What if Axl dies tomorrow?

Gun N' Roses

To be honest, it wouldn't really affect my life very much. It seems that Axl really doesn't have much to offer the world these days. I mean he's got a travelling juke box band, but if I want to listen to AFD, I might as well just put on the record. There is nothing new coming out of this guy and he seems to have lost any desire for being an artist. It's almost as if he's dead already.

Guest charlie555

I imagine that Team Brazil would take a leaf from the Michael Jackson Estate Playbook and rape and pillage Axl's unreleased material to make as much as they can.

Undoubtedly 'Fermanaleech' and 'Fetter' are the beneficiaries in Axl's Will so we would probably hear new music, new DVDs, remastered AFD and UYI, an 'autobiography' would mysteriously surface, Axl Rose holograms at Coachella, just to name a few.

Probably the best chance we have at getting officially released material honestly. Milk that cow dry.

TBH that ginger teat has been suckled so much by a few Brazilians that the teat probably has gangrene. Could explain the bloating of late.

Axl died in 1990.. you can see his grave in the video Dont Cry...he drowned several times while swimming with the dolphins , jumping off of tanker ships or driving his car off of a cliff into the water...

You all got that subliminal message didnt you? metaphorically Axl was killing Axl off...

But seriously..if Axl died tommorow. He would be dead. And guess what? He would be two hours late to his own funeral.

That's the only way for us to get new material.

But for Christ's sake, Appetite Lies UYIs and TSI DON'T NEED TO BE REMASTERED. They butchered it once on the Greatest Hits CD.

But for Christ's sake, Appetite Lies UYIs and TSI DON'T NEED TO BE REMASTERED. They butchered it once on the Greatest Hits CD.

???

From what I remember they didn't do dick to those songs...

???

From what I remember they didn't do dick to those songs...

Oh yes they did. The Greatest Hits Cd wasn't advertised as remastered, but in fact it was. They added lots of compression to the tracks, compression that wasn't needed and that created few instances of clipping during the songs.

Here's some waveforms, on top original CD, on bottom GH CD.

Jungle :

481899Jungle.jpg

Civil War :

743450civil.jpg

This is very noticeable when you listen to the songs back-to-back. And this would be worse if they remastered it "officially".

I'm assuming it would be pretty big headlines. CD sales might go up. Team brazil would discuss how sad they are as they work on a plan to release tons of new material over a 5 year period. OId GnR would probably do some shows together with New GnR in Axl's honor, probably not under the GnR name as Team Brazil would never allow that. The new guys would go on to start their own band together and the old guys would start a band and go on tour with myles singing.

I'm assuming it would be pretty big headlines. CD sales might go up. Team brazil would discuss how sad they are as they work on a plan to release tons of new material over a 5 year period. OId GnR would probably do some shows together with New GnR in Axl's honor, probably not under the GnR name as Team Brazil would never allow that. The new guys would go on to start their own band together and the old guys would start a band and go on tour with myles singing.

CD sales might go up? Nah. Most likely the old albums, moreso than usual.