What if Axl dies tomorrow?

Gun N' Roses

From a career standpoint, I'd mourn the loss of infinite material that never saw the light of day from a person I consider the greatest frontman of the greatest American r&r band ever.

I'd view Axl's career post-mid '90s as wasted talent and wasted time.

The CD material speaks for itself. It's incredible. But he lost his way somewhere and seems to be content being a nostalgia act. That's completely OK, because it's one heck of a show.

Of course I'd be sad if Axl died.

And unfortunately, I think we'd see all the unreleased material surface and his management team would get paid.

Edited by GnR Chris

I would be very sad and it would probably seem unreal for awhile.

I would grieve for him and wish Axl had a longer life, but shit happens and it sucks sometimes, but you move on and be glad for at least having Axl for the time he was here.

I try not to think about people dying. I've lost so many loved ones in my life and I know one day my time will come, but I try not to dwell on it. I try to make the most of the time I have and just get through the days. lol

Mostly I think it would suck if Axl died. I think he's too young to die and a lot of people would miss him so much.

I wouldn't care, just like I didn't care when Jeff from Slayer died or when Dimebag got shot. It's not like I know these people. they're just... musicians whose work I happen to admire. But their being dead or alive doesn't affect me at all.

That's the only way for us to get new material.

But for Christ's sake, Appetite Lies UYIs and TSI DON'T NEED TO BE REMASTERED. They butchered it once on the Greatest Hits CD.

???

From what I remember they didn't do dick to those songs...

Oh yes they did. The Greatest Hits Cd wasn't advertised as remastered, but in fact it was. They added lots of compression to the tracks, compression that wasn't needed and that created few instances of clipping during the songs.

Here's some waveforms, on top original CD, on bottom GH CD.

Jungle :

481899Jungle.jpg

Civil War :

743450civil.jpg

This is very noticeable when you listen to the songs back-to-back. And this would be worse if they remastered it "officially".

Oh shit. Never knew. Haven't listened to gh since like 08, when my buddy had it in his car during a road trip, and I just didnt remember hearing a significant difference then. And also remember hearing the label claim they didnt touch the songs. But apparently...

If he dies tomorrow, don't think universal won't throw out every bit of material there is finished. Sadly that's the best chance we have to hearing new music.

I doubt they would release the new GNR material. Instead, they'd reissue all the old albums, maybe release the UYI concert doc, some demos and outtakes perhaps, maybe rerelease the ritz on bluray, etc. I don't think they'd want to further tarnish the GNR brand with hip hop piano ballads.

I honestly wouldn't give a shit. He's practically dead already.

Arnie you'd care. Losing Axl would be a shame (for alot of reasons). Dude wrote the soundtrack to alot of folks lives....he's a legend, yes he's a joke now, but he was epic at his peak.

Arnie you'd care. Losing Axl would be a shame (for alot of reasons). Dude wrote the soundtrack to alot of folks lives....he's a legend, yes he's a joke now, but he was epic at his peak.

Yeah, it would be pretty upsetting to me..

Not really.

Axl is and has been touring and putting on great shows for thousands of fans every concert.

He is "dead" in the aspect of releasing music to his millions of fans.

But in the real sense of the word, he is alive and apparently doing pretty well. Shows, vacations, hanging at parties. The guy is out living his life.

Instead of constantly focusing on the negative (you hate life, you hate people, you hate acdc, you hate led zep, you hate queen, you hate Lebron - every topic that you post in, it seems like the common theme is you hating on whatever the topic is) why not focus on the positive for a change?

Maybe we'd get all the live shows from the Use Your Illusion tour & unreleased material & anything else Team Brazil could make a profit from. Musicwise I suppose it would be more productive than now? :shock:

Sad thought, but unfortunately very true... :(

People die every day, life goes on. :shrugs:

I look at life the same way. Like I don't want to get morbid here, but people talk about the starving kids and Africa dying and stuff and I just shrug it off. It's not like they're directly effecting my life, so why should I really care? I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy.... :crazy:

Not really.

Axl is and has been touring and putting on great shows for thousands of fans every concert.

But in the real sense of the word, he is alive and apparently doing pretty well. Shows, vacations, hanging at parties. The guy is out living his life.

Instead of constantly focusing on the negative (you hate life, you hate people, you hate acdc, you hate led zep, you hate queen, you hate Lebron - every topic that you post in, it seems like the common theme is you hating on whatever the topic is) why not focus on the positive for a change?

Most thought James Gandolfini was doing just fine, as well.

Not really.

Most thought James Gandolfini was doing just fine, as well.

What an odd thing to say