New Manic Street Preachers song/album

Georgy Zhukov

Yeah i didnt expect it so soon if ever.

Nicky Wire spreading misinformation like usual. I read back in the 90's Richey and Nicky went on how they wanted Generation Terrorist to outsell Appetite For Destruction and then break up the band but the other guys were like "uh, we still want to make more music."

I think that it didnt out sell AFD made them rethink. Then they became like rock whores.

Woah depressing video for Rewind. This might be the first Manic album that is really them. Thats Blackwood isnt?

James also said he wasnt going to sing on next album.

I think that it didnt out sell AFD made them rethink. Then they became like rock whores.

Woah depressing video for Rewind. This might be the first Manic album that is really them. Thats Blackwood isnt?

James also said he wasnt going to sing on next album.

Well he lied. Obviously.

I didnt get why he was saying that about not singing. I do sort of wish Richey was the singer with a grwat voice instead of Izzy Stradlin with a politics degree.

Yeah, but keep in mind that Richey could write, but he couldn't play. He played guitar on, what - two songs total?

It always kind of bothered me a bit that he was miming on stage the entire time.

I didnt get why he was saying that about not singing. I do sort of wish Richey was the singer with a grwat voice instead of Izzy Stradlin with a politics degree.

Yeah, but keep in mind that Richey could write, but he couldn't play. He played guitar on, what - two songs total?

It always kind of bothered me a bit that he was miming on stage the entire time.

I know, just in alt universe, considering he didn't play but did write lyrics. and I think James is more of guitar hero.

they said he played "light rhythm". One of rumors going around was that they got session players in to play on GT.

It kind of fit their philosophy that he couldn't play. He had the cheek bones and did great interviews.

Seems like they have done 2 records. The first one is lighter, second they made with the Holy Bible producer.

In May 2013, the Manics announced that they were in the process of recording two new albums simultaneously, with 35 new songs being recorded. Vocalist/lead guitarist James Dean Bradfield told the NME, "We've nearly finished mixing this [the first album]. It's much more acoustic based – I think there's one electric guitar on the entire record. But it's not Campfire Street Preachers, we're not banging boxes or anything... The lead track sounds like a mix between "Rocks Off"-era Stones and Vegas-era Elvis."[3] Bradfield also revealed, "I can tell you that both albums will be very different from each other in terms of style... One will be more acoustic and gentle in nature with lots of horns and a real atlantic soul element to it, while the other's going to be way more spikey with lots and lots of electric guitar on there."[1]

I think I'm more excited about the Rocks Off meets Vegas Elvis punk album recorded in Berlin!!!!!!!!!!

I know, just in alt universe, considering he didn't play but did write lyrics. and I think James is more of guitar hero.

they said he played "light rhythm". One of rumors going around was that they got session players in to play on GT.

It kind of fit their philosophy that he couldn't play. He had the cheek bones and did great interviews.

I always thought that James plate guitar and bass on the album, and Sean programmed drums.

There were overdubs with live drums on some tracks on the edited US version. I assume those were from a session player.

Simon Price says the new album quotes Lennon and Lenin (shock!) and samples Beefheart.

I laughed when Lennon got shot.

Nicky eventually learned to play bass. I want to say he started playing in Gold Against the Soul.

That's such a great album. Nails all rock markets. So commercial, without making it obviously they tapped into grunge, metal, hair metal, pop. It's almost their best album. There's even Queen and Metallica influences.

I always thought that James plate guitar and bass on the album, and Sean programmed drums.

There were overdubs with live drums on some tracks on the edited US version. I assume those were from a session player.

I think they were hyping it up. It was a cool thing to say "we paid for session musicians to do the album". I saw them live shortly after GT came out in a club. and all you could hear was James' guitar/vocals and drums. Motorcycle was played so fast. Nicky came out carrying a painting of Marilyn Monroe which smashed on the floor as Slash N Burn started. it was a really short set then they trashed their instruments and left. I think Repeat was the last song.

I think they were hyping it up. It was a cool thing to say "we paid for session musicians to do the album". I saw them live shortly after GT came out in a club. and all you could hear was James' guitar/vocals and drums. Motorcycle was played so fast. Nicky came out carrying a painting of Marilyn Monroe which smashed on the floor as Slash N Burn started. it was a really short set then they trashed their instruments and left. I think Repeat was the last song.

Wow. That's great.

And you liked Postcards? I can't imagine there are many people who were around for GT who are still following them today. They all seemed to come back out of the woodwork for that National Treasures o2 gig. I've never seen so much leopard print.

Wow. That's great.

And you liked Postcards? I can't imagine there are many people who were around for GT who are still following them today. They all seemed to come back out of the woodwork for that National Treasures o2 gig. I've never seen so much leopard print.

I never got the leopard skin coat but I had some white jeans and spray painted useless slut on def leppard t shirt. I think there's a lot of people that have followed every album of the band. Postcards was like Everything Must Go if a bit more commercial. This is my Truth I think they were so popular on radio that it didn't seem like the manics. but then Know Your Enemy was a return to political manics again and Life Blood like the American Psycho album kind of 80s Holy Bible. Tigers kind of kind of brought them back. I was surprised how well Plague Lovers was received. Then Postcards and National Treasures really seemed like the end. But they are back again with This is My Truth 2 and what sounds like another evolution of Holy Bible. They seem to do a pop one then a metal one.

The Everlasting Manic Street Preachers.

Wow. That's great.

There's so much MSP that I haven't heard yet since their catalogue is so big (and expensive to import.)

I really liked SATT, JFPL didn't do much for me outside of a few songs, and I absolutely LOVE PFAYM.

Of course, I really like GT and GATT. I really need to spend A LOT more time with THB, and EMG took a while to grow on me, but I love it outside of a few songs.

McCoy, are you more into Nicky's lyrics than Richey's?

Nicky's are more straight-forward. They work for MSP's poppier material.

Richey was a gifted writer for sure, but he could be all over the place at times.

I know that James only ever wrote lyrics for "Ocean Spray" - was there ever an explanation for why he was never much of a lyricist?