Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

[quote name="BetterDay7" post="4032387"

I am really excited, but have low expectations.

I don't think he'll ever top My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Perfect album. A classic.

I listened to MBDTF non-stop during a somewhat frenetic time in my life. I was obsessed with it!

Funnily enough I can't listen to it now. Not because I don't like it but cos it's too associated with that time and like an intense love affair, it's over for me! (It is still a great album though).

This is exactly the same as my experience with MBDTF. Great album, but I listened to it an absolute ton during a turbulent time in my life. So, I can't really properly listen to it anymore. Maybe later on. But not now.

That's quite a coincidence. Maybe it's just one of those zeitgeist albums... Apols for pretentious word use there. Maybe it hasn't got a long shelf life.

Every time I read up on what Kanye's been up to for the past x weeks it just makes me mad as a fan of his music.

New version of Say You Will? That's what you've been doing? Fuck off.

Give us the Charlie Wilson Flashing Lights. Give us Bound 1.

What's wrong with a new version of Say You Will if you're asking for another version of those songs? Believe me, I'd love to hear those too, but I don't see what the difference is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, that was pretty limp. It's like it's checking all the "rap" boxes on a checklist. Stock beat, sample was decent, and the regular "hey, I know popular culture" lines. It's so played. When's Kanye going to drop his next memorable track? No desire to listen to this again.