Update: BBF says GNR (STILL) "yet to write as a band."

frozen_rose

I have no idea how the music business goes, but as I said before, I am sure Axl has enough money not only to build his own studio, but to release his own album.

EDIT: what do you mean by that, Volcano?

Edited by TombRaider

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how the music business goes, but as I said before, I am sure Axl has enough money not only to build his own studio, but to release his own album.

But if he owes the label under contract he can't self release without being sued.

Look at the process which made AFD (and UYI, to a lesser extent):

Slash+Izzy writing together, giving the song to Axl. Slash+Axl writing together. Slash+Duff+Izzy writing together. Izzy writing along, then Slash and Axl working on it.

And now? You REALLY expect something incredible to come out of this?

BBF+DJ+Pitman, or Reed+Pitman, or Frank+BBF, or DJ+Reed..... None of these combos are proven to produce ANYTHING worthwhile. These are hired cover musicians, the end.

Not suprising, but man I know that if I was in a band touring all this time playing the same tunes without anything new being created or the hope of anything new being released anytime soon it must be boring. Money talks I suppose

This band can record a professional sounding album for 5000 bucks if it wanted to. If they did there would be no doubt people willing to release that shit in a heartbeat with them still holding all creative control.

Just saying.

Not sure their label would let just anyone release it. This potentially could be the problem, if Axl has bad blood with the label over CD or whatever I can imagine him not wanting them to profit from a new album which leaves everyone at a bit of an impasse.

Lol. I think you probably have that backwards. If there is trouble with the label, it's more likely the label not wanting to mess around with the circus that is Axl and Beta. And somebody on here posted once that Axl still thinks it's 1993 and that the label should bend over backwards to fullfil his every whim. BUT do we really believe that the label or Axl/Beta are that juvenile?

Dave Mustaine is reported to being a real arrogant prick in real life........but the dude still manages to put out a new album every two years.

The entire band doesn't have to come together and create 15 songs - especially with 8 guys in the band. Seems like the best solution would be to use the best of the best old CD songs, have each guy (or group) bring a few songs to the table.........and then the band get together and try and come up with a couple songs as a complete group.

Mustaine gets no label love at all. There is a reason Metallica is a household name and MG ain't. Mustaine don't play the game.

When you see GnR next month, can you show up early, meet with Axl and Beta, and explain to them what "game" it is you are talking about? Mustaine doesn't play the game (I agree with you) and still puts out an album every two years and releases something pretty much every year for his fans.

As a die-hard Axl fan, what is your opinion on why Axl and Beta have chosen to go the opposite route? Dave constantly puts out albums, EPS, compilations, videos, etc. The audience is there - CD sold over 3 million copies. So anything that GnR releases is going to turn a profit. why do you think those two bands operate completely different in regards to releasing music for their fans.

It all started between Youthanasia/Cryptic Writtings. "They" started telling Mustaine what to wear, what to play and how to do videos. With the success of Countdown they were on their way to being just as big as Metallica.

Lots of Megadeth videos were banned from MTV, A Tout Le Monde (both versions), Die Dead Enough etc....Mustaine's complaint is you have all this hip hop music talking about fuckin' bitches and shooting mofos but Megadeth videos were too much LOL

Metallica has full support and are one of the biggest bands in the world. Even though I love Load and Reload they clearly sold out and played nice with the label. They even sued their fans for downloading I Disappear

This band can record a professional sounding album for 5000 bucks if it wanted to. If they did there would be no doubt people willing to release that shit in a heartbeat with them still holding all creative control.

Just saying.

Not sure their label would let just anyone release it. This potentially could be the problem, if Axl has bad blood with the label over CD or whatever I can imagine him not wanting them to profit from a new album which leaves everyone at a bit of an impasse.

Lol. I think you probably have that backwards. If there is trouble with the label, it's more likely the label not wanting to mess around with the circus that is Axl and Beta. And somebody on here posted once that Axl still thinks it's 1993 and that the label should bend over backwards to fullfil his every whim. BUT do we really believe that the label or Axl/Beta are that juvenile?

Dave Mustaine is reported to being a real arrogant prick in real life........but the dude still manages to put out a new album every two years.

The entire band doesn't have to come together and create 15 songs - especially with 8 guys in the band. Seems like the best solution would be to use the best of the best old CD songs, have each guy (or group) bring a few songs to the table.........and then the band get together and try and come up with a couple songs as a complete group.

Mustaine gets no label love at all. There is a reason Metallica is a household name and MG ain't. Mustaine don't play the game.

When you see GnR next month, can you show up early, meet with Axl and Beta, and explain to them what "game" it is you are talking about? Mustaine doesn't play the game (I agree with you) and still puts out an album every two years and releases something pretty much every year for his fans.

As a die-hard Axl fan, what is your opinion on why Axl and Beta have chosen to go the opposite route? Dave constantly puts out albums, EPS, compilations, videos, etc. The audience is there - CD sold over 3 million copies. So anything that GnR releases is going to turn a profit. why do you think those two bands operate completely different in regards to releasing music for their fans.

