Ashba almost killed, advised to start smoking again

OptimusPrimeNL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah, 33 packs a day? That's insane.

And he plans to keep this story from the press by posting it on a Facebook comment? Huh?

Or is this inbox?

I think somebody send him a personal message on facebook why he started smoking again...

Edit: I think he posted this as a comment on a Instagram photo

Edited by OptimusPrimeNL

Not sure why this is the one thing he wanted to keep quiet. If dangerous shit is being sold as a stop smoking aid then i would have thought he could have put his twitter hashtags to good use and warned people or campaigned for better regulations. Glad he is okay though.

Not sure where this came from, or why it was posted etc etc etc

but...

This is the EXACT same thing he told my wife and I when I asked him why he was smoking again in Buffalo. I was liked holy shit! He is smoking again but not as much as before.

I dunno but given that nicotine is deadly I find it hard to believe that he was inhaling the equivalent of 33 packs. It's not the first time he's been accused of b.s. and I'm sure not the last.

You get sick of you inhale that much nicotine. It's impossible that he was smoking 33 packs per day for 9 months, truely impossible. He would be vomiting non-stop.

Seems like he's talking about electronic cigarettes. Interesting.

I heard lots of bad things about them...it's probably safer to smoke real cigarettes.

I'm so badass I almost died smoking fake cigs, now pls buy Ashba swag pls

Reported.
Hahaha axls bitch boy at it again. You think he's gunna see your posts and take you around the world like jarmo, you got another thing comin..

:rofl-lol:

I have said this before, yes cigs are dangerous and kill people however they are regulated. E-cigs are not, there are Zero regulations and we have no idea what is in them (most come from China) Do you trust China? I don't mind buying Chinese stuff from time to time however nothing I eat, drink or inhale ...

Myth #3 ‐ Electronic Cigarettes all contain anti‐freeze.
FALSE.
Where it comes from:
In 2009,the FDA released a press statement claiming that they tested electronic cigarettes and found diethylene glycol, an ingredient in antifreeze.
Why it’s wrong:
Independent labs extensively tested other electronic cigarettes and found no evidence of diethylene glycol, the toxic component of anti‐freeze claimed to have been found in the brands the FDA tested. To further the confusion, electronic cigarette liquid is made of propylene glycol, an ingredient recognized as safe for human consumption by the FDA. While propylene glycol is sometimes used in anti‐freeze, it is an additive intended to make it LESS harmful if accidentally swallowed.
The FDA tested just 18 cartridges,fromonly two companies.Out of those 18, just one tested positive for “about 1% diethylene glycol.” Because so many other tests failed to find diethylene glycol,many experts conclude that the single sample may have been contaminated in some other way. By no means is it considered a standard ingredient in electronic cigarettes.
If electronic cigarettes did contain anti‐freeze,there would be news reports about the thousands of electronic cigarette owners suffering from diethylene glycol poisoning and that is not the case. To date, after five years on the market worldwide,there have been no such reports.
Myth #5 ‐ Electronic cigarettes may be more addictive than regular cigarettes.
FALSE.
Where it comes from:
The infamous FDA testing showed that the levels of nicotine found in the cartridges varied from the advertised amount. Also, traces of nicotine were found in cartridges labeled as “no nicotine.” Critics claim that means electronic cigarette users may be inhaling too much nicotine and causing them to become even more addicted.
Why it’s wrong:
Two independent tests, the one by Dr. Laugesen and one by Dr. Thomas Eissenberg at Virginia Commonwealth University, showed that electronic cigarette vapor does not deliver nicotine as “efficiently” as tobacco smoke and actually delivers nicotine in lower amounts than tobacco smoke.
Additionally, smokers tend to “self‐regulate” their intake, as seen by how many cigarettes a smoker uses in a day. When the need for nicotine is met, the smoker – or in this case, the electronic cigarette user – no longer has a craving and ceases consumption. The fundamental behavior of nicotine addiction just doesn’t support the claims of increasing the addiction in that manner.
Edited by SlashLP

I have said this before, yes cigs are dangerous and kill people however they are regulated. E-cigs are not, there are Zero regulations and we have no idea what is in them (most come from China) Do you trust China? I don't mind buying Chinese stuff from time to time however nothing I eat, drink or inhale ...

What has China got to do with Ashba being at minimum, flexible with the truth?

Find me one medical practitioner from the Western world that says it's ok to smoke cigarettes as opposed to using the numerous quit aids out there.

I'm certainly no doctor but I can safely say that he would no longer be alive if he had the equivalent of 33 packs a day worth of nicotine in him for any amount of time.

The man simply isn't telling the truth.

Edited by PerthGNR

I agree, they would offer of solutions, like nicotine gum or the patch, before telling you to smoke cigarettes...and you wonder why this clown was bullied as a child

This.

DJ's really one cool tough moffo - I mean the guy can take nicotine & whatever poisoning like a champ and amaze the medical community at the same time. Ashba is the ultimate american hero! :shades:

Edited by trqster