Ashba almost killed, advised to start smoking again

OptimusPrimeNL

He is known in the musicians world as one of the biggest drama queens and attention whores there is. The fact he is trying to look like a 16 year old emo boy while he is in his 40s should ring a bell.

He has very good connections with the industry people that are in positions of power, which also had to do with the fact he was a loverboy for them during the 90s, hence the effortless exposure. Has nothing to do with his abilities or 'talent'.

Please tell us more. This is something new to me. But not surprising.

What do you want to know?
It's nothing new: the industry is filled with people who are where they are not because of talent but because they sucked a lot of dick, got fucked or provided someone to fuck, or because they are Jewish and the industry is mainly run by Jews and I am Jewish so no anti-semitism there, just fact. For instance, one known Jewish producer I work for will not work with non-Jewish session musicians, full stop. So he gets me and 5 other Jewish ones. Thal also got many jobs because he is Jewish.
Ashba used to be the guy that sucked/fucked powerful industry folks in the early/mid 90s, he is bisexual so no big deal for him. He got in the spotlight because of those connections, got his loyal fanbase and since then does his own thing, which is playing very average guitar that thousands on YouTube can easily surpass. But connections, branding and image is worth much more than authentic abilities. It has it's price. The figurative selling your soul to the devil thing.
The folks claiming this are credible people behind the scenes who would know and have no reason to make it up. They also said Axl used to prostitute himself in the mid 80s to industry folk, to get in the big league. Those same people claim the Beatles' manager Epstein and his industry buddies used to drop acid in John Lennon's and Paul McCartney's drinks and fuck them all night in a gay orgy then have naked girls (read prostitutes) laying in their bed when they woke up, so they would think they did it all night with the girls and they were hallucinating the cock/serpents in their face.
Irony being the rock world is being promoted as this very masculine hetero world with hot girls everywhere, while it is gayer than the pop/disco world could ever dream of being. Overcompensation at work.
What was the question again? Oh yeah.

I don't know if I believe a word of them, but I love your posts. :lol:

Me too. I don't even care if they are true. They are pure entertainment.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a simple case of 'I am gonna quit a bad habit and want the whole world to compliment me on it, by posting it on Facebook', followed by a 'oops, I did not succeed in my good intensions to quit the bad habit, and now I need to do some damage controll because I told everybody I would quit, however erveryone will know of my failure eventually'.

We had the most dangerous band in the world living on the edge by doing sex, drugs, & rock n roll....who turned into the band advertised as the most dangerous in the world by doing red bull & jaeger, hot sauce, and Marlboro LIGHT. Dear Darren Jay, you don't need to act up against the old GNR image of the '80/'90.....it's even considered uncool nowadays to harm your own health the way they did back then. Be yourself instead of a PG13 rated version of '80/'90 GNR. Hell, even Slash quit smoking.

Slash doesn't drink or smoke anymore cause he's got some serious heart condition due to major substance abuse back in the day....nothing to do with 'voluntary' options.

Ashba is a great guitar player imo and fits very well into Axl's band, but sometimes he just tries too hard to be cool like his idol Slash.

Edited by trqster

I think he's exaggerating, but he's not lying. I live in the Netherlands and over here they warn us about buying cheap cigarettes if you want to visit countries like Poland.

countries like Poland?

Ones full of donkey shit and poor people. :lol:

u're rite, lickin' golden thrones and old ladies are waay cooler :D
Sorry buddy, no offence intended. :lol:

jk too mate, it was just my polish nature to destroy, be mad and drink % :D

You're not fuckin' wrong mate! I bought some of this polish bison grass vodka at the weekend and it's fookin' lethal! :lol:

You're not fuckin' wrong mate! I bought some of this polish bison grass vodka at the weekend and it's fookin' lethal! :lol:

haha, Zubrowka, yeah, try it with apple juice man :)

He is known in the musicians world as one of the biggest drama queens and attention whores there is. The fact he is trying to look like a 16 year old emo boy while he is in his 40s should ring a bell.

He has very good connections with the industry people that are in positions of power, which also had to do with the fact he was a loverboy for them during the 90s, hence the effortless exposure. Has nothing to do with his abilities or 'talent'.

Please tell us more. This is something new to me. But not surprising.