Yep Dave still manages to give the label a big fuck you and still get his music out.

I don't know why GNR can't do this I do not have the answer....If I meet anyone I will try to get some info.

Edited by volcano62

As a huge Axl fan, as long as he keeps touring the 'greatest hits' I'm happy enough with that. Anyways a new album is still a long time away and after a (bit) disappointing CD album, not really excited anymore about hearing CD "part II"....

It all started between Youthanasia/Cryptic Writtings. "They" started telling Mustaine what to wear, what to play and how to do videos. With the success of Countdown they were on their way to being just as big as Metallica.

Lots of Megadeth videos were banned from MTV, A Tout Le Monde (both versions), Die Dead Enough etc....Mustaine's complaint is you have all this hip hop music talking about fuckin' bitches and shooting mofos but Megadeth videos were too much LOL

Metallica has full support and are one of the biggest bands in the world. Even though I love Load and Reload they clearly sold out and played nice with the label. They even sued their fans for downloading I Disappear

Just saying.

Yep Dave still manages to give the label a big fuck you and still get his music out.

I don't know why GNR can't do this I do not have the answer....If I meet anyone I will try to get some info.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

And now? You REALLY expect something incredible to come out of this?

BBF+DJ+Pitman, or Reed+Pitman, or Frank+BBF, or DJ+Reed..... None of these combos are proven to produce ANYTHING worthwhile. These are hired cover musicians, the end.

Err, some of these combos and similar combos did make Chinese Democracy, and although I am not a crazy fan of that album I do think some of the songs are great. I have full confidence in the current lineup being able to create great music even if it happens in smaller combos.

And this shouldn't shock anyone.

Yes, but why not? Why haven't they written any songs together? I thought that was the whole point of the Vegas residency?

The point of the Vegas residency was the same as the point for the touring for the last 2 years:

MONEY.

MONEY to fund their own album?

Who else is gonna pony up the cash? the label? Look how well that went for them last time.

The label dropped $14mil on democracy......I'd say the label provided plenty of support; who's fault is it that axl waisted it?

If Axl owes an album to Interscope he could get around it by releasing some live stuff etc as many bands do... OR he could just release CD leftovers.... OR he could get around it by making a record under his own name.........

Then write a new album with this "band".

I know, not gonna happen.

And then if we see a new album, it wouldn't surprise me if album sucks... CD took 15 years to make and now 5 years after CD there is not a single complete song for a fallow up. They didn't even try to write together as a band. Axl sounds like shit live. He sounds like beaten up mickey mouse while he sings WTTJ. Imagine how would he sound while he sings a song that's not as good as WTTJ. And i doubt that he has better ones for the next album... I guess I'lll find myself a new fav band...

Edited by Ana_1991

And then if we see a new album, it wouldn't surprise me if album sucks...

Stupid

Ok, I guess you know the new songs before they are even written. :awesomeface:

Judging by the Jackie Chan clip I'd say it will be far from sucking.

You see i'm a fan of the band on a fan forum and I will be surprised and shocked if it sucks.

Ana you post only once and awhile and every time you do it's negative and bitter. What's wrong ? Do you need someone to talk to? Someone run over your dog?

Edited by volcano62

chances of this band releasing new material grow more and more remote. :(

Why would they write new songs when there are already 30+ and a dozen new concepts from Dj?

Edited by NGOG

Stupid

You see i'm a fan of the band on a fan forum and I will be surprised and shocked if it sucks.

Ana you post only once and awhile and every time you do it's negative and bitter. What's wrong ? Do you need someone to talk to? Someone run over your dog?

I have a life! That's why I post once and awhile. And I don't see anything positive in GNR camp nowadays, therefore - negative comments.

Stupid

I have a life! That's why I post once and awhile. And I don't see anything positive in GNR camp nowadays, therefore - negative comments.

Posting once and awhile is ok, that's not the issue at hand...we all have a life but why come just to spread negativity? Why not come here to post when the new album is out (hopefully you will like it) and you have something positive to add?

Stupid

Posting once and awhile is ok, that's not the issue at hand...we all have a life but why come just to spread negativity? Why not come here to post when the new album is out (hopefully you will like it) and you have something positive to add?

If album comes out and if i like it, I'll post positive stuff. I can not keep posting how great Gn'R are when Axl sounds like shit. The rest of the band sounds ok. Not amazing, but ok. It's simple.

CD was like Axl showing us his true colors.

a journey through the soul of Axl Rose.

it's probably as good as he will get on his own.

but HE'S THE ARTIST.he should know where to go from here.

it's not over yet,there is still time,but not much.

the change needs to come from within.Axl needs to start caring again.

he's like a grim creature on automatic in these recent shows.

he needs to rid himself of latin mama and Ashba and the like.

in short,Axl needs to change NOW and then we can start over.

it's gonna take time,so NOW is a good time to start.