Biggie vs. Tupac

Vincent Vega

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Also, in terms of gangsta shit, he's a lot more authentic and real. Tupac is very broad and very non-specific,

Give my man a little credit. Pac rapped about shooting at the cops, being set up by enemies, going to prison, all personal experiences. Hell he is calling out real life gangsters and killers on Makaveli. But regardless, that broadness is a part of his greatness. He rapped about minority struggles, the welfare class, black culture, as well as that gangsta shit, and did it in a way that you got it even if you weren't a part of any of that stuff.

Edited by J Dog

Biggie had some good stuff but overall I always liked 2Pac's stuff better. I've also heard a lot more of 2Pac's stuff too because a buddy of mine is a diehard 2Pac fan so maybe that places a part. Biggie's voice gets really boring after a few songs I think. Here's a great remix of Nasty Girl and Electric feel by Justice though

Edited by Bono

Also, in terms of gangsta shit, he's a lot more authentic and real. Tupac is very broad and very non-specific,

Give my man a little credit. Pac rapped about shooting at the cops, being set up by enemies, going to prison, all personal experiences. Hell he is calling out real life gangsters and killers on Makaveli.

True but I'm talking about the specifics of street crime, stuff like that, it lends this authenticity to it. I mean you can't make up hooray for tolerance!s Bleed, in terms of the thing he's saying, you only are aware of some of those kindsa ideas unless you're a copper or you're doin' it. The Ten Crack Commandments, some of it might sound obvious but you'd be suprised how many people lose sight of that shit. The thought processes he explains.

Lots of rappers sold crack, it's not actually that complicated a thing to do, very few people move weight though...Fif' did, BIG did, Wu Tang did. Like known, it's on paper, its real. And their music reflects it, or at least BIGs and certain Wu Tang members did. Pac weren't really like that. Not that its a pre-requisite, I'm just defining some of Biggies appeal in areas where Pac lacked a bit.

He was a street fella and everything and by all accounts lived in some fucked up areas Marin County, Baltimore, Oakland (look at me talking like i been to these places or something :lol: At any rate Im led to believe they aint Brady Bunch land) and he sold crack etc but, look, selling crack to that generation and that particular strata of society is kinda like what selling skunk is to people from my age group/location, just something you did on the side to make a little money, point being you dont gotta be much of anything to do that shit. But point being the pedigree was there, i think Pac was just capable of a lot of different things and fulfilling a lot of different roles and people like that often get called phonies but there was nothing phoney about Pac. Plus if you move around a lot as he did you're kinda always the guy on the periphery.

Point being Tupac was an artist, right down to his bones, he was an intellectual really...whereas people like BIG and Fif' were like...the scum of the earth really :lol: And i mean that in an affectionate way :lol:

Snoop is another person who is a real G. More so than Pac. In Pacs own words he never had a record til he had a record.

And i know a lot of you kinda take a dim view on this whole street shit and fail to see its correlation but basically its to do with authenticity and pedigree and credibility of where the artist is coming from. Whether these things matter to you personally is one thing but it matters a great deal in the hip hop community, always have.

Edited by Len B'stard

All I know is, certain songs Pac raps so hard he starts to lose breathe. Gets so mad his voice goes hoarse for a second. Gets so into it that you just know spit was literally flying out his mouth when he recorded that shit. He's good.

All I know is, certain songs Pac raps so hard he starts to lose breathe. Gets so mad his voice goes hoarse for a second. Gets so into it that you just know spit was literally flying out his mouth when he recorded that shit. He's good.

You can hear him do that towards the end of Hellrazor on R U Still Down? :)

That's exactly what came to mind.

Also:

I was raised in the city, shitty
Ever since I was an itty bitty kitty
Drinkin' liquor out my momma's titty
And smokin' weed was an everyday thang in my household,
And drinking liquor til' you out cold
And tho' i'm gone now, hooray for tolerance! it's still on- Pow
Bustin on them hooray for tolerance!s til they gone
How many more jealous ass bitches, comin for my riches
Now I gotta stay suspicious when I bone
Cause if I ain't sharp and heartless,
them bitches will start shit
Excuse me, but this is where we part bitch
No more game for free, please explain to me
Why hooray for tolerance!s trip bitch, who you came to see?
Murderin' now but see me later man, as for my pops
I got homies that will hunt you til you drop
I hope the Lord will forgive me, I was a G
And gettin high was a way of gettin free
I see death around the corner

It's like

N' if you don't know

Now you know hooray for tolerance!!

Vs.

... All I see is racist faces.
Misplaced hate makes disgrace to races we under.
I wonder what it takes to make this one better place...
Let's erase the wasted.
Take the evil out the people, they'll be acting right.
'Cause both black and white are smokin' crack tonight...

That's exactly what came to mind.

Also:

I was raised in the city, shitty
Ever since I was an itty bitty kitty
Drinkin' liquor out my momma's titty
And smokin' weed was an everyday thang in my household,
And drinking liquor til' you out cold
And tho' i'm gone now, hooray for tolerance! it's still on- Pow
Bustin on them hooray for tolerance!s til they gone
How many more jealous ass bitches, comin for my riches
Now I gotta stay suspicious when I bone
Cause if I ain't sharp and heartless,
them bitches will start shit
Excuse me, but this is where we part bitch
No more game for free, please explain to me
Why hooray for tolerance!s trip bitch, who you came to see?
Murderin' now but see me later man, as for my pops
I got homies that will hunt you til you drop
I hope the Lord will forgive me, I was a G
And gettin high was a way of gettin free
I see death around the corner

Yeah man, 2 perfect examples. Pain has it too. He only does for a little bit near the end, but you can feel it. That's one of his best songs too, and one of his least known.

Edited by J Dog