Suggestion: Chinese Democracy 1.1 - The Chinese Democracy Re-Release

Fin

I didnt really invent it as this what was played at Best Buy opening. But the rocker, mid tempo, epic works well.

The thing with CD is its

Rocker

rocker

Mid tempo

Mid tempo

Mid tempo

epic

epic

After Better, SOD, ITW youre pretty done. with CD its like youre climbing a mountain. But UYI felt likea Rollercoaster. It was Schizo. AFD was basically all rockers.

Another way to listen to CD is

CD

Shacklers

Better

Scraped

Riad

IRS

TwAT

Thats almost like the first side of AFD. But the only problem is side 2 could put you on suicide watch.

Maybe it would not be that bad

Madagascar

SOD

ITW

Catcher in the Rye

Sorry

TIL

Prostitute

Edited by wasted

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beyond the obvious laughable idea of re-releasing this album almost 5 years later, why on Earth would you REMOVE songs from it? Much less, why would you remove the one song ("Better") that is almost universally regarded as the one song that bridges the gap between classic Guns N' Roses and "nuGuns?"

Why don't we re-release The Wall as one album?

Edited by themadcaplaughs

Beyond the obvious laughable idea of re-releasing this album almost 5 years later, why on Earth would you REMOVE songs from it? Much less, why would you remove the one song ("Better") that is almost universally regarded as the one song that bridges the gap between classic Guns N' Roses and "nuGuns?

I have already answered this. But alright, I'm willing to compromise after all;

Chinese Democracy 1.1

1. Chinese Democracy

2. If The World

3. There Was a Time

4. Riad n the bedouins

5. Sorry

6. IRS

7. Street of Dreams

8. Shacklers Revenge

9. Better

10. Catcher In The Rye

11. This I Love

12. Scraped

13. Madagascar

14. Prostitute

+ 2-3 b-sides

Could be pretty fucking great after all.

A re-release titled "Best of Chinese Democracy", or probably some more appropriate name, such as "Chinese Democracy 1.1" is perhaps what could finally seal the deal. This album deserves so much more recognition. In my not-the-least-humble opinion, a re-release is what could finally make it one of the best albums of all time.

Here´s the suggested new 10 track playlist;

1. Chinese Democracy

2. If The World

3. There Was a Time

4. Riad n the bedouins

5. Sorry

6. IRS

7. Street of Dreams

8. Madagascar

9. Catcher In The Rye

10. This I Love

The leftovers below are clearly good songs, but won´t make it the re-release;

Better: Overrated song. Simple as that.

Shacklers revenge: Pretty amazing solo, but apart from that, lacks a bit of soul imo.

Scraped: Good, not great.

Prostitute: I like the idea of that song more than I like the actual song.

This is something that has taken me hundreds of hours to figure out ever since the original album got out.

Was inspired to finally post something when the mod "Wasted" recently posted his suggestions for a new 14 track playlist.

Unlike (?) him though, I would prefer a 10 track album.

So you think the band should re-release an album that failed to meet expectations...........over releasing NEW music? That makes no sense at all.

Artists gain respect by releasing music. Most artists want to top their last album and not just ride on the coattails of past albums success.

CD sold about 3 million copies - was loved by some, hated by some, and a lot of people weren't interested. Rereleasing it isn't going to change anybody's mind or make millions of new people listen to it - five years later.

The only thing GnR needs to do know is release a new album. Or double album. Or box set. Axl, Beta and the kids need to let this current band have a chance to shine, give them a chance to imprint their talents onto the GnR legacy.

Re-releasing CD would be the worst thing Axl/Beta and the kids could do. The absolute worst thing.

Releasing NEW music would be the best thing and should be what they are working on right now.

A re-release titled "Best of Chinese Democracy", or probably some more appropriate name, such as "Chinese Democracy 1.1" is perhaps what could finally seal the deal. This album deserves so much more recognition. In my not-the-least-humble opinion, a re-release is what could finally make it one of the best albums of all time.

1. Chinese Democracy

2. If The World

3. There Was a Time

4. Riad n the bedouins

5. Sorry

6. IRS

7. Street of Dreams

8. Madagascar

9. Catcher In The Rye

10. This I Love

Shacklers revenge: Pretty amazing solo, but apart from that, lacks a bit of soul imo.

This is something that has taken me hundreds of hours to figure out ever since the original album got out.

Was inspired to finally post something when the mod "Wasted" recently posted his suggestions for a new 14 track playlist.

So you think the band should re-release an album that failed to meet expectations...........over releasing NEW music? That makes no sense at all.

Did he actually say he wanted this more than new music or are you just unable to relate to what people are actually writing?

1. Chinese Democracy

2. If The World

3. There Was a Time

4. Riad n the bedouins

5. Sorry

6. IRS

7. Street of Dreams

8. Madagascar

9. Catcher In The Rye

10. This I Love

Did he actually say he wanted this more than new music or are you just unable to relate to what people are actually writing?

