AXL ORIGINAL VOICE

axlrod

Who do you think he is mimicking in that first vid? I'm sure he was influenced by someone else to sing that way before finding his own sound lol.

Yeah, like most singers. They try different styles then find their own if they're good enough.

Earlier Rush albums, Geddy sounds like Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin, so I'm glad he found his voice.

Axl sounds like he was trying to sing at a lower key. Glad he found his voice with his screams and higher notes. I love how Axl can change his voice for different songs. But you just know it's Axl everytime.

As for how close slash and Axl were in the earlier years, who really knows? I mean being onstage is such a great feeling that you can be with someone you hate and still have fun! Axl has said he didn't like Slash from the start, but I'm sure they had some moments. A lot of bands are just band mates and not really friends. I mean every Kiss member has his own bus. Mick doesn't ride with the Stones. I think maybe A7X are one of a kind band because they were all friends from the time they were kids. Now without the Rev it might be different and most of the married, but those guys were tight for a long time.

Who knows if Axl and slash ever hung out in everyday life? I doubt it.

More impressive to me are these vocals from early Gn'R. It's also amazingo to watch how close Axl & Slash were back then... :)

I haven't watched that for so long. Thanks for reposting it. The beginning with the two of them is adorable.

More impressive to me are these vocals from early Gn'R. It's also amazingo to watch how close Axl & Slash were back then... :)

I haven't watched that for so long. Thanks for reposting it. The beginning with the two of them is adorable.

I had forgotten this existed! I agree, it's so adorable. And quite depressing, in hindsight.