Toronto - July 15th

Amir

Wish they'd played TO when I was there in Feb 2012, they were actually supposed to play somewhere Feb 18th 2012 (may have been Sound Academy, can't remember). Ended up going to Atlantic City gig instead.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will add also, I saw Slash and co. at sound academy last year - this guns show blew that one away. Now if Guns make it into the city and play the Phoenix I'd be there in a heartbeat.

True but that's not fair to Slash. You can't compare GNR to his band.

Yeah that was the difference - the show. Slash's guitar playing was actually as good as it has ever been when I saw him, he was ripped and in great shape and looked happy. But as far as the show and the overall vibe and experience being in the audience, there is no comparison to the guns show..

This guns lineup was really really solid. They seemed to be enjoying it as much as the audience was, and the audience didn't even let up in between songs, and neither did the band. They went from song to song to song and kept the energy going. That in itself is something missing from a lot of live music, being able to keep an audience engaged like guns did last night. Really really hope they come back to toronto more. I remember seeing the pictures of axl and dj on the floors in the audience of the stones show - dudes know how to enjoy a rock show and knows how to put one on, you can't deny that.

Great to see the members doing the backing tracks live instead of the pre-recorded they used to use. I will take a flawed live vocal to a pre-recorded backing track anyway. But i wouldn't say these backing vox were flawed, they were awesome.

I just wish they did a second encore. I think most of the audience was game for another hour. Though it was a Monday night and Axl did stop in time for people to catch transit home. Guess you can't please all of the people all of the time...some would complain if they did go another hour about how late the rock n roll show was.

I saw them in Toronto for 2002, 2006, 2010 and Hamilton in 2011....

2002 was awful. The other 3 times he played great.

I was at the show last night and he performed better than good.

Seeing him upclose you can see obviously hes aging. For a vocalist, his age dancing around, belting out the songs, hes doing pretty great. Go see whatever is on MTV/MuchMusic these days dance around as much as axl and see them sing with an unrecorded backtrack..... than comment.

Also, all these youtube videos don't do justice as usual. Always sounds better in person.

Worth the $145 for a club show...

Out of the 9 shows I've been to I'll rank this one as number 2. Only behind the first Hammerstein show. Second to that show this was the most I have seen the crowd into it!! It just changes everything when the energy is that high!

The band is on a high and were laughing, making faces at us. Throwing their pics at us all night! They were having a blast and so were we! DJ brought out a bottle of Jag and told his gf to give us shots so a bunch of us took some gulps out of the bottle!

Axl even said "you guys were fucking great" at the end in a genuine way.

I could give a shit if his voice cracks here and there. Like seriously?? Is that what you are going to a show for to critique when he fucks up??! Being there it sounded fine to me!

I thought he really rocked don't cry! Loved it!!!

After the show people were so enthused that I talked to! One guy was beside himself! Kept saying "I've always wanted to see Axl and my friends didn't want to come. They were afraid he wouldn't show up. I'm so glad I came! That show was fucking awesome!" True story!

My friend who knows 3 GNR songs for the life of him who doesn't even like this genre of music was won over to the extent that he could have.

He was ready to pounce and make fun of me and GNR. He had to admit it was an amazing experience but he was just dumbfounded that there were so few people there and out of a city of 5million people there were only 22 VIPS with early entry. That is a good point but I couldn't care less!

I had a Great time!!!

Oh and Bumble met us before the show and joked about new music. He was like the shows are great and all but I think people want something else..... and then gave people the standard we are working on new music response. But you could sense his frustration. He lost so much weight! Like wow! By the time I wanted to ask him about it he was gone but wow! noticeably thinner!!!

Oh and Bumble met us before the show and joked about new music. He was like the shows are great and all but I think people want something else..... and then gave people the standard we are working on new music response. But you could sense his frustration.

BBF is such a complainer. Fernando better handle him.

Oh and Bumble met us before the show and joked about new music. He was like the shows are great and all but I think people want something else..... and then gave people the standard we are working on new music response. But you could sense his frustration.

