Ashba almost killed, advised to start smoking again

OptimusPrimeNL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was fortunate to get the right kind of help. It is good to hear that he is doing fine.

I am not a smoker, but I was curious enough to do some googling. They might have checked

the nicotine levels in his blood or they could have just looked at the e-cigarette package.

There seems to be a formula which says cigarette’s nicotine level 0,3 mg multiplied by 20

equals 6 mg/ml of nicotine liquid. The normal e-cigarettes have something like 9-24 mg/ml,

but even solutions as strong as 75mg/ml are available. There could have been something

mechanically wrong with the e-cigarette or the liquid might have been very strong 75 mg/ml

(or stronger) when he thought he was smoking some mild 9 mg/ml version.

They all have antifreeze, propylene glycol, in them which is supposed to be safe and

it is used in a lot food products. The toxic antifreeze is called diethylene glycol and

that chemical has actually killed people http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_cough_syrup.

The US FDA (Food and Drug Administration) found this toxic kind of antifreeze from

two popular e-cigarette brands.

There are thousands of cancerous chemicals in cigarettes, but I guess after a nicotine overdose

or some other chemical reaction, maybe it is better to stick to something familiar to his body.

Gunsguy, there are all kinds of regulations here related to e-cigarettes, the ones with nicotine in them.