Kanye West likens himself to Axl Rose

Jakey Styley

According to Kanye, he was drawn to the recording studio when he was told that he’d be allowed to attend one Paris Fashion Week runway show only if he chose not to attend any other shows during the semi-annual fashion fete.

“So the next day I went to the studio with Daft Punk, and I wrote ‘I Am a God,’Sh” Kanye revealed. “Cause it’s like, Yo! Nobody can tell me where I can and can’t go. Man, I’m the No. 1 living and breathing rock star. I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix. You can’t say that you love music and then say that Kanye West can’t come to your show! To even think they could tell me where I could and couldn’t go is just ludicrous. It’s blasphemous—to rock ’n’ roll, and to music.”

Rest of the article: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.24436/title.kanye-west-s-i-am-a-god-inspired-by-paris-fashion-week-incident

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wonder why people hate Kanye's honesty, yeah, he's a bit arrogant but he's honest about it. In the world of show business where people constantly try and an portray themselves to be nicer and more down-to-Earth than they actually are, Kanye's shameless honesty is refreshing.

Well, he's not wrong. Who were they to say where he could and couldn't go?

Whatever. I don't let Kanye's narcissistic and egotistical comments get to me, nor should I let them. He's no more of a "wanker" than a lot of other artists who request cubed cheese instead of sliced, in my opinion. :shrugs:

Kanye is the Axl Rose of hip hop, hands down. I've always seen it this. It's the holy trinity of popular music: Guns N' Roses representing rock, Kanye West representing Hip Hop and Daft Punk representing Dance/Eletronica. They're on a league of their own.

And yeah... I like Kanye's honesty. He's not some mellow buttlicker that doesn't give his honest opinion about something in order to please the press/media/fans and other artists. That's how it should be. Like Kanye and Liam Gallagher.

He is more of a rock star than most rockstars nowadays, including veteran rockstars.

Well, he's not wrong. Who were they to say where he could and couldn't go?

So if somebody wants to come to your house and you tell them "you can come by Thursday night, but that's it"..................don't YOU have the right to dictate who you allow into your home????? Kayne is saying that nobody should be allowed to have that power. HE should be able to come and go as he chooses. Because he is a God, a rock star, etc.

What do you think would happen if YOU and your buddies showed up at Kayne's house every night. Would he let you in or would he call security to keep you out?