Bumblefoot asked about new album in Dubai interview

Flayer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Ron leaving, for the most part, the guys in the band get along great and the GNR name as his calling card gives him some pretty cool opportunities. The only times he was openly disgruntled were Sturgis and the wedding gig.

Man, I'd give anything to be able to tap Axl's phone and listen in on his conversations about the band.

Perhaps the NSA has recorded Axl Conversations in their warehouse storage facilities. Personally I'd like to use this to find out what the hell happened to his voice between the end of 2010 and Rio 2011.

We know that MSL said that their was a new version of This I Love or Better with Vocals that were even raspier than the album. My theory is that when recording these maybe he felt that he had taxed his voice too hard in 2009 / 2010 so he made the conscience effort to save his voice for future recording sessions. I think perhaps that between 2007 and 2009 with the album being released he had an extended opportunity to rest his voice which may be why he hit his vocals so hard on the 2009 / 2010 tour and when recording again he made the effort to save it.

I hope they take a break from playing live and focus on the studio. Maybe after Axl lays down vocals he'll once again play shows where he sounds good.

Man, I'd give anything to be able to tap Axl's phone and listen in on his conversations about the band.

Perhaps the NSA has recorded Axl Conversations in their warehouse storage facilities. Personally I'd like to use this to find out what the hell happened to his voice between the end of 2010 and Rio 2011.

We know that MSL said that their was a new version of This I Love or Better with Vocals that were even raspier than the album. My theory is that when recording these maybe he felt that he had taxed his voice too hard in 2009 / 2010 so he made the conscience effort to save his voice for future recording sessions. I think perhaps that between 2007 and 2009 with the album being released he had an extended opportunity to rest his voice which may be why he hit his vocals so hard on the 2009 / 2010 tour and when recording again he made the effort to save it.

I hope they take a break from playing live and focus on the studio. Maybe after Axl lays down vocals he'll once again play shows where he sounds good.

NSA probably has tapped into Axl's phone because of the calls to Brazil...

These are the exact sort of comments that lead me to believe, if new music isn't written by the end of the year, Bumblefoot probably won't hang around too much longer. I just get the vibe that he's antsy to give the fans what they want and put out new music, and is getting as tired as some fans are of the endless touring. He's just being realistic. New music is all anyone wants to hear at this point, hence the constant negativity and arguments here in recent times.

you're right, he his having fun with other musicians all the time and soon he will get tired of guns because he's giving up his own time to solo tour and write/record for a band where he doesnt write and plays the same shit over n over

We could argue all day long if fans want new music or not. there's just no way we can ever find out what every single fan wants. I want new music and so do many of the fans that post here. But either way, this tour has been way too long.

Axl is the only guy that matters, these hired guns have been saying or hinting new album for the past 3 years except Axl.

those funking hacks should keep their mouths shut up, just like Axl does most for the time. It's just disrespectful for the guy that provides their paychecks every month.

The main question: Does Axl want to release a new album? If he doesn't it would be nice to know because the only I can make myself not care and not come to this forum several times a week is to get confirmation that Axl now considers the band a nostalgia act and to only expect "Best Of" compilations from the band from here on out.

The main question: Does Axl want to release a new album? If he doesn't it would be nice to know because the only I can make myself not care and not come to this forum several times a week is to get confirmation that Axl now considers the band a nostalgia act and to only expect "Best Of" compilations from the band from here on out.

But that's the thing. If Axl came out and out-right said that no new music will be coming out ever again and they'll just be a nostalgia act, he would have "lost" the fight. The new band would be useless and the last 15 years would be a waste. He continues to add this misguided sense of hope for us hardcore fans who want new music because were the only real fans he has left. Plus, he doesn't want to lose anymore band mates because if it's clear that Axl doesn't intend to release new music with the current band, I highly doubt Ron and DJ are staying for a nostalgia payday playing music they didn't write.

In the end, it's all down to Axl. But I just wish that he could atleast tell us what his ideal plan is. Like for instance, he would tweet "were working on getting a new GN'R album out in 2014." There, nothing concrete but atleast we know he cares and we have something to look forward to. The constant different story's between all the band mates plus Axl not seemingly giving a shit doesn't look promising.

llll:

Does Axl like to have one specific person that he writes with, or does it just work out that the other guys just don't write as good of material? Also, you mention Stinson and Bumblefoot boycotting material. Why would Axl just not shit can them if they're doing that kind of crap? Or does it come from him not wanting to lose anymore members?

Edited by themadcaplaughs

Guys, the 'llll' user is full of shit. If you see the account posting, please ignore it and report it.

Why censor me if I am so full of shit, while a lot of shit is being written here every day and you allow them? Banning my IP, accounts. Someone's getting very nervous, eh?
The people telling you to censor me know it's the truth. The fact you delete my posts and ban my |IP for just posting like everyone else here, is proof there is truth in them.
By the way, how were all those shows you went to for free, paid by the GNR camp? People like you are very cheap to buy.
Edited by llllll

Guys, the 'llll' user is full of shit. If you see the account posting, please ignore it and report it.

I'm going to the White House claim how Obama sucks and how he manipulates people from all around the world. I'm also going to tell that his friends are gay and that he's in for the money and fame and that he hates the USA. Why? I don't know, but if someone pushes me I'll claim that I'm right and that everyone else is censoring me. Then I'll look at everyone else with a "I know what's going on" face and act like if I'm actually important. I'll also claim that I was invited to be the USA's president but said no because my integrity would be hurt.

That sums 'lll' pretty well.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

The whole party pass thing gets really old, especially because, as a mod, I know it's complete horseshit. :lol: None of us have ever gotten special treatments, perk offers or what-have-you. If anything I'd assume GN'R Camp isn't too keen on us lately, since we do allow a greater level of conversation here and don't censor people. But posting defamatory, unfounded stuff about bandmembers is another thing altogether (Axl was a gay 'taker' in the '80s for Hollywood record moguls, DJ is a bisexual 'buttboy,' and Ron is a wifebeating cokehead are some of this fool's more salacious - and false - recent claims) - and puts us, as a fan forum, in an untenable situation legally. It's that simple.

Why censor me if I am so full of shit, while a lot of shit is being written here every day and you allow them? Banning my IP, accounts. Someone's getting very nervous, eh?
The people telling you to censor me know it's the truth. The fact you delete my posts and ban my |IP for just posting like everyone else here, is proof there is truth in them.
By the way, how were all those shows you went to for free, paid by the GNR camp? People like you are very cheap to buy.

More like, the claims you've been making (ie: BBF is a wifebeating cokehead) are patently untrue, slanderous and expose us to legal action. Of course I'm going to delete them, ban your accounts and your IP address.

Free shows? Would you care to share which shows I got into "for free"? Because I've never, ever received a free ticket to a show, nor have I ever been given special treatment by management.

EDIT: Guys, GIF-only posts are OK, but not when there's 5 in a row.