Nine Inch Nails 2013 Tour / Hesitation Marks Thread

Zint

NIN.com Fan Club tickets are still available for all of these pre-sales right now besides Vancouver and Calagary: http://nin.tickets.musictoday.com/NineInchNails/calendar.aspx

Pre-sale ends on Thursday at 5PM local time, but these are the tickets that get you into the venue 15 minutes early, if that matters to you.

I'm thinking about Pitt but not sure yet. It's only a half hour longer drive than my usualy max (3-3.5 hrs), but I don't know. If I had someone else to definitely go to it I probably would, but I don't :(

• 1 month later...

amazing show for a festival, 21 songs, great visuals but pretty standard setlist. really liked the new track "find my way", minimal beat with Fragile-like ambiance by the end. trent was a little rusty i'd say, but he was very very good, specially on Hurt.

even playing songs like closer, hlah and hurt, it felt fresh and never nostalgic (gnr could learn a lesson), they brought back "sanctified".

i expect more deep cuts during tension 2013, these festivals are not a good way to judge the setlist. anyway, NIN is back and that's what matters.

Saw a good 45 minutes of the show.

Don't really know what to think really.

On the one hand, this current lineup plays the songs perfectly, but the show itself is a bit boring to watch outside of the visual effects...

I feel it's been the case since 2009 but particularly the case with this lineup. They litterally stand still, trying their hardest to do the songs justice.

Maybe it's time to move on from this band for me, but I feel there is no edge :/

Guest Manny Manner

Saw a good 45 minutes of the show.

Don't really know what to think really.

On the one hand, this current lineup plays the songs perfectly, but the show itself is a bit boring to watch outside of the visual effects...

I feel it's been the case since 2009 but particularly the case with this lineup. They litterally stand still, trying their hardest to do the songs justice.

Maybe it's time to move on from this band for me, but I feel there is no edge :/

I've always been interested in NIN studio releases, but for me it's never worked all that well in concert.

Trent had said he doesn't want to do the jumping and slamming into each other anymore, and trying to make it more of a sensory experience, prob. like Tool's shows. Maynard has the show set up where the band can easily keep going for another 20 years if they wanted.

What you're saying about it I kind of expected after seeing the HTDA set at Coachella.

I think Trent's just figuring out the course of NIN for now. It's probably going to let some people down, but for someone who wants to keep NIN ongoing, he has to figure a way to be able to keep going out there in his 50s and 60s, but more along the lines of Peter Gabriel and not KISS.

Yeah it makes sense.

It's just that even though I still like Trent, the main reason I loved Nine Inch Nails for a good decade was because, for me, Trent had managed to find the perfect balance between chaos, style, and subtlety.

Now that the chaos is completely gone and that the music is stripped down, I find it boring. I still like the sonorities and sound design but, frankly, it's the only reason I'm still listening.

That's ok though, I just have to move on. The Fragile NIN ain't coming back. :)

Edited by The Glow Inc.

amazing show for a festival, 21 songs, great visuals but pretty standard setlist. really liked the new track "find my way", minimal beat with Fragile-like ambiance by the end. trent was a little rusty i'd say, but he was very very good, specially on Hurt.

even playing songs like closer, hlah and hurt, it felt fresh and never nostalgic (gnr could learn a lesson), they brought back "sanctified".

i expect more deep cuts during tension 2013, these festivals are not a good way to judge the setlist. anyway, NIN is back and that's what matters.

I agree with everything you said. Sanctified being re-worked sounded amazing. Really liked the two new tracks as well. "Copy Of A" sounds really catchy.

Wellp, one kick in balls later my faith in coming album is restored. Couldn't stand studio version of Came back haunted...and this was before seeing the the epileptic bullshit video. Turns out the song kicks so much ass live. Find My Way and Copy Of A.. sound awesome as well. It brought warmth in my heart to AT LAST hear bit of a promise of Fragile era thickness of ambience going on. Been wanting that for decade and a half now almost:( God I'm old:(

It doesn't quite feel Nin is throwing a tour TR promised like a year back. " Something completely different" my ass. This is exactly what " Nin live in 2013" sounded like in mind of person trying to visualize such in 2009 while using as little imagination as possible.

.... Not a very valid reason to bitch considering how incredibly tight live incarnation TR almost always manages to throw. I bet it'll be a great tour..just not some mind blowing re-imagining of all and everything. But yeah I bet the new album's gonna kick ass.

Love Robin's backing vox in Came back haunted.

Some of the Find My Way lyrics:

you were never meant to see

all those things inside of me

now that you have gone away

i'm just trying to find my way

Please God let this be a concept album about aging rock star taking a look back at his own band, diminishing fame. youth spend together, memories of butt fucking Robin with microphone and proceeding to wonder what the fuck. Such album by Nin would make such a beautiful bedfellow with Bowie's New Day.

Here's first 90 mins of the entire Fuji show with pretty great sound quality. I'm loving this.

Edited by LTD

First time I actually got to listen to those other two new songs. They sound pretty good to me, but I don't like judging songs until I hear the studio versions.

Came Back Haunted sounds awesome live.

Hoping the full show turns up soon so I can download it. Was the whole thing even recorded?

EDIT: Wait, is this the whole show? I think it is.