What do you want to know?
It's nothing new: the industry is filled with people who are where they are not because of talent but because they sucked a lot of dick, got fucked or provided someone to fuck, or because they are Jewish and the industry is mainly run by Jews and I am Jewish so no anti-semitism there, just fact. For instance, one known Jewish producer I work for will not work with non-Jewish session musicians, full stop. So he gets me and 5 other Jewish ones. Thal also got many jobs because he is Jewish.
Ashba used to be the guy that sucked/fucked powerful industry folks in the early/mid 90s, he is bisexual so no big deal for him. He got in the spotlight because of those connections, got his loyal fanbase and since then does his own thing, which is playing very average guitar that thousands on YouTube can easily surpass. But connections, branding and image is worth much more than authentic abilities. It has it's price. The figurative selling your soul to the devil thing.
The folks claiming this are credible people behind the scenes who would know and have no reason to make it up. They also said Axl used to prostitute himself in the mid 80s to industry folk, to get in the big league. Those same people claim the Beatles' manager Epstein and his industry buddies used to drop acid in John Lennon's and Paul McCartney's drinks and fuck them all night in a gay orgy then have naked girls (read prostitutes) laying in their bed when they woke up, so they would think they did it all night with the girls and they were hallucinating the cock/serpents in their face.
Irony being the rock world is being promoted as this very masculine hetero world with hot girls everywhere, while it is gayer than the pop/disco world could ever dream of being. Overcompensation at work.
What was the question again? Oh yeah.

I dont know about acid gay orgies, but i remember reading David Bowie's ex wife's book Backstage Passes: Life On the Wild Side with David Bowie and she confirms some gay stuff going on with Epstein and the Beatles. and Bowie himself never denied his bisexuality

The folks claiming this are credible people behind the scenes who would know and have no reason to make it up.

Fucking who? Not that I disbelieve every part of what you said, but what kind of sources are you talkin about here? This sentence right here has me more skeptical than any of the "who got fucked by the producer" claims. That said, those other people are right, your posts are at least entertaining, making you a better class of 'insider' than BBA.

Edited by Flayer

I have said this before, yes cigs are dangerous and kill people however they are regulated. E-cigs are not, there are Zero regulations and we have no idea what is in them (most come from China) Do you trust China? I don't mind buying Chinese stuff from time to time however nothing I eat, drink or inhale ...

What has China got to do with Ashba being at minimum, flexible with the truth?

Find me one medical practitioner from the Western world that says it's ok to smoke cigarettes as opposed to using the numerous quit aids out there.

I'm certainly no doctor but I can safely say that he would no longer be alive if he had the equivalent of 33 packs a day worth of nicotine in him for any amount of time.

The man simply isn't telling the truth.

No credible doctor would, but there are a lot of quacks out there.

"that I bought in a mall in Poland", I've been to Poland and no offense, I wouldn't buy drugs or fake cigarettes in any mall without consulting a doctor, but I guess that's where Americans love to shop, in the mall! Lesson learned the hard way, I do hope he manages to quit the nasty habit but that would mean giving up playing with a cigarette in his guitar... Difficult choice, someone start a poll please! :tongue2:

Edited by Bumblefeet

haha, Zubrowka, yeah, try it with apple juice man :)

i used to like Zubrowka

I can believe the part about being told to smoke normal cigarettes again. My old neighbour was a 2 pack a day smoker.. one day she decided to quit and go on the patches. She went in to shock about a week later and was admitted to hospital from nicotine withdrawals.. she was advised to smoke until she was down to about 10 smokes a day then go on the patches. But the equivalent of 33 packs a day is a bit much....

Nothing against DJ but I have to admit this story sounds like complete and utter bollocks. Unless he was implying that he picked up some kind of illegal, tampered foreign product (i.e. not a legitimate e-cigarette but a cheap imitation that wasn't made correctly), then there's no way it could be plausible. Even then, 33 packs a day? A doctor recommending you continue smoking instead of offering stable medical withdraw solutions? Sounds like an exaggeration, to say the least.

Nothing against DJ but I have to admit this story sounds like complete and utter bollocks. Unless he was implying that he picked up some kind of illegal, tampered foreign product (i.e. not a legitimate e-cigarette but a cheap imitation that wasn't made correctly), then there's no way it could be plausible. Even then, 33 packs a day? A doctor recommending you continue smoking instead of offering stable medical withdraw solutions? Sounds like an exaggeration, to say the least.

why do they have to be illegal e-cigs? E-cigs are not regulated at all anywhere that I know of. At least here there are new ones all the time, tons of different kinds, different flavours etc etc etc

Edited by gunsguy

why do they have to be illegal e-cigs? E-cigs are not regulated at all anywhere that I know of.

fair enough, point still stands that perhaps in other countries cheap versions would have less regulation/quality standards than in the states. or whatever.

sort of like supplements, FDA has no regulation over them so they can kinda put whatever they want in them.

however that doesn't mean they can just poison people either, so if this were a legitimate e-cigarette they would certainly be under fire by now. that's all i meant with my post, when i said "illegal" - i should have just said "disreputable" or "shady." whether they're fully safe or not i imagine most popular e-cigarettes don't pack the nicotine punch of 33 packs.