famous musicians from your area in the world

Iron MikeyJ

since we are all products of our enviroment I thought it would be fun to share with others who else came from your neck of the woods. I am from the state of michigan in the ole' usa, here are other famous michiganders

alice cooper

mc5

grand funk railroad

bob segar

madonna

kid rock

eminem

stevie wonder

marvin gaye

dianna ross

jack white

thats all I can think of right now.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith Emerson of Emerson, Lake and Palmer grew up in the town I live now.

Where I grew up: Shed Seven and One Night Only.

I've lived in many different areas, Yorkshire has produced Def Leppard, Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys, etc but Yorkshire's massive so I can't claim for those.

The city I went to uni in has a house where Black Sabbath stayed for a few months before making it big. It's next door to the Institute for the Deaf, ironically.

The city I went to uni in has a house where Black Sabbath stayed for a few months before making it big. It's next door to the Institute for the Deaf, ironically.

Were they the only neighbors that wouldn't complain or did Black Sabbath doing their thing make the neighbor's place what it is now?

Guest Len B'stard

South east of england? Stones, Kinks, The Who, The Pistols, T Rex, David Bowie...all the good ones basically :D

since we are all products of our enviroment I thought it would be fun to share with others who else came from your neck of the woods. I am from the state of michigan in the ole' usa, here are other famous michiganders

alice cooper
mc5
grand funk railroad
bob segar
madonna
kid rock
eminem
stevie wonder
marvin gaye
dianna ross
jack white

thats all I can think of right now.

The Stooges, Big Proof, Obie Trice, George Clinton, Mary Wells ;)

Edited by sugaraylen

Long Island and San Diego have a LOT of music history.

My impression with Michigan was that Ann Arbor had one thing going on, and Detroit had a whole other thing going on. I don't know about on the Canadian side in Windsor, other than people turning 18 to get their drink on.

You could say the Eagles came out of Michigan because of Bob Seger and Glenn Frey working together in the late 60s, but leaving the Stooges off is criminal.

When it comes to Alice Cooper, it's debatable whether he's one of yours or a Zonie, he'd prob. say split the difference and cut himself in half.

Were they the only neighbors that wouldn't complain or did Black Sabbath doing their thing make the neighbor's place what it is now?

I like to think that Ozzy and co did their bit to help the deaf. :)

Bruce Springsteen

Jon Bon Jovi

Glenn Danzig

Adam Horovitz

Not hard to know where I'm from.

EDIT: Forgot, also Skid Row.

New Jersey!!!

Enrique Iglesias' father (who is also a very famous singer per se) is from my hometown. That's all I can say. :shrugs:

But I'm more proud of these 2 ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K93eIG5HSg

Edited by izzygirl

Guest Len B'stard

gg allin

I'd've put money on that actually :lol: he was raised in a shack with no electric and running water with a bible basher Dad who had graves dug for his whole family and had premonitions bout GG being christ, his real name was Jesus Christ Allin...is it like that round your way? I mean obviously not everybody but is there like...some creepy backwoods types knockin about?

gg allin

I'd've put money on that actually :lol: he was raised in a shack with no electric and running water with a bible basher Dad who had graves dug for his whole family and had premonitions bout GG being christ, his real name was Jesus Christ Allin...is it like that round your way? I mean obviously not everybody but is there like...some creepy backwoods types knockin about?

where he was raised is about 2hrs from where i am. where iam you never meet anyone that is like that. my state is the second least religious state in the country. 4 of the top 5 are all new england states.

the further north you go the more sparse the population and more people who do live in the backwoods, so there may be more looneys up there :lol: to tell you truth i met more crazy backwoods types in the part of florida i used to live in, those guys make gg allins dad look sane :lol:

gg allin

where he was raised is about 2hrs from where i am. where iam you never meet anyone that is like that. my state is the second least religious state in the country. 4 of the top 5 are all new england states.

the further north you go the more sparse the population and more people who do live in the backwoods, so there may be more looneys up there :lol: to tell you truth i met more crazy backwoods types in the part of florida i used to live in, those guys make gg allins dad look sane :lol:

I thought GG and Adam Sander were both from Manchester NH

I'm pretty sure George Thorogood is the only famous musician to ever come from Delaware. He went to high school at the school that's about a five minute walk from my house, which I guess is kinda cool.

All the way on the other side of the state? Anyone more local?

BTW, I saw George Thorogood a few years ago and expected a nice little evening but was blown away by just how fucking great he was! He moves around as much as Mick Jagger.

I'm pretty sure George Thorogood is the only famous musician to ever come from Delaware. He went to high school at the school that's about a five minute walk from my house, which I guess is kinda cool.

All the way on the other side of the state? Anyone more local?

BTW, I saw George Thorogood a few years ago and expected a nice little evening but was blown away by just how fucking great he was! He moves around as much as Mick Jagger.

I was about to reply to that first sentence seriously before realizing it was probably a joke. :P

I've never actually seen him live, despite him probably being more popular here than anywhere else in the world (I hear his stuff multiple times a day on the radio, and the radio hosts all seem to love him). I think he's doing some local show that the radio station is funding, which would be cool to see. I think Heart's going to be there, too.