BBF is such a complainer. Fernando better handle him.

Lol! no no! He wasn't upset. Just making light of what must be a frustrating topic that he gets asked about over and over.

Out of the 9 shows I've been to I'll rank this one as number 2. Only behind the first Hammerstein show. Second to that show this was the most I have seen the crowd into it!! It just changes everything when the energy is that high!

The band is on a high and were laughing, making faces at us. Throwing their pics at us all night! They were having a blast and so were we! DJ brought out a bottle of Jag and told his gf to give us shots so a bunch of us took some gulps out of the bottle!

Axl even said "you guys were fucking great" at the end in a genuine way.

I could give a shit if his voice cracks here and there. Like seriously?? Is that what you are going to a show for to critique when he fucks up??! Being there it sounded fine to me!

I thought he really rocked don't cry! Loved it!!!

After the show people were so enthused that I talked to! One guy was beside himself! Kept saying "I've always wanted to see Axl and my friends didn't want to come. They were afraid he wouldn't show up. I'm so glad I came! That show was fucking awesome!" True story!

My friend who knows 3 GNR songs for the life of him who doesn't even like this genre of music was won over to the extent that he could have.

He was ready to pounce and make fun of me and GNR. He had to admit it was an amazing experience but he was just dumbfounded that there were so few people there and out of a city of 5million people there were only 22 VIPS with early entry. That is a good point but I couldn't care less!

I had a Great time!!!

Oh and Bumble met us before the show and joked about new music. He was like the shows are great and all but I think people want something else..... and then gave people the standard we are working on new music response. But you could sense his frustration. He lost so much weight! Like wow! By the time I wanted to ask him about it he was gone but wow! noticeably thinner!!!

They are just so amazing live, one would expect the journalist to write more about that.

Axl sounded great last night. I really don't give a fuck what anyone says. I was there, on the rail and heard everything crystal clear. His voice was strong. Sure he uses the clean voice a lot more now, but the rasp was there and his voice was strong.

That is what I think. There is even no need for rasp necessarily.

I like the normal strong voice.

Axl sounds pretty damn good to me in the videos that were posted!

Agree, I not hear what the complainers are hearing.

I even listened twice to some videos which were supposedly horrible.

This was the best guns show i've been to, and I've been to several. The show was pumping. Frank was awesome, the band was totally in a groove for 3 hours. It was like rocket fire, song after song after song, they didn't let up once and neither did the crowd.

I can't believe there are any negative comments about this show! Axl was spot on the entire night!! Even the covers were rocking. Axl covering neil young in canada? - Spectacular.

I would really like to attend one of these small venue concerts!

I bet the band was happy because this is coming to an end.

Why shouldn't they be happy? They're doing their thing playing the greatest hits & getting a good reception from the audience and making some good money along the way. Seems just like a swell situation to me... :)

Ive been to 5 shows since 2002. As for Axl's performance from a VOCAL point, I give it 3rd place behind toronto 2010 and hamilton 2011.

HOWEVER the performance itself as a whole was the best ive been too. Great moods everywhere aand a FUKN MOSHPIT DURIN PARADISE!!!! havent seen that since ive been going GNFNR!!!!

Awesome show as a whole. Axl was inconsistant vocally but his demeanor/energy/mood/vibe/ connection with audience was incredible. I was center stage with 2 ppl between and the rails.

I got the feeling during the show that when he sensed the crowds energy declining, he would rip out some heavy rasp and it always pumped the place right up again. THE BAND rocked.

BBF really showed some class. He was on the floors jus before the opening act and was chattin with everyone and took pics. Super chill dude.

My bad if I repeated somethin. I dont have the energy to read every single post. GNFNR!!!

• 1 month later...

Here's one I filmed of Tommy doing Motivation.

The guy rocked, one of the highlights of the show for me (and def the best solo segment imo).

Tommy rejoins the Replacements tonight in Toronto, I'm sure it will be just as cool as this,(or cooler).

If anyone is going tonight, have a blast.

Rock out Tommy, enjoy!