Right Now, Axl is the wildest of the 5

fergus

If you take a look at the original 5, Axl is the one having the last laugh to enjoy Booze and maybe splenda.

The other 4 original members have quit doing drugs and even drinking but not AXL now days!

How do you feel about Axl's reckless life rock3

Edited by fergus

They're still wild on their own way, Izzy's doin his Izziness, Duff is doing music and things in his own way with his beautiful family, Steven is still chaotic as he always chose to be, Slash is doing his music and has a beautiful family too. Being a father is wild in its own way, do not underestimate that :)

If you take a look at the original 5, Axl is the one having the last laugh to enjoy Booze and maybe splenda.

The other 4 original members have quit doing drugs and even drinking but not AXL now days!

and still it doesn't make him more entertaining

Edited by netcat

Axl doesn't do coke and never really did in GN'R's heyday. There's a story about him, Baz and some other dudes in a limo where they're all doing coke apart from Axl's who's drinking very expensive champagne.

He obviously likes his booze still....

Axl and Baz did a radio interview where they practically admit to a love of Splenda. I think it's quite obvious that Axl has done a lot of coke in his time. Whether he still does is unclear. Going by what we know of his personality I can easily see why coke might be a preferred drug for him.

Oh ya axls a wild one alright. Completely going thru the motions. Playing the same show every night. Friday night bowling shows, and his mom on his shoulder every waking second of his life.

But he drinks and does blow so he's the man? Right...

Axl's so crazy he goes to swap meets and bistro crawls.

Slash, Duff, and Izzy - have fallen off the wagon before, and know they could fall off the wagon again. It's just during VR - Scott was a thousand times more out of control, no one was paying attention to what Slash, Duff, and Matt were doing.

Axl doesn't lead a reckless life. Adler on the other hand...

Except that Adler has been trying his hardest to stay clean over the past 4 years or so and looks amazing given the fact he's suffered two heart attacks, a stroke and countless overdoses.

Axl on the other hand. ...

Except that Adler has been trying his hardest to stay clean over the past 4 years or so and looks amazing given the fact he's suffered two heart attacks, a stroke and countless overdoses.

Guest NGOG

If Adler had tried his best to finish any relationship with drugs then he wouldn't recently have been admitted into rehab. I simply do not except that trying your best to get off drugs entails entering rehab yet again. Slash and Duff have made more commendable attempts at getting and staying clean.

Some you of you may object to Axl's current physical appearance however I would bet that internally he is easily looking at a greater life expectancy.

And I don't know why you are happy about this. Axl is old, you know? He can die at any moment. He needs to take care of himself.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Axl has never seemed to let addictions impede his life. He always seemed to have a grip on drugs and booze compared to the other guys. I feel like he's the same way today. He's a guy who enjoys partying and indulges but doesn't have the same addiction issues that caused Duff and Slash to go off the rails. The booze surely has an effect on his physical appearance as it's just empty calories and carbs, but I don't think there's any evidence that he's a coke fiend or an alcoholic as some people are alluding to.

Oh ya axls a wild one alright. Completely going thru the motions. Playing the same show every night. Friday night bowling shows, and his mom on his shoulder every waking second of his life.

But he drinks and does blow so he's the man? Right...

I laughed at first. Then I realized how sad it is...

Axl has never seemed to let addictions impede his life. He always seemed to have a grip on drugs and booze compared to the other guys. I feel like he's the same way today. He's a guy who enjoys partying and indulges but doesn't have the same addiction issues that caused Duff and Slash to go off the rails. The booze surely has an effect on his physical appearance as it's just empty calories and carbs, but I don't think there's any evidence that he's a coke fiend or an alcoholic as some people are alluding to.

Agreed.

That's the freedom he sort of have for not abusing of alcohol and/or drugs in the past. Freedom that the likes of Slash and Duff cannot have. However, for a 51-year-old, a little precaution wouldn't and shouldn't hurt.

Freedom? After a 10-meters sprint he needs an oxygen tank, can't breath properly and doesn't hold long notes anymore. He's always sick... strep throat, flu, bronchittis, montezuma, etc.

It's not like he was forced to tour after a serious car accident that hurted him badly to the point that he couldn't speak and think properly and couldn't move his fingers... yes, that would be a *real* excuse if he wanted to end a show early.

No, no. I mean the freedom of having a beer or getting drunk from time to time you know? Like every other person in the world. What I meant to say was, Slash and Duff can't drink, they know they can't.

If Axl is abusing of alcohol right now, that's not good and I think his current state kind of prove that.