famous musicians from your area in the world

Iron MikeyJ

Enrique Iglesias' father (who is also a very famous singer per se) is from my hometown. That's all I can say. :shrugs:

Aah, Julio! My aunt loved him! :lol:

Very famous in my country as well.

Edited by MBRose

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enrique Iglesias' father (who is also a very famous singer per se) is from my hometown. That's all I can say. :shrugs:

Aah, Julio! My aunt loved him! :lol:

Very famous in my country as well.

Seriosuly? I thought it was only in Spain and South America. And yes, all aunts love him. :D

I thought GG and Adam Sander were both from Manchester NH

sandler was originally from new york but moved to manchester when he was 5. gg i guess was born in lancaster, and is buried in littleton. i have been to littleton quite a few times, but never heard of gg allin until lenny mentioned him some time ago.

Lots of big name jazz musicians from Rochester. Also:

Joey Belladonna (Syracuse/Oswego)

Ronnie James Dio (Cortland)

Lou Gramm (Rochester)

Think there's some others that are escaping me. I know Sammy Hagar has lots of family in Rochester but I don't think he's actually from here...

INXS
Kylie Minogue
Phil Rudd from AC/DC (lives in the next suburb to me, my brother in law went out with his sister Kate before he married my sister. :lol:)
No one else worth mentioning.

Oh and Brody from The Distillers (whoever the fuck they are, Len just told me. :lol:)

Holy fucking Christ!!!!! How could I have forgotten Nick Cave? The best of all of them! *redhead and now redfaced*

Edited by Redhead74

sandler was originally from new york but moved to manchester when he was 5. gg i guess was born in lancaster, and is buried in littleton. i have been to littleton quite a few times, but never heard of gg allin until lenny mentioned him some time ago.

I heard about him being called the "Madman of Manchester", so it's either due to him living there for a while or doing a notorious show there.

Brad Delp of Boston also lived and died somewhere in NH.

Edited by dalsh327

Long Island and San Diego have a LOT of music history.

My impression with Michigan was that Ann Arbor had one thing going on, and Detroit had a whole other thing going on. I don't know about on the Canadian side in Windsor, other than people turning 18 to get their drink on.

You could say the Eagles came out of Michigan because of Bob Seger and Glenn Frey working together in the late 60s, but leaving the Stooges off is criminal.

When it comes to Alice Cooper, it's debatable whether he's one of yours or a Zonie, he'd prob. say split the difference and cut himself in half.

ya i forgot iggy, damn me! its hard to remember them all. I think members of journey are from michigan also. "just a small town girl.... just a city boy, born and raised in south detroit." but idk for sure. also I forgot smokey robinson. basically all of the good motown artists other than the jackson 5, Indiana claims them. Edited by Mike420

Steven Adler! :awesomeface:

He was born in Cleveland. I live near Cleveland. rock3

- The Pretenders: Akron, Ohio (Even closer to where I live)

- Rascal Flatts: They aren't from where I live, but before they got famous they used to play in the small town I grew up in.

- Wild Cherry: Mingo Junction, Ohio

- Bow Wow

- Nine Inch Nails

Oh, and my mom grew up right next door to Lafayette, Indiana. She could've known Axl and/or Izzy!

Edited by Gun N' Roses

INXS

Kylie Minogue

Phil Rudd from AC/DC (lives in the next suburb to me, my brother in law went out with his sister Kate before he married my sister. :lol:)

No one else worth mentioning.

Don't take this as a jab against you or your sister, because it's not, as your sister obviously came later, but how did he allow himself to fuck that one up? :lol:

I heard about him being called the "Madman of Manchester", so it's either due to him living there for a while or doing a notorious show there.

Brad Delp of Boston also lived and died somewhere in NH.

yeah he killed himself in atkinson, new hampshire. sucks he is one of my all time favorite singers.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience are also another London band.

calling the jimi hendrix experience a "british band" or "london band " is B.S. in my book. But so is calling them an "american" band. They were a global band imo. The experience may of gotten big in England first, but Hendrix was going to be found eventually anyways imo. He was just meant to be. He was from Seattle, but played on the southern blues circuit, then got famous in England. Hendrix defied logic, plain and simple. He did it all.

South east of england? Stones, Kinks, The Who, The Pistols, T Rex, David Bowie...all the good ones basically :D

since we are all products of our enviroment I thought it would be fun to share with others who else came from your neck of the woods. I am from the state of michigan in the ole' usa, here are other famous michiganders

alice cooper

mc5

grand funk railroad

bob segar

madonna

kid rock

eminem

stevie wonder

marvin gaye

dianna ross

jack white

thats all I can think of right now.

The Stooges, Big Proof, Obie Trice, George Clinton, Mary Wells ;)

Lol icp

The Jimi Hendrix Experience are also another London band.

calling the jimi hendrix experience a "british band" or "london band " is B.S. in my book.

I don't care, y'think I care?

They were British; I cite some old vinyl in this record shop that had the Union Jack on it and a map of the British Isles or something outlined, I think, and among all of the people on it was The Jimi Hendrix Experience lol - not to mention their formation here.

:) Don't think I don't see what you mean, as a musician, he wasn't from London, but his band/that band/The Jimi Hendrix Experience were/are, in my book; that is.

Edited by Snake-Pit

The biggest name from my city is Neil Peart (born and raised) even though Rush is technically from Toronto.

Also, if anyone is familiar with City & Colour and/or Alexisonfire, Dallas Green is from my city and even went to my same high school a few years ahead of me.