Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

13 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

And then yous lot have a go at me when i call him a wanker, i just can't like...concieve how you don't see it a mile off every time he opens his mouth.  I mean one should be able to seperate a man from his music true but there's comes a point where your actions/deeds/behaviour/ideas/opinions kinda make it difficult to appreciate your talent.  For example, Rolf Harris :D  I really honestly believe that he's the worst thing that happen to hip hop and he is heralding it's eventual demise, in another 10 to 15 years Kanyes are gonna be the standard for this genre and it's all gonna be over, i see Kanye as being a signpost of like, the 70s rock noodling generation who thought they were all way cool and 'experimental' when really they were just low on actual musical ideas and mistook the ability to use the language of music to meander as actual experimentation and forward-thinking work.

It's almost like a comedy sketch or some surrealist theatre, he is literally an absolute moron who thinks that he's like...some sort of artistic titan...and he's not even very good or good. 

• Like 2

I love how up in arms the presence of a Kanye thread on a GNR forum seems to get people.

edit: that isn't to say there's no valid criticism of the guy or anything like that. but asking things like when his 15 minutes are up (hint: he's not going anywhere) and posting memes are idiotic

Edited by Mansin Humanity
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2016 at 4:18 AM, Len B'stard said:

Oh, he's 'bi-polar' too? :lol:. Another one?  Well that makes sense of it, well why didnt anyone tell me, so hes actually medically batshit?  See i knew there was something, oh i feel bad for all the criticism now, he's not well.

No idea. But its not an uncommon disease :shrugs:

When asked about West's recent statements on Twitter, Rhymefest wrote, "My brother needs help, in the form of counseling," he said. "Spiritual and mental."

http://pitchfork.com/news/63523-rhymefest-says-kanye-west-needs-help/

Rhymefest used to work with Kanye, he actually wrote Jesus Walks.

Kanye's always been a little crazy but it's definitely a whole different thing now. Just look at his Twitter.

Edited by Jakey Styley

FSMH Pt.1 turning out to be one of my favorites on the album. I just love the Metro tag into the Cudi chorus with the choirs, and Kanye's melodies in the verses.

In other news, new album Turbo Grafx 16 this summer.

https://vid.me/8cgj

Closest Thing to Einstein (AKA Saint Pablo). Sick ass song.

Edited by Jakey Styley

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

A lot of random news lately. 3 albums a year or some shit?

Probably, He just released The Life of Pablo last month and I know he tweeted that he has another album coming in the summer.

I know a lot of people think Kanye is a huge asshole and all that but I will say this..

I saw him in 2013 on his world tour and wow does he ever put on a show, easily the best rap show I have ever been too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

His tweets aren't to be taken seriously. I'll even be surprised if we get the summer album this year.

Wolves was changed on Tidal to the version with Vic Mensa and Sia. Also some different percussion and stuff

Yeah people take him way too seriously but I do believe he will release another album this summer.

Apparently he has multiple unreleased songs with Kendrick & Drake.

40 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

He said he was gonna rework Wolves and looks like he came through

image.png

The Life of Pablo should have never came out when it did, wasn't fully completed yet.

I find it annoying that he keeps changing little things here and there.

Just release it and be done with it, most people seemed to have to liked the album in the first place.

• Like 1

It's one thing to improvise on songs live to give them a different flavour, but constantly altering songs completely undermines everything the album was meant to establish in the first place. What's the actual point of finally settling on an album title, having the shittiest artwork cover, and posting some kind of tracklist, only to go back in and perform surgery on it?

You might as well just not have an album title and release these songs as they're ready. Then Kanye can be like, "it's all out for everyone to hear" and let people interpret it themselves. That would be so much better as a representation of art, instead of the shitfit he's trying to shove out.

I know the album isn't technically released to the masses, unless you're on Tidal. But really, I don't need to get into that whole debacle either.

• Like 1