. You hear it go "dink" and him tell people to stop taking pictures. Put your head up so you know what you're doing! Smashed his head up: he's a fucking idiot. You'll never see Jesus banging his head."

Edited by headshrinker

not sure if this has been posted already, but Liam Gallagher was asked about Kanye West !

"I couldn't give a fuck what that fuckin' clown gets up to. Have you seen when he bumped his head? He's coming out of the gym with that bird and there are geezers taking pictures. You have to put your head up and carry on walking. He's gone [mimes putting his head down] and walked straight into a fucking pole. You hear it go "dink" and him tell people to stop taking pictures. Put your head up so you know what you're doing! Smashed his head up: he's a fucking idiot. You'll never see Jesus banging his head."

Is there anyone Liam Gallagher does like? :lol:

The album is pretty crazy. Not as instantly impressive as MBDTF, but interesting to say the least.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/06/14/the-inside-story-of-kanye-wests-yeezus/

Pretty cool interview with Rick Rubin. He delves into just how last-minute the album was.