Always with the insults. Weird you can't have a discussion without insulting people.

"""A re-release titled "Best of Chinese Democracy", or probably some more appropriate name, such as "Chinese Democracy 1.1" is perhaps what could finally seal the deal. This album deserves so much more recognition. In my not-the-least-humble opinion, a re-release is what could finally make it one of the best albums of all time.""""

OP thinks a rerelease of a five year old album would make it "one of the best albums of all time." Yes, that clearly sounds like he thinks the band should move on from CD and start working on releasing new material.

Soul, why don't you let your silly grudges go and just focus on chatting about GnR music. That's what this forum is about. Not ridiculing/educating and winning arguments.

1. Chinese Democracy

2. If The World

3. There Was a Time

4. Riad n the bedouins

5. Sorry

6. IRS

7. Street of Dreams

8. Madagascar

9. Catcher In The Rye

10. This I Love

OP thinks a rerelease of a five year old album would make it "one of the best albums of all time." Yes, that clearly sounds like he thinks the band should move on from CD and start working on releasing new material.

He didn't say anything about when this should happen and how in relation to other projects including the release of new material. Hell, it might even just be a hypothetical discussion on what should be done to elevate the status of CD some unspecified time in the future. Do you understand this?

Axl shuld rerecord the album & add DJ's playing instead of Robin Finch. I think he could include bonus tracks like the Ballad of death and Mi Amor. Have it like the band is today.

- Valentina

:rofl-lol:

Who is this?

Groghan! Don't fall prey to the TrollMonster! Please!

Axl shuld rerecord the album & add DJ's playing instead of Robin Finch. I think he could include bonus tracks like the Ballad of death and Mi Amor. Have it like the band is today.

- Valentina

Who is this?

Groghan! Don't fall prey to the TrollMonster! Please!

I was giving it one last chance!

He's a smart guy who knows a ton about GnR. Shame that he comes here to ridicule/educate/win arguments rather than just chatting about GnR. Don't worry Mags, I'm not getting pulled into his negativity. I tried to have a discussion with him...he instead chooses to insult and go off on weird tangents instead of just talking about the actual point. He loves to argue - I prefer to chat with fellow GnR fans.

I tried to have a discussion with him...he instead chooses to insult and go off on weird tangents instead of just talking about the actual point.

Funny you should say that because the actual point of this thread is what could be done to elevate CD to the status the OP feels it deserved. You were the one going off on a weird tangent when you interpreted the OP's post to mean he preferred a re-release of CD over making new music. Which, of course, led to some irrelevant rambling from you about new music/Team Brazil/the unproductivity of Axl and all these other things you obsess about and which comprise 95 % of your posts.

- Valentina

Who is this?

Maybe I'm paranoid, but it looks to me like trolling at its best.

Dios mío, que saquen un nuevo disco, ya mismo. (God, we need new music, now)

Yeah, an idea of re-releasing Chinese Democracy as 'The Best of Chinese Democracy' sounds like a desperate appeal.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

1. Chinese Democracy

2. If The World

3. There Was a Time

4. Riad n the bedouins

5. Sorry

6. IRS

7. Street of Dreams

8. Madagascar

9. Catcher In The Rye

10. This I Love

Artists gain respect by releasing music. Most artists want to top their last album and not just ride on the coattails of past albums success.

CD sold about 3 million copies - was loved by some, hated by some, and a lot of people weren't interested. Rereleasing it isn't going to change anybody's mind or make millions of new people listen to it - five years later.

The only thing GnR needs to do know is release a new album. Or double album. Or box set. Axl, Beta and the kids need to let this current band have a chance to shine, give them a chance to imprint their talents onto the GnR legacy.

Re-releasing CD would be the worst thing Axl/Beta and the kids could do. The absolute worst thing.

Releasing NEW music would be the best thing and should be what they are working on right now.

EXACTLY!

This thread should be deleted. It's total misrepresentation; there are going to be idiots here who see this title and go spouting it off elsewhere. "I heard there's gonna be a re-release of Chinese Democracy!"

Delete this thread.

Grogs vs. TrollMonster on every thread is very annoying.

Don't worry bro - I'm tired of it as well. In this thread I tried to have a civil discussion with the guy. I guess he ridiculed, educated and won the argument.........though not sure why there was an argument at all? From now I'm going to try and keep my discussions/opinions centered towards those who actually want to chat about GnR, and not those who just come here to argue with people. TrollMonster is all yours!!!!

This thread should be deleted. It's total misrepresentation; there are going to be idiots here who see this title and go spouting it off elsewhere. "I heard there's gonna be a re-release of Chinese Democracy!"

Delete this thread.

I second this