Best clips 2000-2002 era

shotgunblues1978

Similar to the last thread: a lot of negativity surrounding this era, but a lot of amazing moments as well. Next up will be the 2006-2007 era, and 2009-2010 era. But I think we should have one thread for each iteration of "nu" GnR. Already plenty of points of reference for the old band

Couple of my personal favorites: KOHD performance from the 2002 MSG show. The Buckethead solo here is just beautiful (kicks in at 3:14), and it features a great vocal performance from Axl. Also like how the 2002 version was closer to the Bob Dylan original, particularly since they haven't done it that way on any other tour.

2002 Albany: in my opinion, the best LALD vocal performance of all time. The screams :wow:

Bucket's Nightrain solos were unbelievable. Should've never let the Bucket get away. Also, that 2002 Albany show must've been amazing to be it. You had the Serpico rant, the amazing LALD performance, and a legendary Nightrain performance

(Brain's drumming is also amazing on this one)

(Albany 2002)

Man, what a band... Best Guns N' Roses line-up ever, BY A MILE.

+1

And probably the best line up in rock band ever. The most diverse and talented, every member was from different music genre and they create true magic.

What a band. Not Guns N' Roses.. but I'm so glad I saw this line-up. I'll take Axl doing these vocals over 2011-2013 any day. The energy and hunger are gone. The clean voice actually sounds really good at times and powerful. He's not struggling or out of breath. Seeing them live in 2002 was definitely better than when I saw them in 2012.

Most of the time the 02 voice sounded pretty much identical and sometimes worse than what he sounds like now. There are a few songs he did really well, but there are a few songs he does well now, too.