Chinese Democracy alternate booklets FULL

Guest NGOG

If they chose the bike one it Must have been due to authorization of one or more of these paintings. Still, they could've used the red hand or grenade cover and the bike booklet if that's the case. I can't get over the fact the most expensive album ever, with megalomaniac-esque songs and heavy production has a picture of an old bike on the cover. I get the idea of how 'interesting' it is that someone graffiti Guns N' Roses on a random wall in China but it's not cool as an album cover, especially when minimalism is the last thing you think of when thinking about Chinese Democracy.

Wow, I like it a lot.

I saw red hand booklet before and I believe it's the best. Granade booklet is good, but also a little weird. Stalin, Mao, kissing guys, don't ask don't tell - WTF!?

In the US, the military has a dont ask dont tell policy in regards to being gay, thats why the soldiers are kissing. Why or how it relates to the song or album Idk.

Yeah I know, that was my thought exactly. What Mao and Stalin has to do with gays in US army?

BTW maybe Obama and his change (no more "don ask don'tell" rule) is the reason why that booklet wasn't released... (joking).

Wow, I like it a lot.

I saw red hand booklet before and I believe it's the best. Granade booklet is good, but also a little weird. Stalin, Mao, kissing guys, don't ask don't tell - WTF!?

In the US, the military has a dont ask dont tell policy in regards to being gay, thats why the soldiers are kissing. Why or how it relates to the song or album Idk.

Yeah I know, that was my thought exactly. What Mao and Stalin has to do with gays in US army?

BTW maybe Obama and his change (no more "don ask don'tell" rule) is the reason why that booklet wasn't released... (joking).

May be because communism and being gay dont go together, thats my guess. :shrugs:

Couldn't find info on Red Hand, but info on other paintings here: http://gnrinternational.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=chinesedemocracy&action=print&thread=2499

Also, just saw that Hundreds of Thousands is $4,800 for 1 of 25 prints. Not that rare, then. Just find a high-res version and print it myself :P

:lol:

That's what I'm trying to do.

I remember I tried to buy the Snakepit II original artwork from Slash's auction few years ago. I was willing to pay $5000 but that went for around $14,000 lol.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

• 1 year later...

For the first time, through avid GNR collector Troccoli, we are now able to see Axl's alternative Chinese Democracy booklets in their entirety.

Cover B - Red Hand

http://t.co/zPUzC3m40e

Cover C - Grenade

http://t.co/BCzUwlrdGy

I liked the liner notes, always wondered what the hell Rhiad was about, now I know! thanks for sharing. I could have used this a few weeks for an essay I was doing, Axls other quotes on Chines democracy were a little timid and didn't really express a definitive position, other than he was opposed to the overall treatment of the chinese people. good read and some of the images were quite good, would have preferred either the grenade or the the red hand as the cover instead of the the bike.