Has it ever rained so heavily that you just felt like jumping over a table and into a cake?

TombRaider

Has it?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't get me wrong. I fucking love the November Rain video. But I've always wondered why the guy decided to jump over the table while aiming straight at the cake? Couldn't he have just hidden under the table? God knows how much money that cake was worth. :no: Of course, we could be talking about a storm of biblical proportions.

6:58 :laugh:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he not see the cake? How can you miss a big ass cake like that? He must've seen it, I'm sure. You gotta wonder what was going through his head. Fuck it, if it starts raining, I'm fucking jumping into that cake.

He was thinking "If I don't destroy this cake, Axl will eat it and will be too out of shape to continue the illusions tour." The man's a hero.

Edited by cooker

:rofl-lol:

May be a deadly storm and tornado. Why you haven't noticed the funeral but the cake?

The original song is November Storm.

Edit: Slash is my hero on that video, no one can top that even guitarists of RS, LedZep, name names. Just wow, Slash owned this song.

Edited by axlrod

That's what Axl explained to Bumble during their 20-Hour long conversation. Still a secret for us, sadly.

Huh?

I don't remember Slash ever saying he hated playing NR. He didn't like playing SCOM because he said it was too easy IIRC.

Don't get me wrong. I fucking love the November Rain video. But I've always wondered why the guy decided to jump over the table while aiming straight at the cake? Couldn't he have just hidden under the table? God knows how much money that cake was worth. :no: Of course, we could be talking about a storm of biblical proportions.

Or Slash playing electric guitar without electricity or amp? Or the church from the outside dessert scene being way too small to be the church from the inside scenes? :shades:

Or Slash playing electric guitar without electricity or amp? Or the church from the outside dessert scene being way too small to be the church from the inside scenes? :shades:

I like that over the cake-jump

He did?

I believe so, along with SCOM. Ill try to look it up in his book.

I can't seem to find it. I'm likely mistaken.

He admitted it took him a long time to warm up to SCOM because of it's history of being just a warm up exercise for him, but I don't think he ever flat out said he didn't like it. With November Rain and Estranged I think it was more he was fine with doing songs like that but got worried when those became the focus of the band since he wanted to stay more with AFD style hard rock. He just didn't want those types of songs to take over.

He admitted it took him a long time to warm up to SCOM because of it's history of being just a warm up exercise for him, but I don't think he ever flat out said he didn't like it. With November Rain and Estranged I think it was more he was fine with doing songs like that but got worried when those became the focus of the band since he wanted to stay more with AFD style hard rock. He just didn't want those types of songs to take over.

Slash: I hated that song because it was so stupid at first. I hated the guitar part. [stix (1992) Slash - Guitar From The Gut, Guitar For The Practicing Musician - Nov 1992]

Slash: I hated that song until after '88 or '89. [Velvet Revolver, Total Guitar #121 April 2004]

Edited by SoulMonster