Will GNR ever play St. Louis again?

TheSeeker

GNR has avenged the Montreal riot of 1992 with a show in 2010

GNR has avenged the Vancouver riot of 2002 with a show in 2011

GNR has avenged the Philadelphia riot of 2002 with a show in 2012

Will GNR ever avenge the St. Louis riot of 1991?

Since they most likely will never return to St. Louis, it would be nice if they would play a show somewhere just outside of St.Louis, like The Family Arena in St.Charles, which is just 30 minutes outside of St.Louis...they have rock shows there from time to time. Manson & Alice Cooper just played there a couple of weeks ago.

http://familyarena.com/family_arena_info.html

Cities can serve lifetime bans against someone. Even though Axl was found not guilty, it obviously went through the proper authorities to have him banned from the city. How is that enforced? I honestly do not know, but I sincerely doubt there is some alarm that goes off when Axl enters the city borders :tongue2: I'd even wager a good dollar that Axl has been in the city a few times. I think it is more along the lines that if Axl were to show up in a public event, get arrested, or pulled over in St. Louis, he'd probably have to spend some time in jail and/or pay hefty fines. I could totally be pulling this out of my ass, but I think I've read that Jim Morrison was banned from the city he was in when "exposed himself."

The riot in Montreal was probably just as bad a riot, but it could not be argued that it was incited by Axl. If I remember correctly, the band played the minimum amount of time they were supposed to. Axl was upset over the sound system or his voice or some shit and non threateningly ended the show. Although Philly had some skirmishes, those who were there said that it was not really a "riot" as much as just a very hostile environment, and although it was at the last minute, Axl went through the official channels to cancel the show.

St. Louis was a completely different story. Axl stopped the show to attack a fan (all of which is on tape).

Edited by themadcaplaughs

No, I really doubt they will, and you can blame Stump for that.

Pretty sure Axl shoulders more of that blame.

What do you mean he was found not guilty? He plead guilty - unless I'm remembering things very wrong.

What do you mean he was found not guilty? He plead guilty - unless I'm remembering things very wrong.

http://www.feelnumb.com/2009/12/13/guns-n-roses-riverport-riot-fuck-you-st-louis/

http://loudwire.com/axl-rose-musician-mug-shots/

I'm pretty sure he ended up paying a $50,000 fine, but inciting a riot would've put his ass in prison.

Edited by tat2d1

Cities can serve lifetime bans against someone. Even though Axl was found not guilty, it obviously went through the proper authorities to have him banned from the city. How is that enforced? I honestly do not know, but I sincerely doubt there is some alarm that goes off when Axl enters the city borders :tongue2: I'd even wager a good dollar that Axl has been in the city a few times. I think it is more along the lines that if Axl were to show up in a public event, get arrested, or pulled over in St. Louis, he'd probably have to spend some time in jail and/or pay hefty fines. I could totally be pulling this out of my ass, but I think I've read that Jim Morrison was banned from the city he was in when "exposed himself."

The riot in Montreal was probably just as bad a riot, but it could not be argued that it was incited by Axl. If I remember correctly, the band played the minimum amount of time they were supposed to. Axl was upset over the sound system or his voice or some shit and non threateningly ended the show. Although Philly had some skirmishes, those who were there said that it was not really a "riot" as much as just a very hostile environment, and although it was at the last minute, Axl went through the official channels to cancel the show.

St. Louis was a completely different story. Axl stopped the show to attack a fan (all of which is on tape).

But if filming was banned for the show which is what caused the riot, then who was filming the incident??

http://www.feelnumb.com/2009/12/13/guns-n-roses-riverport-riot-fuck-you-st-louis/

http://loudwire.com/axl-rose-musician-mug-shots/

I'm pretty sure he ended up paying a $50,000 fine, but inciting a riot would've put his ass in prison.

Not necessarily. Vince Neil killed someone and he's walking free. Strange how if he wasn't guilty he had to pay a $50k fine.

But if filming was banned for the show which is what caused the riot, then who was filming the incident??

The footage is the house feed or some other proshot source, not sure which. Either way it was a "legit" source, not fan footage.