The SOCCER Thread 2013/2014

The Sandman

Guest Len B'stard

Villa's September and October is pretty daunting.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Everton, QPR and Tottenham in a row.

Not so difficult after Everton to be fair :P

Villa's September and October is pretty daunting.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Everton, QPR and Tottenham in a row.

Not so difficult after Everton to be fair :P

By that time I full expect is to have sacked Pochettino and have promoted Freund to first team coach :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Question for all the people not from England, in all seriousness here, how much, if at all, is George Best rated in your country?

I don't know that much of football, obviously. I only know him from that film and wasn't he the drunk and womanizer ? Don't be mad if I got it completely wrong, I didn't cheat and haven't googled it :scared:

I know he was (is?) very popular in England though.

Guest Len B'stard

It was to settle an argument between myself and a United fan friend who insists that Georgie Best is as popular abroad as he is in England, which I am denying. So yeah, your answer kinda falls within my expectations :)

On topic:

Dear God, it's me again, Len, with another football related request. If you let Mario Balotelli sign for Arsenal I promise I will never ask you for anything else again in my life ever, i don't nothing for no more birthdays or Christmasses, just send Mario to The Emirates.

Hugs and Kisses

Len

Edited by sugaraylen

Xavi is gonna play in Qatar next year. This Barcelona is gonna be unrecognisable.

The thing is, I think Luis Enrique didnt want him and not the other way around.

Question for all the people not from England, in all seriousness here, how much, if at all, is George Best rated in your country?

Among the good football fans, he is highly rated. The general population that only follows their team or occasional fans, he is not as known as Maradona,Pele or even Zidane. But he is highly rated for those who know about football, yes.

My dad and his generation knew of him from United, and he made a lot of defenders look silly in the NASL in his later years.

Xavi is gonna play in Qatar next year. This Barcelona is gonna be unrecognisable.

so true. this is their new shirt (st george's cross) :

notaful20140102121600.jpg

but seriously, barcelona will be very different next year. it's a new era.

koke might replace xavi.

Edited by supercool

I always liked the Maradona is good but George, Best.

I don't agree with that statement but it's well played. All i know is that George was the king of partying, a real playboy. And he got my respect for that and the WC.

Here in Argentina almost no one knows who George Best is.